Bits' NCAA Blog 2012

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mr2Bits, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

That's right, Croppers, the Blog is back for the 2012 edition. With the game arriving on my doorstep Friday, it's time to quench your thirst for college football analysis. That's right, we said Friday. Tell em, Scotty:

[​IMG]
    Big Poppa Pump is your hook up!​

The first blog of the new release will focus on Bits' predictions for this year's BCS party / bash / whatever the network is calling it this year:​

[​IMG]

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

I know, Preseason #1 vs. #2 has happened only once in a BCS title game ('05 Rose Bowl), but hear me out. Oklahoma has a virtual free ride through a diminished Big XII / X / WTF happened to our Roman Numeral? If the Sooners can scoot past FSU in the Doak early in the season, look for them to run the table and get in without a pesky championship game to trip them up. Oregon, on the other hand, will face a beefed-up Pac 12 in which Stanford and Utah will be tough to beat. We, being Big Poppa and I, considered putting the Cardinal in New Orleans, but with the departure of Jim Harbaugh, the edge goes to LaMichael James & Co. Of note here? The SEC's streak of six straight national titles will come to an end on January 11, 2012.
    Prediction: Oregon 27 Oklahoma 21

[​IMG]

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

The Seminoles will take back the ACC in Jimbo's second year on the job and earn the ACC's automatic bid to the Orange Bowl. USF takes home the Big East after losing 5 games and gets monster-cocked right in the pooper by Florida State.
    Prediction: FSU 42 USF 14

[​IMG]

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

Wisconsin will survive the Big Ten blood bath in year one of the new format and draw Pac 12 runner up Stanford in the Grand Daddy. Wisconsin will pound the rock, but this will be Andrew Luck's coronation as the number 1 pick in the 2012 NFL Draft.
    Prediction: Stanford 34 Wisconsin 21

[​IMG]

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

The Tide roll to another SEC title, but drop a game along the way to keep them out of the big game. We considered the fact that the Broncos could easily go undefeated and make the title game, but Big Poppa was like "yo, fuck those pussies." So, we put them in the Sugar Bowl where they will proceed to get rolled by a real football power (written with the tone of a true SEC football snob).
    Prediction: Alabama 31 Boise State 14

[​IMG]

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

Fans of these two schools will be treated to a rematch of last year's Cotton Bowl, but I'm afraid the results will not be much different. Expect the Tigers to have a monster season and drop 1 or 2 games and pick up the SEC's second BCS bid. A&M will get by Texas again and be a tempting pick for the corrupt-ass Fiesta Bowl selection committee. After the game Captain America will arrest them all and feed them to aging Nazis. Too weird? At least it wasn't Optimus Prime.
    Prediction: LSU 40 TAMU 21

• Like Like x 3
  2. jca312

jca312 Walk On

TCU is in the Mountain West for 1 more year. Maybe USF's year in the Big East?
    I think the Boise-TCU winner will get that at large bid though. MWC took care of their new baby, Boise, and switched the game from Fort Worth to the Blue Turf, gonna be tough for the Horned Frogs to win that one.
    Nice job as always Mr2Bits.

3. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Thanks for the correction, bud. For some reason, I thought TCU was moving over this year. David - are you planning on moving TCU over at the start? Just curious.

4. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I think he can move teams as the dynasty goes along, so he'd be able to move them Year 2.

5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

That's correct

6. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

:eek: NOoooooooooooooo!!! that mean i have to win the big east this year ..after you move them i'm going to catch hell

• Like Like x 1
  7. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Nice choice not putting Auburn in any of these games.
    After their opening week loss to Utah State things are going to be rough for them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Iron Mickey

yeah right

9. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

NIce job Bits. I think Missouri is a darkhorse in the Big 12. They lose Gabbert, but many have said Franklin is a better QB for our system (quicker, more experience in the spread ala Daniel, etc.). The Big 12 is going to be exciting this year. everybody plays everybody, nobody gets by on a weak schedule, like Kansas when they back-doored into the Sugar Bowl.

10. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

You're going to leave me playing them game one right?
    don't screw this up for me!

11. Iron Mickey

depends on how the user games work out

if you do play them, there is no way your shit squad should beat Auburn....lmfao

12. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

now the funny thing would be if Eyeke beats them and your Vandy team loses to Auburn

13. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

he plays me too i think. will be a double dip victory

14. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Pre-Season Heisman Watch

[​IMG]

Who will strike the pose like POTUS? Here is a quick look at Bits' top 5 Heisman contenders in 2011:

1. LaMichael James, RB, Oregon:​

[​IMG]
    James led the NCAA in rushing yards last season, and with Darren Thomas back at QB, the sky is the limitfor the quack attack. Look out for James in marquee games both early and late in the season. The Ducks open with LSU and then close with Stanford, USC, and Oregon State before a possible trip to the Pac 12 title game.

2. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford:

[​IMG]
    Luck's luck? Not much luck involved for opposing defenses. Andrew has all of the tools to be the face of an NFL franchise. 6'4, 235, and yes Peyton Manning, a laser-rocket arm. Believe me, we are into that. The big test for Luck will be leading his team past Pac 12 champ Oregon in early November.

3. Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State:

[​IMG]
    Many have compared the Boise State signal caller to Tom Brady coming out of college, but there is no way this guy could ever be Brady. Look at that mug! He is way too ugly. Anyway, Kellen does have some serious game and will most likely become the all time leader in wins at the QB position by seasons' end. The Broncos will have to make a run to the title game if Moore is to have a shot at the Heisman.

4. Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina:

[​IMG]
    The consensus #1 recruit from the 2009 class did not disappoint on the field in 2010. Only a sophomore, the word on the street is that Marcus has put on 15 pounds of straight beef this offseason. Look for the Ole Ball Coach to feed number 21 the rock early and often in '11.

5. Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma:

[​IMG]
    At the helm of perhaps the most talented team in the nation, Jones is going to put up big time numbers. If the approach Sam Bradford status, look for Jones to get an invite to NYC and have a legit shot at bringing home another Heisman for Boomer Sooner.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jca312

jca312 Walk On

That's one big ass picture of Kellen Moore, lol

16. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

I think that's bits man crush

17. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Don't sleep on Robert Turbin with my Aggies

18. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

they better have one hell of a season if he wants to get his name close to the list

19. Iron Mickey

lmfao....yeah right

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Holy fuck. Kellen Moore looks more fucktarded than Shanaynay.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  21. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

I refuse to take part in any Heisman conversation that doesn't include Trent Richardson.

22. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

spoken like a true Bama fan..don't worry little Mr. Richardson will have his chance to blow any Heisman talk when he goes against LSU

23. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Lol, I agree, Richardson is gonna have a monster year. He's been one of the most impressive backs in college football, but it seems like people didn't notice because of Ingram. He's really fun to watch when he has the ball in his hands.

24. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

LSU will have a great team BUT Richardson is a freak of nature. Besides LSU will struggle to score on Bama's D anyway, he might not have to do much.

25. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

i'm not saying he's not a beast..he will put up numbers..i just don't want them to be against us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.