Archived Bits' SEC Blog 2012

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mr2Bits, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

What to expect in the SEC this season:

1. Florida will continue to struggle: Until coach 2Bits can find an answer at QB, the Gators are going to fight tooth and nail for wins. Look for South Carolina to win the East again.

2. Auburn ascent: Look for War Eagle to make a serious run at the SEC West this season. Although this blogger thinks that Auburn is a year away, the Tigers did beat LSU last season and will make some noise.

3. LSU will reign supreme: The Tigers are too talented on both sides of the ball not to 3-peat in the SEC. Bama and Auburn will provide resistance in the West, and both Florida and South Carolina can hang with LSU if they play lights out, but the Bayou Bengals are the class of the league.

2. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

I agree with all 3, but I for one still greatly fear Florida after what you did to me last year. With all the talent you have, I can't imagine it will take too long to adjust your offense to your team's strengths. Too bad I play you week 9...you'll probably have it all figured out by then:rolleyes:

3. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Games of the Year in the SEC:

This week your resident blogger will take a look at the top 5 difference making games in the SEC in 2011:

1. LSU @ Florida (9/29, 8:00 PM CBS): Funny the way things turn out. After Auburn beat LSU last year, the consensus was that the Gators would roll into Atlanta and take the SEC back - then the wheels came off for Florida. Although LSU has already lost once, the Bayou Bengals are not out of the national title hunt yet, unless they lose to Florida that is. The Swamp will be rockin!

2. South Carolina @ Florida (10/6, 6:00 PM ESPN2): This was the game that broke Florida's back last season and sent the Gators on their current 6 game losing streak. The winner of this game will represent the SEC Eastern Division in Atlanta.

3. LSU @ Auburn (10/13, 3:30 PM CBS): Can coach Lambeau make it two in a row against Auburn? The winner of this game will most likely represent the SEC Western Division in Atlanta. Last year's winner, however, was left out in the cold.

4. Alabama @ LSU (11/3, 3:30 PM CBS): I don't know why everyone wants to sleep on the Crimson Tide? With Alabama in the mix the SEC West could get really messy again this year. The winner of this game will stay alive in the race to Atlanta.

5. Auburn @ Alabama (11/10, 3:30 PM CBS): The Iron Bowl! Like last year, this game could determine the SEC West Champion. We'll also know by this time whether or not coach Lambeau has made his team a contender in the SEC, and whether coach 2Bits still has a job!

4. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

LSU just blew the doors off of South Carolina so I question their ability to compete in the East. That all depends on Florida figuring things out, but I have faith that that will happen.

5. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Instant Analysis: LSU @ Florida

Why Florida won: Trey Burton, Trey Burton, Trey Burton. We know he is a very shaky passer at best, but Burton beat the Tigers with his arm and well as his legs. He took the opening play 80 yards for a TD and led the Gators on a game winning drive by throwing a TD pass.

Why LSU lost: Turnovers. The Tigers had multiple fumbles, an interception at a key juncture of the game in the 4th quarter, and a blocked punt that resulted in a safety. Minus those turnovers, and LSU wins this football game.

6. Maximus21

Fuck, that is all I can say. I hope Burton gets food poisoning.

7. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

lol^^^^^^^^^^^

8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

how the HELLL did you block a punt....wtf? wow dude....

9. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

He had the ball on the 1 and I called punt block. I was surprised that it worked.

10. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

What we have learned in the SEC (Week 7)

1. Anything is possible: Florida looked dead, but has crawled out of a dismal 0-3 hole; LSU looked unbeatable, but has lost two games already; Vanderbilt is 4-0 and on top of the SEC East; and Auburn is the SEC's only remaining legitimate BCS title contender.

2. The West will be decided next week when LSU travels to Jordan-Hare Stadium for a 3:30 showdown with Auburn. Forget the Iron Bowl and the crazy senarios that played out last year: this game is for the SEC West.

