Black & Gold.com - Home Of The Who Dat Nation Year 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jan 29, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Black & Gold.com - Home Of The Who Dat Nation Year 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    STILL IN SHOCK, WHO DAT NATION AWAITS DRAFT -
    SAINTS MAKE SPLASH IN FREE AGENCY

New Orleans - Savage Mason Reporting

9-7 and out of the playoffs. That's how your 2009/10 Saints ended their season and it didnt sit well with GM/Coach Nate. 'We have to make some changes. We put up ok O numbers but a top grade defense. We have to make some moves and get this team going.'

Moves were just what they done last season brining in a totally new set of cbs, lbs, and safetys. It just wasnt enough though as the saints had a 5 game losing streak right in the middle of their run. Finishing strong is what the team done, but they needed to get younger and faster to compete.

Then come the Jags calling. They wanted brees and they wanted him bad. After weeks of rumors, bad deals, and talks; finally a 4 team deal was struck. The Who Dat Nation would never be the same.

SAINTS SEND:
    QB- Drew Brees 97ovr
    HB- B. Westbrook 93ovr
    DT- Ellis 88ovr

SAINTS RECEIVE:
    #1 Pick, 1st Round (Browns)
    #7 Pick, 1st Round (Lions)
    DT- John Henderson 86ovr (Jags)

Out is Brees, Westbrook, Ellis, and their 1st round pick (#18). In came Henderson and 2 high first round picks. With is the Saints are looking to draft franchise qb, and next great qb, Jake English.

English has all the tools, fast, big arm, accurate. Its the leadership ability that Coach Nate is taking a chance on.

Then came the last deal of the season for Coach Nate and his Saints. Desperatly searching for a running back and after missing out on McFadden of the Raiders, the Jets came calling and a deal was struck.

Saints send:
    LE C. Grant 75
    RT J. Stinchcomb 73

Saints recieve:
    RB L. Washington 81
    Jets 3rd round draft pick (pick #66)

With that the opening of the OMFL FA's was here. Saints were looking to bring back all of their key free agents, but the deal quickly got out of their price range for Edwards. Saints then turned their attention towards Lawrence of the Chiefs. Saints also brought in Witherspoon, Senn, and Haywood. All speedy, young up and comers.

Saints now go into the OMFL Draft looking to add a few qb's, a wr, some oline help, and possibly some db help.

'We feel really good right now. We are going to badly miss Brees and Edwards, but we are excited. The deal is almost complete with English, Lawrence will add a new dimension to our team, and I am super excited about our new additions on defense. I feel one of the OMFL's top defenses just got way better and we havent even done the draft yet.'

Don't be shocked to see the saints take a lb, possibly rb, or even ot with that #7 pick of the draft. If not the staff is very comfortable putting the ball in Moore and Washingtons hands all season long.

Saints gain:
    CB - Brian Witherspoon - FA
    HB - Leon Washington (Jets) - Trade
    TE - Martin Rucker - Resign
    RG - Dan Buenning - Resign
    DT- John Henderson (Jags) - Trade
    ROLB - Jordan Senn - FA
    RT - Brad Butler - FA
    DT - Kelly Gregg - FA
    WR - Quientin Lawrence - FA
    C - John Wade - Resign
    ROLB - Adam Hayward - FA

Saints lose:
    CB - Randel Gay - FA
    ROLB - A.Craig - FA
    LOLB - M.Sinclair - FA
    FS - D.Goldson - FA
    LT - Stinchcomb (Jets) - Trade
    DE - Grant (Jets) - Trade
    WR - Harper - FA
    DT - Anderson - FA
    ROLB - Dunbar - FA
    WR - Edwards - FA
    QB - Shockley - FA
    CB - Rolle - FA
    QB - Brees (Jags) - Trade
    RB - Westbrook (Lions) - Trade
    DT - Ellis (Browns) - Trade
    RT - Strief - FA

2. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

good luck man. one hell of a start to your offseason!

3. natedawg212000

ITS OFFICIAL - JACKS ARE WILD - ENGLISH CLOSES DEAL WITH SAINTS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    JACKS ARE WILD - DEAL DONE - ENGLISH A SAINT

As rumors swirled the New Orleans Saints made an official announcement that Jake English will officially be in a Saints uniform next season. The Stanford QB came into this years OMFL draft as the top slotted player. Saints, who owned pick #18, weren't really in the market for a qb with Drew Brees sitting in the drivers seat. Then came the deal that shook up the whole Saints offseason and landed them the #1 and #7 pick of the OMFL Draft. Now that the first pick is in, look for the Saints to be able to take best player available with #7, depending on how the draft plays out. One thing is for sure, this ain't your daddies Saints.

The deal is said to be worth 60 million total, 30 million in signing bonus. With that kind of 'jack' look for ole Jack to be thrown to the wolves come week 1.

