Bits' NCAA Blog

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mr2Bits, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Bits is bringing the blog to CoC, and the first installment is a preview of the game of the week, as #3 Florida travels to #5 Auburn. The Gators traditionally struggle on the planes. I know Florida fans can't forget these gems:

David Duval from the parking lot with 20 mph wind gusts...

[​IMG]

Don't cry Timmy, you were in the 8th grade dog.

Damn...not again. Are you kidding me?

For Florida, let's hope coach JCA's team fares better than Spurrier or Meyer's. Here are the keys to the game:

1. Anthony McBride: This kid is an MJD clone. 5'8 201 lbs and a whole lot of get up. He has 7 TDs already this year. Florida will need to establish him early and often.

2. Jarvis Sanders: A dual threat QB with all the tools. He will not be facing the strongest Florida Gator defense ever, so if he can connect with Nick Harper & Co. early, the Gators could be in trouble.

3. The home field: Florida is in trouble since this game is at Jordan-Hare. Whether it is holding penalties in the end zone or the inability to stop kicks with 20 mph winds, give Auburn +14 for being at home.

2. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Great stuff here Bits...I'm rolling with the Tigers in this one

3. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Thanks man. They are so evenly matched. It should be a good one.

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Awesome good Bits. This will be a great segment your bringing to the group man.

I will sticky it. Let me know if u need any assistance on an video/audio version man. I can put together a tutorial if need be for ya on youtube.

@Mr2Bits

5. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Yeah...we'll be looking to take that to the next level at some point.

6. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Great job Bits
    I'm curious to see how this one goes myself. Me and Ego have played twice, we split 2 competitive games. Should be fun.

• Like Like x 1
  7. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Awesome work, 'Bits. This one's going to be a battle. If anyone says differently, they're posturing.

The Tigers haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher to an SEC opponent in a long time. I don't think we can afford to break the streak tonight. McBride has to be shut down.

On offense, Jarvis is key. We plan to attack from everywhere, but he's the motion to the ocean. When Sanders is on, the Auburn offense is tough to stop. Can't afford any turnovers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

I am going Gators all the way on this one. It feel they are due for a huge win and this would be it.

9. egofailure

They are due, which is why I'm choosing them to beat-down Georgia this year. You're just concerned about a particular player's Auburn visit. ;-)

10. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

You better watch your mouth :mad:

Which player are you speaking of?

11. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Instant Analysis: Missouri 42 Michigan 17

Why Missouri won: Pound the rock, pound the rock, pound the rock. Mizzou ran all over the Maize and Blue. Missouri HB Robert Alexander carried the ball 19 times for 160 yards and 3 TDs.

Why Michigan lost: Michigan...kinda sucks. In all seriousness, Michigan played okay on offense, minus the 3 INTs, but you can't expect much less from a freshman quarterback.

12. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Breaking News: Missouri's Adams out up to 9 weeks.

ESPN.com is reporting that All-American QB Joe Adams will be sidelined for as many as 9 weeks with a strained back. Adams left Missouri's game against Michigan Saturday at the Big House in the 1st half. Loosing Adams puts a potential dent in Mizzou's Big XII and BCS title hopes, although they still beat the farck out of Michigan.

13. Iron Mickey

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. egofailure

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Week 4 Helmet Stickers:

1. Robert Alexander, HB (SR), Missouri: Alexander ran wild on Michigan to the tune of 19 carries for 160 yards and 3 TDs in the Tigers' 42-17 ass-pounding of Michigan in The Big House.

2. Marcus Bennett, WR (FR), Georgia: The freshman phenom had 3 catches for 112 yards and a score in UGA's 55-17 win at Tennessee.

3. Shane Thompson, WR (JR), TCU: Thompson pulled in 12 catches for 201 yards and 2 TDs in the Horned Frogs 30-14 win at home against Wyoming.

16. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Man, this is great content! Keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Iron Mickey

Ass pounding.....lmfao

Well at least you took out his Star QB

18. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Even with his star QB out you still wont be able to beat him...but i do hope that before the next version of NCAA comes out that OK State makes it to the NC Game

19. Iron Mickey

11 Years of CoC History says I will not beat them either.....

We shall see

20. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Bowl Projections: Week 6

Find out where Bits has your team bowling:

BCS Championship Game: Alabama vs. Missouri
    Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs. Penn State
    Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma State vs. Notre Dame
    Rose Bowl: Ohio State vs. Oregon
    Capital One Bowl: Auburn vs. Michigan
    Outback Bowl: Florida vs. Random ass Big Ten scrubs
    Liberty Bowl: USC vs. BYU
    Toilet Bowl: Stanford vs. FIU

*sorry Jam...lol!

21. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Lmfao I'll prove all you guys wrong

(As I type this I fumble it on the opening kickoff and Oregon recovers it..)

22. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Sizing up the SEC race:

[​IMG]

This week the blog will look at the title prospects of the four major contenders in the SEC.

1. Alabama: With multiple playmakers on both sides of the ball, what's not to like about the Crimson Tide. Bryce Jones and Corey Underwood are leading the way on offense, but don't forget about Darrell Stegall and his All-American friends on defense. The Tide have a tough November road to the SEC and BCS Titles; they host LSU, then go to Auburn for the Iron Bowl. After that they finish the season with games against OU and Michigan in Tuscaloosa.

2. Georgia: Coach runthepound's squad is poised to make a run to Atlanta and beyond. No quarterback is arguably playing better then UGA's Matthew Pruitt, who has 17 TDs and just 2 INTs this season. The road ahead for Georgia is not an easy one; the Dawgs still have to get by the Gators in Jacksonville and then #4 Auburn the week after Between the Hedges. If Georgia survives that, they get to travel to #2 Missouri a week before the SEC Championship Game.

3. Auburn: For War Eagle the equation is simple: Beat Georgia and Bama and you can most likely punch your ticket to Atlanta. It is possible for Auburn to lose to Georgia and still pack their bags for Centennial Park, but a win over the Crimson Tide is a must.

4. Florida: The Mighty Gators have fallen twice in conference this year, but not all hope is lost. Florida MUST beat Georgia in Jacksonville, and then hope for a UGA loss the next week against Auburn in order to make it to Atlanta.

23. egofailure

Nice breakdown, 'Bits. Weeks 9 and 12 can't get here soon enough for the Tigers.

24. Iron Mickey

LMFAO!!!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Breaking down the Big Ten race: The road to "The Game"

As we close in on "The Game," here is what Ohio State and Michigan are facing before their meeting in Ann Arbor in November.

Week 10: Ohio State at Minnesota: Could be a tricky match-up for the Buckeyes. The Gophs played Michigan tight, taking the game into the 4th quarter. A loss here would mean tOSU loses control of its own destiny in the Big Ten.

Michigan at Northwestern: One of the few cases this year in which Michigan will enter the game will a decided talent advantage. The Wolverines should cruise.

Week 11: Illinois at Ohio State: Illibuck! Whatever the hell that is! The fighting Zookers have a tendency to suck for most of the year and then sneak up on more talented teams like the Buckeyes.

[​IMG]

The Zooker will have his boyz fired up!

Week 12: Indiana at Michigan: Should be a cake walk for the Maize n' Blue. I think FIU could beat Indiana.