Bits' Football Nation Blog 2013

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mr2Bits, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]

The Blog is back for the '13 edition, featuring a daily dose of your hottest Crop news from the NCAA and the National.Football.League. The draft is done, so over the next couple of week's the blog will begin to breakdown each team's season prospects, starting with the #1 overall pick Florida Gators:

[​IMG] The Gators are coming off a lack-luster 7-6 campaign, but there is good news in Gainesville: coach Muschamp is out and coach 2Bits is in! Coach Bits will bring with him a wealth of arm-chair quarterback experience to The Swamp. Oh...and the best recruiting record in the Crop. No doubt coach Bits will own the state of Florida in recruiting in no time, especially in the southern portion of the state. Here is a breakdown of Florida's season:

Offense question mark: Driscoll or Brissett? Coach Bits will have to decide quickly on which sophomore signal caller will get the nod. Both guys were top recruits out of high school. Brissett has a slightly bigger arm, but Driscoll is a mobile threat. Coach Bits has been known to use mobile QBs off the bench, so look for this as a possibility if Jacoby Brissett wins the job in camp.

Key Player on offense: Mike Gilislee (RB). With a young QB under center, Gilislee will have to be productive. He is the type of balanced combo back that every coach (outside of Urban Meyer) loves to have.

[​IMG]

The Gators will need Mike Gilislee to play big in '13

Defensive question mark: The secondary? Florida was TERRIBLE in the defensive backfield a year ago. With Janoris Jenkins on Mary Jane Island, the Gators were forced to start an inexperienced group in the secondary. The coaching staff is hoping that a year of experience will go a long way. Matt Elam & Pop Saunders should be solid. Can Jalen Watkins (brother of Clemson stud SO Sammy Watkins) step it up in '13?

Key player on defense: Dominique Easly. #2 is a stuuuuuuuuud on the inside. Combined with Shariff Floyd and Ronald Powell, Florida's D-line will be a force this season.

Schedule: Although the full schedule is not out, the Gators will travel to TAMU on September 8th to open SEC play. Florida will also renew its rivalry with Miami and host LSU in October. Rumor has it that Florida could also host either Ohio State or Michigan State in a reported Big Ten / SEC Challenge. Keep in mind that Michigan will play Alabama on September 1st in Arlington Texas.

Prediction: 9-3. The biggest two games on this team's schedule are Georgia and South Carolina, period. If the Gators can win 9 games and the SEC East, then that will be a hell of a start for coach Bits.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Sign me up. MSU is looking to display a "show of force" in Florida to bolster their recruiting efforts.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Good luck with two power houses in the State

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

This morning's blog will look at the #2 overall pick, the Chicago Bears.

[​IMG] After making it all the way to the NFC Championship Game two years ago, the Bears are coming off a mediocre 8-8 season that has fans questioning the heart of this team, especially its quarterback Jay Cutler. The first thing that coach Payton did after taking over for Mike Martz was meet with Cutler. That relationship will be crucial to the development of a successful season in Chicago.

Offensive question mark: The passing game? For a team that had an offensive coach as a "genius," the Bears finished 26th overall in the league in passing. Part of the problem was that Martz was running the "Greatest Show on Turf" in the Windy City. And oh yeah, he didn't have Marshall Faulk or Tory Holt. The Bears made a nice pick-up in Round 2 of the draft, snagging South Carolina stud Alshon Jeffrey. Look for him to make an immediate impact on offense.

Key player on offense: Matt Forte: Once his holdout ends, Forte will lead a potent rushing attack which finished 9th overall in the league last year at just over 125 yards a game. The Bears also picked up Michael Bush from Oakland as a nice insurance policy.

Defensive question mark: injuries? Brian Urlacher is still one of the greats in the game, but he is getting old. Over the past decade the Bears have been one of the best in the NFL on D, but staying healthy has been a concern at times. Right, Mike Brown?

Key player on defense: Julius Peppers: Man, this guy gives 32 year olds a good name. Peppers, a perpetual All Pro, had 11 sacks in 2011. The Bears need him to be a stable force in front of Urlacher and Lance Briggs.