Stay tuned here for more Saints Draft news while leading up to the OMFL draft, less than 48 hours away.

4. natedawg212000

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SAINTS DRAFT IS IN! TEAM ADDS SPEED AND PLAYMAKERS

Saints came into this draft with the #1 overall pick already signed and ready.

1.1 - QB J. English. 85 ov, 71 sp, 97 thp, 86 tha, 97 inj. Hes gonna be a Saints until 2011. Grade - A+

1.7 - HB J. Keller 81 ov, 99 sp, 70 str, 97 agi, 98 acc, 65 trk, 92 elu, 92 spm, 93 jkm, 70 car, 68 cat. another great pick up. I didn't know what to go with here, I took a chance that the T i wanted would be there in round 2, but he ended up getting picked 2 spots ahead of me. Grade - B

2.18 - WR M. Blansit 72 ov, 92 sp, 62 str, 93 agi, 95 acc, 85 awr, 96 elu, 86 spm, 98 juk, 77 cat. Big kid at 6'3". I had to rush this pick because i was busy and not ready. Decent wr that i think i can do things with. maybe not the best pick, but decent. Grade - C+

3.2 - DE R. Maeweather 64 ov, 85 sp, 65 str, 74 agi, 88 acc, 65 jmp, 70 tak. Another rushed pick. Again, maybe not the best pick, but the kids got burner speed and will add a new dimension to our defense. For the spot, not bad. Grade B-

3.18 - DT T. Dallas 64 ov, 65 sp, 94 str, 78 acc, 62 jmp, 78 tak. This was a strong spot on my team but I couldnt pass up this diamond in a rough. I feel this kid could be a starter on my team right away. He may turn out to be not so hot, but I love the guy. Grade - C +

4.18 - RT B. Sanders 69 ov, 60 sp, 84 str, 70 acc, pbk 82, rbk 74. I know what your thinking - a waste. I think though this kid could be something special. His overall pbk and rbk isn't anything to write home about, but he may start, or at least be a very good back up. I like it since I didnt get my main guy. Grade - C

Overall I think this was a great draft for my team. I got younger, faster, and I think better play makers. time will tell what is really good and not so good from this draft. A few rookie fa's could put this as a top OMFL Class. Overall Grade - B

5. natedawg212000

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SAINTS FALL IN OPENER - MORROW BRILLIANT

Cleveland, OH - Savage Mason Reporting

Season II of the OMFL season was finally here! Week 1 would not let down as the Saints (0-1) rolled into the Browns (1-0) stadium to have the #1 and #2 QB face off against each other. Both teams are totally revamped and have their eyes on the goal. Everyone is 0-0 starting today!

The game was back and forth as both teams were just getting their feet under them and figuring out their offenses. QB Morrow got off to a quick start hitting a wide open WR with a BULLET for a 70 yard TD. 7-0 Browns.

Saints battle back, but were unable to convert and had to settle for a 44 yard fg to make it 7-3 Browns.

Browns offense was just rolling today as the Saints defense was always just 1 inch away from making a great play. Browns drive the field again, but this time settle for a 28 yr fg to make it 10-3 Browns.

Saints try and battle back before getting this game out of hand. Rookie RB and #7 pick, Keller ended up taking a shot and being hurt for most of the 1st half. Keller had a very rough day, fumbling 3 times and getting hurt several times. Washington played great though in his back up roll and keep the Saints offense rolling. They didn't miss a beat and finally got English going. Saints would score on this drive with a 44 yr td pass from English to Henderson. Look for these two to hook up early and often this year. 10-10 tie.

2nd quarter would be all browns. They would cause several turnovers, one with a pick of English as he didnt give this wr enough time to clear the MLB. Browns would punch it in late to take a 17-10 lead into half time.

3rd quarter was more of the same. Great running from browns, and just enough defense to put this game away. English would be picked off another time after his two player would bump into one another causing the pass to go right to a SS for the pick. RB Mata would punch it in to make it 24 - 10 Browns.

4th quarter would watch the Saints fumble the ball away and not stop the run as Mata would break off a long td run to put the game away and the Browns defense would pick off English a 3rd time as he just tried to squeeze a pass in there that shouldn't have been.

Here is the scoring recap:
    First Quarter
    (CLE) M.Massaqoui 70 Yd pass from D.Morrow(P.Dawson kick), 7:06
    (NO) G.Hartley, 44 Yd FG, 4:52
    (CLE) P.Dawson, 28 Yd FG, 2:12
    (NO) D.Henderson 44 Yd pass from J.English(G.Hartley kick), 0:42

Second Quarter
    (CLE) J.Lewis, 1 Yd run(P.Dawson kick), 5:53

Third Quarter
    (CLE) L.Mata, 3 Yd run(P.Dawson kick), 3:54

Fourth Quarter
    (NO) D.Henderson 35 Yd pass from J.English(G.Hartley kick), 7:45
    (CLE) L.Mata, 44 Yd run(P.Dawson kick), 1:46

Here are some highlights from the game:
    (All Highlights Were Some How Erased)

Saints start off the season on the rough side of things. Keller was banged around, English looked great - at times, but his timing with his WRs was off. Look for the Saints defense to get back on track and for this Saints offense to get rolling next week as the (0-1) Cards come to the Superdome.

