Bits' NCAA Blog 2024

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mr2Bits, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

2024 NCAA Blog
    [​IMG]

Presented by Mr2Bits
    Now that coach Runthepound and Georgia have locked up the 2023 National Championship, we can look ahead to 2024. Here are Bits' burning questions for the new season:
    1. Can the Dawgs go back-to-back? Georgia is the most talented team in the country on both sides of the ball. The SEC will be tough to navigate, but coach Run has pulled in another top 5 class and has the horses to make a run (no pun intended) at another BCS crown.

2. Michigan ascent? Coach Bruce, win or lose against Notre Dame in Pasadena, has the Wolverines on the rise. With a bunch of young talent beginning to mature, this could be the team to watch out for in 2024.

3. Melee in the Big XII. Menage a trois, anyone? The Big XII will be a sloppy 3-way hate fest between OU, Texas, and Mizzou. Coach Ego's squad dominated the scene this year, but don't expect OU to go undefeated in the Big XII every year with all of the talent that Texas and Missouri are hoarding.

4. USC in the can? Coach Payton is coming off of a nightmare season in which USC choked away the Pac 10. Was it hangover from the Michigan speculation? This blogger foresees a return to the Rose Bowl for the men of Troy.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

My gut tells me that OU will dominate the Big 12 from here on out

USC is a disaster over there. No Pac-10 Titles in three straight seasons I believe

3. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

1. After winning the title late last night, I woke up in the middle of the night after having a dream (nightmare) that we advanced only to find that I had 3 players from this years team leaving early for the NFL and 7 (yes 7) players wanting to transfer. Hopefully I can keep some of the upper end talent around for another title run.

2. I think that Michigan and Bruce are definitely on the way back. After looking at that squad over the past few seasons, it may still be a little ways off from being a title contender, but the train is back on track and heading in the right direction....especially after the departure of Dean from Ohio State....R.I.P.

3. Menage a trois...??? Most def. A sausage party at that. All three of those guys are going to be duking it out for the next several years.....until Ego gets his players that he needs for the 4-2-5 (Fast Strong Safeties). Yes, this year he did well, but some of these guys were left overs from Tuco's time in Norman, so I think that the others in the Big 12 still have a year or 2 to compete before Ego takes off with it over there. Texas and JCA are my front runner for next year. Mizzou has some good players, but the depth just isnt there if one or two guys go down with an injury.

4. I think that Coach Payton has done enough to stay in Southern Cal after rebounding from a horrendous start. The Trojans need Coach Payton and Coach Payton needs the Trojans. Like Bits said, alot of this season had to do with the jet lag from trips to and from Ann Arbor during the offseason.

2024 should be another great season in the CoC

• Like Like x 2
  4. Iron Mickey

5. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Incorrect but inexcusable none-the-less.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Bits Blog is back!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Iron Mickey

helluva late season run though....too bad i saw none of it LIVE....which tells me Cheese Wheelin it big time

8. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Hardly. We all know my game plans sucks but no blatant cheese. I just didn't think there was much interest watching USC vs Sub .500 teams.

9. Iron Mickey

haha....just giving u a hard time

I would have watched a few and i know a few others too!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Breaking News: Georgia's top Juniors declare for April's draft

ESPN.com has learned that Georgia Juniors Jeff Arnold (HB), Joe Adams (DE), Nick Edwards (CB), and Michael Bennet (WR) will declare for the NFL draft. All four of these players are 1st team SEC and made the AP All-America team. UGA could be faced with a mass exodus, as coach Runthepound is scheduled to meet with other key Juniors on campus today, including FS Scott Hunter and HB Jimmer Stewart.

Stay tuned to ESPN, ESPN.com, and ESPN Radio for further updates.

@runthepound

• Like Like x 1
  11. Iron Mickey

12. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Heisman Watch: Week 1

[​IMG]

It is never too early to talk Heisman. This year's field is as wide open as ever, but there are some early season favorites to watch out for:

1. Craig Hampton, RB, Alabama: 21 TDs last year puts Hampton in the mix. He also plays for a national title contender and will certainly have opportunities for Heisman-type moments.

