Archived Bits' Heisman Watch: 2011 Edition

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mr2Bits, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Bits' Heisman Watch: 2011 Edition

Is it too early to talk Heisman? Never! Here are Bits' top 5 candidates for the Heisman in 2011:

1. Matt Barkley, QB, USC: The Trojans are poised to sweep through the Pac-10 and land in New Orleans for the BCS title game if they can get past the road blocks of Boise St. and Notre Dame. Barkley is coming off of a season in which he threw for 40 TDs and over 4000 yards.

2. Kellen Moore, QB, Boise St: This guy might just be around forever. If Boise can survive the brutal three week gauntlet to open its season (VT at home, followed by consecutive road trips to Bama and USC), then look for Kellen Moore to be your Heisman front runner the rest of the way.

3. Terrelle Pryor, QB, Ohio State: The dual threat stud is arguably the best quarterback in the nation, or the most over-hyped. Either way, Pryor is a serious Heisman contender. In order for him to hoist the trophy, the Buckeyes must win the Big Ten.

4. Jacory Haris, QB, Miami: Now a senior, Harris looks poised to bring "da U" back to BCS prominence. Harris will get a chance to make a statement early, as the Canes travel to the Swamp in week 2.

5. Dion Lewis, RB, Pitt: Lewis is arguably the best back in college football. In his senior year he has to be dominant in every game and lead Pitt past West Virginia to the BCS in order to win the Heisman.

Other players on the Heisman Watch list:

Taiwan Easterling, WR, FSU
    Lamichael James, RB, Oregon
    A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
    Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
    Jacquizz Rodgers, RB, Oregon St.
    Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma
    Ryan Williams, HB, Virginia Tech
    Trent Richardson, HB, Alabama
    Chris Rainey, WR/RB, Florida
    Jordan Jefferson, QB, LSU

• Like Like x 1
  2. BG

BG On The Rize!

Didn't Denard Robinson for Michigan transfer? However, Devin Gardner is no slouch!!!

3. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Correct. Good catch. Updated.

Any Heisman predictions?

4. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

nice work 2Bits

5. Gabeastmode

Gabeastmode Walk On

Nice go Kellen

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

F*cking Denard Robinson... I gave him the world and a new car... It's sad that I'm going to end his season when we play Northwestern... He was going to start this year... Damn... And I have to face Pryor and Crist this season... man its going to be a fight... Good List Bruh Bruh

7. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Ryan Williams will get the Heisman. If not Williams, it will probably be at toss up between Pryor or Barkley.

8. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Dion Lewis should run wild on the Big East and if none of us play them it will be even better for his numbers. I'll peg him as my favorite. Very good list Bits.

9. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Heisman Watch (2011): Week 2

1. Matt Barkley, QB, USC: Barkley threw for 3 scores and ran for another in a statement win over defending champion Texas. Next: vs. Boise State

2. Kellen Moore, QB, Boise St: The senior had a huge game as the Broncos put it to the Hokies on the smurf turf. Next: @ Alabama

3. Terrelle Pryor, QB, Ohio State: Pryor had almost 350 yards of total offense in Ohio State's rout of Washington. We'll see if Pryor can keep this Heisman pace against a quality SEC opponent this week. Next: vs. Auburn

4. Jacory Haris, QB, Miami: The Canes were idle last week, but Harris will have a big time Heisman stage against the Gators in the Swamp. Next: @ Florida

5. Dion Lewis, RB, Pitt: Lewis had 151 yards on just 16 carries in Pitt's dismantling of Buffalo. Next: vs. FCS Fill-in-the-blank

10. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Heisman Watch (2011): Week 3

1. Matt Barkley, QB, USC: We'll see if Barkley can hold the title of "Heisman Front Runner" this week against the Broncos Next: vs. Boise State

2. Terrelle Pryor, QB, Ohio State: Pryor did not put up stellar numbers against the Tigers, but he did lead his team into a hostile SEC environment and secured a key victory. Next: vs. Syracuse

3. John Brantley, QB, Florida: Brantley had a huge game against Miami. His achilles heel last season was interceptions. If he can play efficiently and lead Florida to an SEC championship, Brantley will receive an invite to NYC. Next: vs. Tennessee

4. Shaquelle Evans, WR, Notre Dame: Two HUGE TDs against rival Michigan propel Evans into the conversation. Can he keep it up without Dayne Crist at QB? Next: vs. Clemson

5. Kellen Moore, QB, Boise St: The loss to Bama is tough to swallow, but Boise still has a lot to play for. Moore can get back into the Heisman discussion with a big game against USC. Next: @ USC

11. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Heisman Watch: Week 4

The Heisman race is WIDE open at this point. These 5 guys have just about as good a chance as anyone:

1. Shaquelle Evans, WR, Notre Dame: Shaq-daddy had 166 yards and 2 scores against Clemson. He will most likely put up huge numbers in coach Drunken's "pass first and ask questions later" offense. We could be looking at Michael Floyd II. Next: @Purdue