3. Look for Tennessee to win the East. Florida will have to win its remaining SEC games and hope for Tennessee to lose twice, and with Georgia and Auburn on the schedule, that is not likely.

11. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Big Week in the SEC

Both Florida and LSU have a chance to clinch their divisions this week and set up a rematch in the SEC title game. With Tennessee's loss to Arkansas last week, all the Gators have to do is win on the road at an improved Vanderbilt on Saturday. LSU's road is tougher. The Tigers will have to beat #11 Alabama. If they do, however, LSU will effectively have a 2 game lead on Auburn with the Iron Bowl looming.

Coach 2Bits enjoys a 3-1 record against coach Maximus, but LSU's one win in the series was a 33-7 carpet bombing in the SEC Championship game 2 years ago.

12. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

SEC Bowl Projections

Here is where the SEC teams will go bowling, based on the current standings

1. LSU - Sugar Bowl
    2. Auburn - Capital One Bowl
    3. Alabama - Cotton Bowl
    4. Florida - Outback Bowl
    5. Arkansas - Gator Bowl
    6. Tennessee - Chick-fil-a Bowl
    7. Georgia - Music City Bowl
    8. Vanderbilt - The Who Gives a Crap Bowl

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Bits you have had one helluva turn around, 0-3 start to SEC East Champs... good work

14. Maximus21

Carpet bombing, lmao.

15. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Thanks man. Lost to Florida State, but the season will mean something with a win in Atlanta.

16. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

SEC Championship Game Preview

Although it is two weeks away, today's blog will feature some keys to the Florida / LSU rematch:

1. LSU's run game: Senior Michael Ford + Freshman speedster Justin Miller + arguably the best OL in the country = trouble for Florida. Unless the Gators can limit the Tigers' ground game, Florida is in for a long night.

2. Trey Burton: He has killed LSU twice in his career. Can he do it again? Burton will have to play great, or have a seat on the bench in favor of Shaun Hill. If Florida has to go to Hill, look for Florida to lose.

3. Mike Gillislee: If Florida is to move the ball, they must find themselves in manageable distance on 2nd down. That means a healthy dose of Mike Gillislee on 1st down.

4. Florida's receivers vs. LSU's secondary: Claiborne, Anderson, Loston, and Reid vs. Hines, Debose, Dunkley, and Robinson. I hope you have enough beers in the fridge.

Prediction: LSU 27 Florida 24

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Hard game to call but I think Florida continues their late season run: Florida 31 LSU 21

18. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Instant Analysis: SEC Championship Game: Florida 34 LSU 27

Why Florida won: Need we say it again? Trey Burton. LSU Killa lives to play the Bayou Bengals. Burton was 20-29 for 304 yards and 2 TDs. He was efficient when he needed to be, and he only threw 1 INT which led to LSU points (the 2nd INT resulted in a missed FG).

Why LSU lost: Early turnovers, again. Florida jumped out to an early 21-0 lead in the first quarter due to two Sharif Floyd forced fumbles which went for scores. Floyd was dominant on the interior; he an Jelani Jenkins caused problems for Adam Fitzpatrick all day.

This was a great game. Maximus made a nice comeback to cut the lead to 21-17 in the second quarter. I'm not going to lie, I spend about an hour scheming stuff up for this game. I wanted this one.

gg Maximus

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Nice Win Bits!

20. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

wow, nice win for Florida

21. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

I would say this is a classic?

It seems like most of Maximos user games are great games

22. Maximus21

Yea I'd call it a classic as well. Although at this rate every single game between LSU and Florida will be a classic (and loss for me).

23. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Seriously, the entire Instant Classic thread is mostly MaximusPrime games!

24. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Everytime I played you resulted in a loss for me... Even after being up by 3 TDs.

25. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Even up 21-0 in the first quarter, I knew the SEC Championship would come down to the 4th quarter. The only blowout in our 5 game series was Maximus' 33-7 dick punch in the 2010 SEC title game.