2. Rocky Manning, QB, Oregon: The Quack-Attack is back in 2024 with Manning at the helm. Last season was a disappointment, losing the Pac 10 title to Oregon State. If Manning can lead the Ducks to the Pac 10 title and put up numbers comparable to last season (33 TDs), we will see him in NYC.

3. John Bell, RB, Missouri: Although only a sophomore, Bell has emerged as one of the best backs in the nation. With the departure of coach Ego, only one thing stands in Mizzou's way: Texas. If Bell can come up big against the Longhorns, look for him to be in the Heisman conversation with the number of times coach Mizzourah will feed him the rock.

On the radar:
    Ricky Washington, QB, Alabama
    Kevin Whitehead, WR, Rutgers
    Richard Hanson, QB, Georgia
    Chris Bennett, QB, Troy
    Kenny Boyd, QB, Texas
    George Baker, HB, USC
    Dustin Franklin, QB, Notre Dame
    Skyler Whitlock, QB, Auburn

• Like Like x 2
  13. Iron Mickey

These are my dark-horses...

Great read Bits, I love this blog man.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Troy / Texas Preview:

The game of the week features two top programs in a week 1 struggle in Austin. Troy is looking to return to the BCS and Texas is looking to make a title run. Here are the keys to the game:

1. Chris Bennett: Troy will go as far as Bennett can carry them. He is an optimal dual-threat type of guy. If Bennett can churn-up yards on the ground, look for Troy to have a good day.

2. Trench Warfare: You might expect Texas to push Troy around on the inside with "the Brians" - McKeon and McConnell, but it will not be so easy. Troy's OL, led by Ralph Moore at Center, is arguably the most improved part of Troy's team under coach G-Unit.

3. Defending Texas in space: The Longhorns sport a trio of talented WRs in Green, Thomas, and Davis. If Troy cannot tackle them in space, the Horns could win this game going away.

15. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Damn, Bits...no FIU players on the radar? Harsh, man...

16. Iron Mickey

[​IMG]

You did your homework...this is very true. Big question mark is if my newbie young left tackle can hold up

17. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I'll nominate your starting backfield:

[​IMG]

18. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Scholar...

[​IMG]

19. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Has anyone ever seen a donkey laugh?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Iron Mickey

LMFAO!!!!!

21. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Instant Analysis: Florida 24 Texas 17

Why Florida won: The play of freshmen phenoms Desmond Ford and Jonathan Mitchell. While they did not fill up the stat sheet, Ford and Mitchell made big plays for Florida, put points on the scoreboard, and chewed clock in the 4th quarter with multiple big runs.

Why Texas lost: The big "MO." Florida seized it in the 3rd quarter when Franklin Adams returned an errant Kenny Boyd option pitch 40 yards to put the Gators up 21-7. Bevo & Co. were never able to recover from that score.

GG JCA.

22. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Great read, we have a ways to go. I really like this team, we are tough and scrappy...we still need some big time talent...

I think we will get there, but its going to take another season or two.

23. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Yeah...you have a lot of young talent, but if you keep beating Notre Dame you'll be there faster than you think! I'm curious to see how Kenneth Gardner is panning out. Did you redshirt him? He was my first :5stars: guy at Michigan.

24. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Helmet Stickers: Week 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]Anthony Stephens, QB, Michigan: The Junior went 13/26 for 309 yards and 1 TD, but perhaps most importantly, 0 INTs in Michigan's 28-24 win in South Bend.

[​IMG]Franklin Adams, MLB, Florida: While only recording 4 tackles on the day, Adams' scoop and score in the 3rd quarter was the momentum play the Gators needed to get by the Longhorns in Austin.

[​IMG]Jimmer Stewart, HB, Georgia: Jimmer and the Dawgs picked up right where they left off, crushing Fresno State 42-3. Jimmer had 181 yards of total yards from scrimmage and 1 TD on the ground.

25. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Hey guys...

Just wanted to point out the eye for talent I had while in CoC...

Stephens was coined the QB of the future at Michigan before we had to part ways.

So in short, I'm the best. :p

Thank you.

Still great to read the content you guys have going on here in CoC. Great work and keep it up.

• Like Like x 2