Bits' Heisman Watch

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mr2Bits, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Bits' Heisman Watch

An early look at the top Heisman candidates:

1. Sam Bradford (QB) Oklahoma: Last year's Heisman winner was nearly perfect against BYU completing 18-20 passes for 268 yards and 3 scores. Next: @ Virginia Tech

2. Colt McCoy (QB) Texas: McCoy had a yeoman-like day against Louisiana Monroe. The Senior went 21-40 for 237 yards and 2 TDs. Next: at Wyoming

3.Tim Tebow (QB) Florida: Tebow had what could be considered an "un" Heisman moment when he threw a game clinching INT in the waning moments of the West Virginia game. Can the 2007 Heisman winner rebound and carry his team to the title like last year? Next: vs. Troy

4. Javid Best (HB) California: The most dynamic back in the nation put in a solid day against Maryland, carrying the ball 24 times for 119 yards and a score. Next:vs. Eastern Washington

5. Daryll Clark (QB) Penn State: The dual threat senior was solid in a surprisingly tough game against the Zips. Clark had 287 total yards from scrimmage and a passing TD in the Nittany Lion's 10 pt win. Next: vs. Syracuse

2. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Great post 2Bits! I wonder if Bradford will have a Heisman performance against the Hokie defense?

3. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Great post! A game clinching INT is tough for Tebow, he's gotta rebound.

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Hmmm, so these are the "chosen ones"? Hopefully I can keep "Baby Jesus" Tebow in check when I play him, lol

5. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

1. Tim Tebow (QB) Florida: Tebow was a wrecking ball before going out with an injury against Tennessee. In Florida's trip to Commonwealth Stadium the senior had 2 TDs in the air and 2 on the ground. Next @ LSU (10/10)

2. Sam Bradford (QB) Oklahoma: Bradford has 8 TDs on the year and almost 1,000 yards passing and is completing just over 70% of his passes. The real test for last year's Heisman winner will come on October 17th against Texas in Dallas. Next @ Miami

3.Colt McCoy (QB) Texas: Colt "45" McCoy helped his Heisman candidacy along with 4 passing TDs in the Longhorn's win of Texas Tech. The stache-less McCoy also had 75 yards on the ground on 22 carries.

4. Jordan Shipley (WR) Texas: Colt's roommate already has 3 TDs through 3 games this year. Shipley is a long shot to win the Heisman for two reasons: 1) Colt McCoy is his quarterback, and 2) he is not returning kicks this year for Texas, only punts.

5. Evan Royster (RB) Penn State: The Nittany Lions looked poised to make another run at the Rose Bowl, or dare I say, National Title? Royster is a huge part of this quest for Penn State. So far this year the junior has 509 yards on the ground and 7 scores on the ground. Folks, we're not even in October yet!

6. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Week 6

1. Tim Tebow (QB) Florida: Tebow destroyed the Tigers in Death Valley. Superman had one of the best games of his career accounting for 5 total TDs and 0 INTs

2. Evan Royster (RB) Penn State: Royster was knocked out of the game against Miami, but the RS Junior has accounted for 12 total TDs on the season and averages over 160 yards per game on the ground. Can you say" "strike a pose?"

3. Jordan Shipley (WR) Texas: Shipley now has 8 receiving TDs on the year and is lighting the Big XII on fire. Can he keep up the pace? Is 20 TDs a reality?

4. Brandon Saine (RB) Ohio State: The consensus going into the year was that the Buckeyes would go as far as Terrelle Pryor took them. Not so fast my friend. Brandon Saine has become the centerpiece of OSU's offense. The Junior has 9 TDs and is averaging 150 yards per game on the ground.

5. Dorian Porch (SS) Virginia Tech: Is this the year for a defensive player to nab the Heisman? Porch is a serious playmaker in the secondary. He already has 6 INTs, 2 forced fumbles, and 2 TDs on the season. That is a career for most players.

7. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Dorian Porch is a beast but I don't think he has a shot to win the heisman since Tebow and Royster is just putting up them crazy numbers.

8. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

2010 Heisman Candidates

The season is right around the corner, so let's look at the top Heisman candidates for twenty ten:

1. Mark Ingram (RB) Alabama: The Junior may be the most complete back in the nation. Many compare him to the great Emmit Smith. The only question is: will Trent Richardson steal too many of his carries?

2. Blaine Gabbert (QB) Missouri: At 6'5 242 lbs and a rocket arm, Gabbert has all the tools to win the Heisman. Can his Tigers get past Texas?

3. Terrelle Pryor (QB) Ohio State: Speed, size, Pryor has the physical tools. Can coach Buckeye mold those tools into a national championship and a Heisman?

4. Jacory Harris (QB) Miami: Is this the year da "U" returns to the top of college football? Harris, a talented junior, can take them there.

5. Stephfon Green (RB) Penn State: Although he backed up Evan Royster last year, Green has the potential to rack up a ton of yards against a weak Big X schedule (apologies to tOSU and Michigan).

Others on the Heisman radar:

Greg McElroy (QB) Alabama
    John Brantley (QB) Florida
    Jeff Demps (HB) Florida
    Tate Forcier (QB) Michigan
    TJ Yates (QB) North Carolina
    Brandon Saine (HB) Ohio State
    Dion Lewis (HB) Pitt
    David Oku / Brice Brown (HB) Tennessee
    whoever plays QB for Texas
    Ryan Williams (HB) Virginia Tech
    Jock Sanders (WR) West Virginia

9. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Good list, but I would probably have VT HB Ryan Williams in the top 5, and remove PSU HB Greene. Can't put him on a the pre-season list since he hasn't played yet, but I'm looking for the JUCO SO QB you got to put up huge numbers, assuming he beats Brantley for the starting spot.

10. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

(y)(y)(y)

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Good list. Ingram is my personal favorite. My HB Oku will have the stats mainly because I have a run dominated offense but we'll see if he can get the W's to gain some recognition.

12. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Heisman Watch: Week 2

1. Mark Ingram (RB) Alabama: In a dog fight against Nebraska, Ingram carried the load for the Tide. He finished with 28 carries for 103 yards and caught 4 balls for 48 yards with 2 scores. So much for Trent Richardson. Next: @ Penn State.

2. Ryan Williams (RB) Virginia Tech: The sophomore was electric against the Trojans, averaging 8.3 yards per carry against a solid defense. Watch out ACC. Next: Oklahoma

3. Terrelle Pryor (QB) Ohio State: We'll see what the junior can do this week @ Miami.

4. John Brantley (QB) Florida: Brantley was efficient, although perhaps not Heisman-like against BC. Expect him to fall from this list unless he can put up bigger numbers in the passing game. Next: @ USF.

5. Stephfon Green (RB) Penn State: Can Green get it going this week in a battle of Heisman hopefuls at RB?

13. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Heisman Watch: Week 3

1. Dion Lewis (RB) Pitt: Lewis was sensational in the Panthers' win against Auburn. The sophomore combined for over 200 total yards and 3 TDs. Next: @Baylor

2. Brandon Saine (RB) Ohio State: Saine was average in the Buckeyes' opener, but he is coming off a 1900 yard season in which he scored over 20 TDs. Next: LSU

3. Jacory Harris (QB) Miami: Although it was in a losing effort, Jacory threw 7 Tds against the Buckeyes. Strike a pose? Next: FCS West

4. John Brantley (QB) Florida: Brantley led the Gators back from the bring and certainly had a Heisman moment on this 4th and 17 throw to Andre Debose to keep Florida alive. Next: @Tennessee.

5. Mark Ingram (RB) Alabama: The Junior put in a solid day's work against a tough Penn State D, but these kind of numbers will not win the Heisman for the talented back out of Flint, Michigan. Next: @South Carolina

14. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Heisman Watch: Week 4

1. Dion Lewis (RB) Pitt: Lewis continues to rack up numbers in both the run and the pass game. Right now he is the early season favorite. Next: at #23 Missouri

2. Ryan Williams (HB) Virginia Tech: Williams was featured heavily against Georgia Tech. He got the ball 36 times for 139 yards and 4 TDs. He also caught a TD. Next: #5 Ole Miss

3. Jacory Harris (QB) Miami: Harris was solid in Miami's win over an inferior opponent. Can Jacory continue to put up numbers against the ACC finest: Va Tech and North Carolina? Next: at Georgia Tech

4. John Brantley (QB) Florida: Brantley has rallied Florida to two 4th quarter comebacks this season. He was clutch against Tennessee, throwing for 404 yards and 4 TDs. Next: Kentucky

5. Brandon Saine (RB) Ohio State: Saine was overshadowed by Terrelle Pryor in the LSU game, who rushed for 4 TDs and 148 yards on 16 carries. Brandon might not be the only Buckeye with Heisman aspirations. Next: #16 Texas

15. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Sweet R.Williams is back up there! It's funny two sophmores are #1 and #2 in the heisman list.

16. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I know. Ever since Tebow that mythical sophomore barrier has been shattered. I think right now it is a 2 man race between Lewis and Williams. Brantley could find himself in the mix if Florida continues to win. Right now the CPU has Debose in the top 5, but I think his numbers will plateau with so many weapons in the offense (Thompson, Williams, Demps, Hernandez).

17. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Heisman Watch: Week 5

1. Dion Lewis (RB) Pitt: Lewis was sensational against the Tigers. The sophomore had over 200 total yards from scrimmage and 3 TDs. Can you say frontrunner? Next: Rutgers

2. Ryan Williams (HB) Virginia Tech: If Dion Lewis is the frontrunner, then Williams is right on his tail. Against the Rebels he himself had over 200 total yards from scrimmage and 4 TDs on the ground. Next: at Cincinnati

3. John Brantley (QB) Florida: Brantley put in another solid 3 TD performance against Kentucky. How will he stack up against another tough SEC opponent on the road next week? Next: at Alabama

18. BG

BG On The Rize!

Not so fast my friend, don't count out BJ Daniels and Mike Ford of USF just yet!!!

19. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

1. Terrelle Pryor (QB) Ohio State: Pryor has become the dual threat monster everyone thought he would be. So far the Junior has 22 total TDs, 10 of which have come on the ground. Next: at Florida State

2. Dion Lewis (HB) Pitt: Dion and his Panthers had a tough day against USF. Can he rebound and reclaim the top spot?

3. TJ Yates (QB) North Carolina: As the Tarheels climb the polls so does Yates' heisman candidacy. The senior has 17 TDs (5 fewer than last year) and only 1 INT. Next: Virginia.

20. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

My QB is still flying under the radar huh? That's cool, he'll win it next year. Even in defeat his numbers look great lol