Bits' SEC Blog

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mr2Bits, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Bits' SEC Blog

With the SEC Championship game approaching, I wanted to do a quick end of the year review in the SEC.

Florida The Gators have enjoyed another great season under coach sdid. They have won the East again and if they can get past Alabama for a second time this season they will have an outside shot at the National Title.

Georgia The Dawgs have had a great season and will be headed to the Cotton Bowl to take on the Big XII Championship Game loser. Next season will come with one goal in mind: beat Florida in the Cocktail Party in Jacksonville.

Tennessee The Vols get bowl eligible this year with a late season push under coach Cimmy and will head to the Independence Bowl to take on BYU. What should we expect from Tennessee next season? A hefty dose of HB David Oku and hopefully a win over Florida, Georgia, or Alabama.

Alabama The Tide has rolled past LSU and into the SEC Championship again. Will this be the year that Bama gets by the Mighty Gators and vaults into the Sugar Bowl, or dare I say Allstate BCS championship game? Look for the Tide to be strong again in 2012 with Trent Richardson leading the way.

LSU The Bayou Bengals have had a great season under coach controllerabuser. After beating Florida early in the season and assuming the #1 ranking, LSU lost the momentum and Terrence Toliver the Heisman trophy after a costly fumble against the Tide. At this point Tiger Nation has to be furious that the media is not considering them a lock for an at large BCS berth.

Mississippi State There was a lot of energy in the stands to start this season as coach 2Bits took over the reins of a struggling Bulldog program. After losing 4 SEC games in a row, Mississippi State finished the season by winning 5 of its last 6 games. Coach 2 Bits is expecting a 9 win season next year. Look out SEC West!

2. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Nice recap, Mr. Bits.

One item - I still think that Toliver will most likely win the Heisman trophy even with the fumble. Chiles looked to have it locked for most of the season but injuries definitely hurt his chances.

3. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Could be. Toliver has had a great season and is certainly deserving. He and Jefferson torched my squad in the 4th quarter. Too bad we can't watch the drama unfold on TV.

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I know. Great job 2bits that was exactly what we needed.

5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Great work Bits, Yeah nobody is touching Toliver in the Heisman race!

6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

i think lsu is over rated and along with Toliver. Dold should be the Heisman :) lol

7. controllerabuser

That is the worst post you have made on TF. ;)

8. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

thank-u very much lol

9. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

SEC Super Seniors

With the NFL draft approaching, here is a look at ten of the best seniors in this year's SEC class:

1. Jeff Demps, HB Florida The speedster has been injured this season, but is a serious triple threat with his ability to run, catch, and return kicks.

2. Terrence Toliver, WR LSU Need we say more? Toliver has the razzle dazzle plays and the big game numbers to possibly land him the Heisman trophy. He is a lock for the top 5 in April's draft.

3. Trinton Sturdivant, LT Georgia This guy has the size and skills to protect Matt Stafford's blindside for the next decade. Look for the Lions to make him the #1 overall pick.

4. Ahmad Paige, WR Tennessee Breakaway speed and the ability to separate will make this kid special on Sundays. Although injuries cut his season short, look for Paige to be off the board by the end of day 1.

5. Pernell McPhee, DT Mississippi State 16 tackles for loss this season alone, McPhee is a beast on the inside. Most scouts have him going in the mid-second round.

6. Donta Hightower, MLB Alabama Hightower has been the foundation of Bama's 3-4 juggernaut for the past 3 seasons. At 6'4 255 he can clog the hole with the best of them (that's what she said). Top 5 lock for sure.

7. Mark Ingram, RB Alabama With bruising power and breakaway speed, Ingram could be the first of 7 Alabama players to be taken in the first round of this year's draft.

8. Josh Champman, DT Alabama Another player whose 2011 season was cut short by injuries. Nonetheless, NFL scouts are in love with the All-American's 307 lbs frame. Look for him to be the anchor of your NFL squad's 3-4 scheme in the near future.

9. Deonte Thompson, WR Florida Speed, speed, and more speed. 11 TDs this season put Thompson on the map and on the draft boards of every NFL squad. Look for him to go late in the first round to New England. Belichick loves those Florida boys.

10. Patrick Peterson, CB LSU Peterson could be the first CB off the board this year. He has a combination of speed and an ability to step up and play the run.

10. controllerabuser

I sense some bias thoughts coming out of an at heart Florida Gator.....lol

11. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Me, biased towards the Florida Gators? ...always :)

12. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I forgot to preference this with the disclaimer "in no particular order." Obviously Toliver is 1 on the ranked list.

13. controllerabuser

Just a little :D

14. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

WOW Brantley can't even get on the list over a broke down Demps . . . lol just messing with you that was a great idea to put out that list. Anyone want to take on the Big 12???

15. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

bits hit this up for the preseason you do a great job

16. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I'll hit it up after Jeopardy (it's a wife thing).

17. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

you could wait til you can see what people actually have when I advance tonight

18. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

that would be helpful. When is the adv?

19. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

umm idk gotta see where we at in a few here gotta watch access hollywood god forbid we dont find out who else Tiger was taming . . . why do women love drama?

20. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

2012 SEC Outlook

As we head into another great season in the SEC, here is Bits' season outlook.

Georgia: The Bulldogs come into this season with one goal in mind: beat Florida in Jacksonville and finally get to Atlanta. The Dawgs have the fire power to get it done too. Led by study CB Branden Smith and senior captain OLB Marcus Dowtin on defense and HB Carlton Thomas on offense, this blogger has one piece of advice for the SEC: get out the way cause the DAWGS are coming through! Prediction: 10-2 (SEC East Champs)

Florida: The Gators are coming off an SEC title season. Although they have unanswered questions at QB, Florida is still loaded with enough talent to bring Mr 2 Bits out of retirement every once in a while. Senior Brendan Beal leads a stacked defense and Florida's offensive line is good enough to part the Red Sea. Prediction: 9-3 (2nd in SEC East)

Tennessee: The Vols are looking to shake things up in the East this year. HB David Oku is an impact player and serious Doak Walker award candidate. They major question for Tennessee: can they make enough big plays to beat Florida or Georgia this year? Prediction: 9-3 (3rd in SEC East)

Alabama: By my count Alabama has 16 players who are legitimate 1st or 2nd round draft picks. To put it lightly, they are more loaded than Tim Tebow's tear ducts! With dominant players on both lines (the best in the country in the humble opinion of this blogger) and a Redshirt senior QB in Star Jackson, the Tide will roll to the SEC and National Championship games. Predictions: 11-1 (SEC Champions)

LSU: The Bayou Bengals are coming off of a stellar season under coach CA. I really wanted to pull the trigger on them this year, but Bama is just too loaded on both sides of the ball. Couple that with inexperience at the QB position and the loss of Heisman winner Terrance Toliver, LSU is looking at another trip to a BCS Bowl, just not THE BCS Bowl. Prediction 10-2 (2nd in SEC West)

Mississippi State: The Bulldogs enter the season coming off of their first bowl appearance in years. Miss St is loaded on offense, led by Miami transfer Laron Byrd. The major question for the Bulldogs is: can the defense make enough stops for them to stay with the big boys in the SEC? Last year this team played up or down to the level of its competition. Prediction: 8-4 (3rd in SEC West)

21. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

good work 2bits i won 2 in a row ry won the first sec championship

22. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Nice work again, 2Bits...I hope BAMA can live up to your expectations!

23. controllerabuser

BAMA, BAH!

Russell Shepard & Doug Castillo may be a better combo then Jefferson/Toliver were.

24. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

SEC's Impact Players (offense)

This week we will spotlight the Impact Players on offense in the best conference in the land.

David Oku (RB) Tennessee: The Junior carried 22 times for 211 yards and 4 scores against Louisville last week. As of now, he is first on the bloggers Heisman ballot.

Doug Castillo (WR) LSU The heir apparent to Terrence Toliver is picking up right where the former Heisman winner left off. In last week's win against West Virginia he went for 192 all purpose yards, including a kickoff return for a TD. His dual threat capability may land the Tigers their second Heisman winner in a row.

Trent Richardson (RB) Alabama: Mark Ingram's former backup is making a name for himself across the nation. Richardson has 6 rushing TDs through 2 games and is on pace to shatter the single season SEC record. Can he keep it up in conference play?

Laron Byrd (WR/HB) Mississippi State: Byrd plays what Florida fans will remember as the "Percy" position in coach 2Bits' offense. He has game changing speed and elusiveness, and made tough catch after tough catch against FSU - including the game winner.

Desmond Parks (TE) Florida: Parks has been a bright spot for the Gators' this year in what has been a disappointing start. The senior has 2 TD receptions through 2 games and is averaging over 18 yards a catch. He is a serious contender for the Mackey Award, given to the nations to TE.

Carlton Thomas (HB) Georgia: : Through 2 games this season Thomas is averaging 115 yards a game. Not only does he have the breakaway speed to bust the big run (his longest this year is 88 yards), but also the power to run through tackles. just over half of his yards this season have come after the 1st hit, impressive considering that he is 5'7" 177 lbs. Can the little guy keep it up in SEC play?

25. controllerabuser

Doug Castillo didn't have the game of his life but it may be enough to knock him down a few spots in the Heisman watch.