[​IMG]

Julius Peppers has 100 career sacks

Schedule: The first part of it is kinda tough, not going to lie. Chicago will have to go to Green Bay on a Thursday night on three nights rest Week 2. Then the Bears get the new look Rams (week 3) and then travel to Dallas (week 4) on Monday Night Football. Soon after they will play Detroit, Carolina, and Houston, all in Chicago.

Prediction: 10-6, 2nd in NFC North. The blog thinks coach Payton gets it done in year 1 and takes the Bears back to the playoffs. Chicago will be right in the mix with Green Bay and Detroit for the NFC North title. One of these three teams will be left out in the playoff cold, however. Will it be the Bears?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]
    Tonight's blog will look at the #3 overall pick, the Alabama Crimson Tide
    [​IMG] Alabama is coming off its second BCS Title in the past three seasons. On defense the Tide will have to replace a lot, but the way this team recruits no one doubts that Bama can compete in 2012. With coach JFunk taking over in Tuscaloosa, the Tide will get an early test for their young but talented D when they travel to Cowboys Stadium to take on Denard Robinson and Michigan on September 1st. Get yo popcorn ready.

Offensive question mark: where's Trent? Eddy Lacey takes over in the backfield and will be a bruiser, but can he be an every down back? This team will also have fresh faces at WR. Look for JR Kevin Norwood to breakout for the Tide this year. Bama fans are also hopeful that Duron Carter can finally get his act together and get on the field.

Key player on offense: A.J. McCarron. The Tide signal caller has a National Title on his resume, but can he carry Bama to an SEC Championship? Last year he was asked not to lose games; this year he will be asked to make plays to win games.

[​IMG]

A.J. McCarron grew up on the field in 2011

Defensive question mark: the replacements? Alabama will replace much of its defense this season, losing multiple draft picks to the NFL. Most pundits believe that the defense is talented enough to make a push for the SEC and BCS Titles, but we will find out very early in the season if this is the case.

Key player on defense: C.J. Mosley & Nico Johnson: Both of these studs have the potential to join the ranks of All America linebackers in the most recent years. They will lead a talented but inexperienced D.

Schedule: Alabama has three HUGE games on its schedule. The Michigan game in Texas on September 1st will be the showcase of college football. That D will have its hands full with "Shoelace." Bama will travel to LSU in November and then get Auburn at home to close the season. There are rumors of a game with a Pac 12 team, possibly Stanford.

Prediction: 11-1, SEC Champions: This team is built to go the distance. The blog thinks they may stumble once along the way, but as long as the win in Atlanta, they should play for a BCS Title.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

This morning the blog checks in on the team with THE hottest cheerleaders in the NCAA, the #4 Oregon Ducks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]The Ducks are coming off a 3rd straight Pac 12 Title and are poised to make another run at the Rose Bowl and even the BCS Title Game. LaMichael James is gone, but Kenjon Barner and De'Anthony Thomas will pick up the slack. The Pac 12 will be a dog fight this year, but expect the Ducks to be in the middle of the fray come December.

Offensive question mark: quarterback? As in, Darren Thomas left early for the NFL, so what the hell now? The answer will most likely be Marcus Mariota, who went 18-26 for 202 yards in the Spring Game. He also ran for 99 yards. Mariota is built like former Oregon QB Jerimiah Masoli. Let's just hope for Oregon's sake he can play like Masoli on the field, but not mimic Masoli off the field.

Key player on offense: De'Anthony Thomas. This kid might be the fastest player in college football now that Jeff Demps is gone. He is LaMichael James 2.0, but faster. The Ducks will need to get him multiple touches in their fast-break spread offense. Thomas is a home run hitter.

Thomas averaged 10.8 yards per carry in 2011

Defensive question mark: notoriety? Can someone name a player on Oregon's defense? I didn't think so. If you say you could without looking this shit up, you are a liar Rusty. Anyway, the big question mark for Oregon's D is can their offense score enough points to keep them from blowing it. This team gave up 24 points per game last season.

Key player on defense: Kiko Alonso. Last year's Rose Bowl MVP on defense, Kiko will need to be big at OLB for the Ducks in '12. He will be playing behind a D-line that is not the most talented in the nation, so expect the tackles to rack up quickly.

Schedule: The Ducks will get Washington, USC, and Stanford all in the regular season, before a likely Pac 12 title game appearance. There are rumors of a game in the works with either Ohio State or Miami to start the season.