2. Matt Barkley, QB, USC: The loss to Boise was tough for the Trojans, but it wasn't exactly Barkley's fault. He will still be a factor in the Heisman if he puts up numbers similar to last year's, AND USC defeats Notre Dame. Next: @Stanford

3. John Brantley, QB, Florida: Brantley had a solid game against Tennessee, throwing for 3 TDs in Florida's 27-10 victory in the Swamp. Brantley did throw his first INT of the season, but through 2 games coach 2Bits will take an 8:1 TD:INT ratio. Next: @Auburn

4. Kellen Moore, QB, Boise St: A big time win against USC puts Kellen Moore back into the conversation. The only question is will this victory be fresh enough in the voters' minds come December? Next: @Louisiana Tech (9/24)

12. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Heisman Watch: Week 5

1. Shaquelle Evans, WR, Notre Dame: With only 2 catches for 36 yards against Purdue, Shaq-baby-diesel will have to step up his game to earn Notre Dame its second Heisman. Evans will have a huge stage in two weeks against the Trojans. Next: USC (10/8)

2. Matt Barkley, QB, USC: Barkley throws for 377 yards and 4 TDs in USC's rout of Stanford. Next: Arizona State

3. John Brantley, QB, Florida: Brantley threw for 3 TDs without turning the ball over in leading the Gators over a tricky Auburn Tigers squad. Next: Alabama

4. Kellen Moore, QB, Boise St: Moore was idle last week, but looks to continue putting up monster numbers against the WAC this week. Next: @Louisiana Tech

5. Nathan Stanley, QB, Ole Miss: Honestly I have been holding off on Stanley, but at this point he has to be considered a Heisman threat. He has thrown for 15 TDs and has not thrown a pick this season. We will see if he can continue to put up these kind of numbers against the best of the SEC. Next: @Vanderbilt (10/1)

13. BG

BG On The Rize!

Is this the real Heisman list? E.J. Manuel will be on this list within the next two weeks, LOL!!!

14. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

(n)Wont be any Illini thats for sure

15. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Sure...after beating up on Duke and Wake:D

16. BG

BG On The Rize!

I'll take it any way I can get it! However, I'll take Wake and Duke over New Mexico St. and Lousiana Tech any day!

17. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Yeah...wasn't happy to see @La Tech on the schedule. Florida plays its share of cupcakes, but at least give them to me at home!

No worries JV, I know how much of a pain scheduling is.

I stand by my schedule though. So far I think I have played the toughest schedule in the nation. Miami, Tennessee, @Auburn, Bama, @LSU to start the season!

18. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Heisman Watch: Week 7

The Heisman is looking more and more like a two man race between Nathan Stanley of Ole Miss and EJ Emanuel of Florida State. There are a few who have an outside shot, but these guys are in the driver's seat for sure.

1. E.J. Emanuel, QB, Florida State: The senior destroyed rival Miami last week, passing for 308 yards and 4 TDs. This was a Heisman moment, but let's face it: everyone has beaten up on "da U" this season. Emanuel's real Heisman opportunity will come when Florida State travels to The Swamp in late November.

2. Nathan Stanley, QB, Ole Miss: Stanley WILL win the Heisman Trophy if he can lead the Rebels to their first ever SEC Championship game appearance. Period.

3. Robert Woods, WR, USC: The sophomore phenom has over 1100 yards and 11 TDs. But, he's no Michael Floyd, yet.

19. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

nice work Mr2bits, although my boy went down a bit, lol. A new trojan maybe on your board soon.

20. BG

BG On The Rize!

Thats what I'm talking about! LOL!

21. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Heisman Watch: Week 9

The Heisman is looking more and more like a two man race between Nathan Stanley of Ole Miss and EJ Emanuel of Florida State. There are a few who have an outside shot, but these guys are in the driver's seat for sure.

1. E.J. Emanuel, QB, Florida State: The senior destroyed rival Miami last week, passing for 308 yards and 4 TDs. This was a Heisman moment, but let's face it: everyone has beaten up on "da U" this season. Emanuel's real Heisman opportunity will come when Florida State travels to The Swamp in late November.

2. Nathan Stanley, QB, Ole Miss: Stanley WILL win the Heisman Trophy if he can lead the Rebels to their first ever SEC Championship game appearance. Period.

3. Robert Woods, WR, USC: The sophomore phenom has over 1100 yards and 11 TDs. But, he's no Michael Floyd, yet.

22. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Heisman Watch: Week 12

1. E.J. Emanuel, QB, Florida State: Emanuel quarterbacked his team to a win over an inspired Clemson squad last week.

2. Robert Woods, WR, USC: He will just not go away. Woods caught 9 balls for 179 yards and a score in USC's rout of UDub last week.

3. Nathan Stanley, QB, Ole Miss: Stanley and the Rebs suffered a major setback losing to Georgia last week. However, a win over LSU this week could vault Ole Miss into the SEC Championship game and Stanley to the podium in NYC.

23. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

[​IMG]
    Woods stats from the stanford game and he dropped a TD pass in the back of the Endzone....

24. BG

BG On The Rize!

Stat Whore, JK! That guys a beast!!!!

25. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

I can say from first hand experience that EJ is for real. He finds ways to win.