Bits' NCAA Blog 2025

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mr2Bits, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

The Blog is back in with 5 burning questions for '25:

1. Can Georgia 3-peat? Coach Runthepound has built a bonafide dynasty in Athens. One loss, two losses, it doesn't seem to matter. The only thing that will prevent UGA from another BCS title game is a loss to either Florida in the Cocktail Party or Alabama in the SECCG.

2. Will coach Tuco get over the hump? Notre Dame has once again risen to national power status. The Irish have traveled the country to assemble another talented squad. Is this the year coach Tuco can win the big game and capture the crystal?

3. USC ascent? Coach Payton brought the Trojans back from the brink with a Rose Bowl win a year ago. Is this the year USC returns to the BCS title game?

4. Year of the Longhorn? Texas finished strong with a Fiesta Bowl win after a dismal start. All of the pieces are in place for Bevo to make a run at the BCS title. We will find out soon enough; Texas travels to Troy week 1.

5. War Eagle on the move? Georgia and Alabama get most of the SEC hype, and rightfully so, but don't count out Auburn. The Tigers upset Georgia last year on the Plains and will travel Between the Hedges this season. Don't be surprised if Auburn is undefeated again going into the Iron Bowl.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Conference Preview: SEC

[​IMG]

Over the next week the Blog will breakdown the conference landscape and preview the major contenders in each. Since we all know the SEC is the dominant conference, let's start with the big boyz in the hood, right Dough Boy?

[​IMG]

Cube says other conferences better "check themselves."

[​IMG]We have to start with the head of the class, coach RTP's Geogria Bulldogs. Coming off of their 174,000,000th SEC title, the Dawgs once again have their sights set on the BCS title. I'm not sure who is playing quarterback at Geogria, but I can tell you that he is probably 99 overall and this will be his only year as a starter, because the guy behind him is a RS SO/JR who is a 91 overall. Anyway, UGA is more stacked than G-Unit's avatar. Prediction: 11-1 SEC Champs.

[​IMG] We really thought '24 was Bama's year. No more Ricky Washington, but a coterie of top talent will keep the Tide rolling in '25. It could, however, be a rough season with legendary coach Jfunk on assignment in Germany (a grateful blog, and nation, appreciates your service). How far can the swashbuckler Eyeke take the Tide? Will he even show up to the games sober? Prediction: 10-2, 2nd in SEC West.

[​IMG]Man, coach soxandgators has things rolling on the Plains. Last season the CoC rookie secured a win over UGA and battled Bama in the Iron Bowl. The Blog thinks this is the season of the Tiger in the SEC West. Look for War Eagle to earn victories over both UGA and Bama, but fall in the SECCG. Prediction: 12-1, SEC West Champs.

[​IMG]The Mighty Gators are back after making a trip to the Sugar Bowl last season. Desmond Ford and Jonathan Mitchell are growing up fast, but youth on defense will keep Florida a step behind Georgia in the East. Prediction: 10-2, 2nd in SEC East.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Thanks for the shoutout Bits and I like the blog format. Surprised you think I'll even go 10-2, I'm hoping to win at least 1 user game, that's really my goal. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

LMAO. Seriously, I looked at this in class. My students were like: "What's so funny?" Me: "Um...nothing..."

• Like Like x 1
  6. Iron Mickey

lmao....that's awesome

7. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

G

I am glad to see you are venturing out and trying some new .gifs.

That said....this is one of the funniest ones yet.

8. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

9. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Damn you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Under commit over deliver man. I come out talking trash and everyone turns their sights on me.

11. Iron Mickey

LMAO

12. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Conference Preview: Big XII

[​IMG]

Today the Blog is scoping out the top contenders in the Big XII:

[​IMG]Any preview of the Big XII has to start with the defending conference champs. Texas rose from the ashes of a disastrous 0-2 start last season to finish with a Fiesta Bowl win over Rutgers. This year coach JCA has a lot of his players in place to make a title run. Justin Parks is a physical specimen at 6'5 234; we might as well call him Tim Tebow. Coupled with Mike Thomas at WR, it could be a long year for Big XII defenses. Prediction: 10-2, Big XII Champs.

[​IMG] Coach Mizzourah has taken the Tigers to elite power status in the college football world. Damon Rivers is a true dual-threat at QB with some speedy targets in Charles Malone and Joe Gandy. But let's be real, this team will go as far as John Bell takes them. The JR All-American can't get healthy fast enough. Prediction: 10-2, Big XII North Champs.

[​IMG] Boomer Sooner is still hanging around in the top 10. OU is nasty on defense, but a lack of explosive playmakers at RB and WR will lead to struggles against the nation's elite teams. Prediction: 9-3, 2nd in Big XII South.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Instant Analysis: Alabama 31 Florida 10

Why Alabama won: The Crimson Tide finished in this game whereas the Gators did not. Alabama converted on 3rd down (6-8) and put together drives which resulted in TDs. The Tide also had 165 yards on the ground, most of which game on Lamar Matthews' 2nd quarter 80 yard TD run.

Why Florida lost: Turnovers, lack of offensive production, inability to force Bama to punt, take your pick. The Gators actually moved the ball well at times, but three Desmond Ford INTs forced Florida into an early 10-0 hole which grew to 24-3 at the half. Florida's young talent just wasn't ready from primetime at Bryant-Denny.

gg Funk.

14. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

You too Bits. I look forward to playing you more in the future. Big plays on defense made it look like a bigger victory than it was.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Iron Mickey

The blog is back!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Brutal, really needed a Florida upset here..