Prediction: 11-1, Pac 12 North Champions. The Quack Attack will drop one along the way, but will be in the mix at the end of the season. Right now USC has to be the favorite in the Pac 12, but the blog thinks that the Ducks run away with the North and get by both Stanford and Washington.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Iron Mickey

USC gonna get whooped!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

USC, PAC12 Champz!!!

Go Mike!!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The Ducks Defense is rebuilding.

The best player on the Ducks D isnt Kiko, its S John Boyett and I didnt need to look it up.

boom! I got my first rebuilding quote out early.

• Like Like x 3
  10. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Not year 1!!!!!! We gotta win the PAC12 this year...might be my only chance, but I've been making to rounds to top schools in So Cal like Poly Westlake, Servite, Compton, MD already building for the feature

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

For the new guys that might not understand the significance of that comment, Rusty (AKA Bruce) is a perennial champion that won the lion's share of the titles in 2012. Despite his constant success on the field, his team is always "not very good this year" and always rebuilding.

• Like Like x 5
  12. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

and my stupid ass had to pick the same conference...smh

• Like Like x 3
  13. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

***typing up resume for when he gets fired***

• Like Like x 1
  14. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

lol dont worry bro

15. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

As in ... "don't worry bro, I got fired 6 times and David bailed me out every time".

• Like Like x 1
  16. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

damn skippy!!!! i think i got fired every season at the end..couldn't even beat the CPU

17. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Damn!!! Someone is fired up in Sh!t talkin' mode.

18. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Here is a look at the #5 overall pick, the team with the hottest cheerleaders in all of football, the Dallas Cowboys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]The Cowboys enter the season with a tremendous amount of hype and expectations, but what else is new. On paper this team has what it takes to compete for a championship, but there are huge questions about its leadership. Is Romo really the guy to lead Dallas to the Super Bowl? Can the offensive line hold up? Are there enough pieces in place on D? TOO MANY QUESTIONS!

Offensive question mark: Romo homo? I feel like I could write a book about this topic. From the botched snap to the bad decisions in the second half of games, Romo is the guy with all the talent who cannot produce in the clutch. He is the LeBron James of the NFL, though nearly not as talented. He obviously has to play well and limit turnovers for Dallas to win a crowded NFC and advance to the Super Bowl.

Key player on offense: DeMarco Murray. With Felix Jones traded to the Patriots, DeMarco will be the man in the backfield. Last year he came up with some big game performances. Jerry & Co. are hoping that he can parlay that into a Pro Bowl season. If so, look for the Cowboys to make a deep run into the Playoffs.

Defensive question mark: the secondary? Last year this team ranked 23rd in the league in opponent's passing yards per game. Dallas made a big move in acquiring LSU CB Morris Claiborne in the first round of April's NFL Draft. Hopefully Claiborne can be the lockdown corner he was in the SEC.

Key player on defense: DeMarcus Ware. A stud if there ever was one. How many sacks did Ware have in 2011? 19.5. Are you kidding me? DeMarcus is on his way to booking a trip to Canton if he continues to put up the kind of numbers which he has over his first six seasons in the league.

Schedule: There are not a ton of user pitfalls for the Boys on the schedule this year. The division games of course will be huge, but coach Schad is looking at 3 user games out of division. Look for a possible NFC Championship preview on December 23rd when Dallas hosts the New Orleans Saints.

Prediction: 13-3, NFC East Champions. The Cowboys will face a challenge from the Giants in the East, but should win the division. The blog thinks that they are the favorites in the NFC. If I were a betting man, and I'm not, I would put money on Dallas.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Iron Mickey

• Like Like x 1
  20. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

We are going to take over Jerry's house David Homo better bring his A game!!!! Might have a lil money on his head;)

• Like Like x 1
  21. BRUCE80

Hahahaha.

Fisher is disgusted by this statement.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  22. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

is this guy back coaching? What was the Rams record last year? :p
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  24. BRUCE80

Ummm....the Rams beat your cheating Saints last year partner.

the overall record was terrible as they suffered way to many injuries to have a decent season.

However they beat the Saints with Feely at QB....enough said. I think Long just sacked Brees again btw.

25. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

i think that was one our worst games last season...but i will bring my SAINTS to St Louis anytime