[​IMG]
    Player of the game:
    [​IMG]
    QB - Dan Morrow
    Morrow was sick nasty. He had a cannon arm and made some throws that just agitated the crap out of me. Some great touch, great arm, kids just good. 15 of 25 for 245 and a td. He will be a fun player to watch mature in Cleveland.

6. natedawg212000

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SAINTS BOUNCE BACK VS CARDS - KELLER HURT - ENGLISH SHINES

New Orleans, LA - Savage Mason Reporting

Week 2 was finally here and the road tested Saints were able to come to the wonderful Dome Sweet Dome. Saints (1-1) came home to face the Cards (0-2) after a tough road loss to the Browns last week. Saints, who were picked by some to win the NFC South, needed to bounce back and bounce back quickly. The Cards on the other hand were learning to live a life after Kurt Warner, and this test would not be easier than their first.

The game would start off with the Saints just running the ball down the Cards throat. Saints would punch it in about halfway through the first half as Keller was on fire today, recording his first 100 yard game, but also getting hurt in the act. 7-0 Saints.

English would find Henderson on a slant late in the 1st to make it 14-0 Saints.

Later in the 2nd English would find Henderson wide open on a 3rd down pass early in the 2nd quarter for a 58 yard td pass. Their 2nd connection of the season and another huge play from the Saints offense. 21-0 Saints.

Half way through the 2nd quarter English would hit a Streaking Keller on a wheel route for a long 43 yard td pass. Keller would make a move and simply run away from the Cards defense. 28-0 Saints.

Game looked to be over, but the Cards never gave up. Cards would battle back and Leinart would hit Hightower on a 14 yrd pass to make it 28-7 Saints.

English was looking to get one more score before taking their foot off the peddle, but he was hit and picked by the DE. Cards would score on a 1 yard run to make it 14-28 Saints and a whole new ball game.

2nd half would be mostly Saints as they would put this game away late. Cards began to drive but Leinart would be hit and Bailey would pick them off in the middle of the field and run straight up the middle for the td. 35-14 Saints.

Cards would put together a nice drive but have to settle for a 22 yr fg to make it 35-17 Saints.

Saints would make one last drive as time began to expire. English would make a sick throw in the back of the endzone to make a 6 yr td pass to Ingram. 42-17 Saints.

Saint would put the game away with a DT Henderson INT on a zone blitz. Saints defense played amazing today and English really showed why he was the number 1 pick.

First Quarter
    (NO) J.Keller, 1 Yd run(G.Hartley kick), 4:20
    (NO) D.Henderson 6 Yd pass from J.English(G.Hartley kick), 2:20

Second Quarter
    (NO) D.Henderson 58 Yd pass from J.English(G.Hartley kick), 7:06
    (NO) J.Keller 43 Yd pass from J.English(G.Hartley kick), 4:22
    (ARI) T.Hightower 14 Yd pass from M.Leinart(N.Rackers kick), 1:53
    (ARI) M.Cox, 1 Yd run(N.Rackers kick), 0:46

Third Quarter
    (NO) B.Bailey, returned interception 19 Yds(G.Hartley kick), 4:05
    (ARI) N.Rackers, 22 Yd FG, 0:58

Fourth Quarter
    (NO) C.Ingram 6 Yd pass from J.English(G.Hartley kick), 4:09

(All Highlights will be uploaded after superbowl)

Saints were finally able to show off their powerful offense. Even though it looked like they were going to run away with it early, the Cards battled back and the Saints were shown holes in what they do still. Protecting English is key and keeping Keller healthy is extremely important. Saints stay home to face the Ravens next week and a tough defense between two OMFL Board Members. Should be a great one.

[​IMG]
    Player of the game:
    [​IMG]
    RB - Joey Keller
    Keller was just sick nasty today! After a tough game last week, keller was out to either win, or lose this job this week. Joey ran off several long runs, all up the middle and caught several passes, all the while holding onto the ball. Keller did have a down side as late in the game he tore his librium and is out for next weeks game. This is the same problem the Saints had last year with Westbrook, but this year they are ready to have Washington step in and keep this offense rolling. Keller ended the ball game with 13 rushes and 113 yards and a td, and most importantly 0 fumbles.

7. natedawg212000

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SAINTS BATTLE RAVENS IN DOME - DEFENSE SHINES IN 2ND WIN

The fresh and new OMFL season is just trucking right along. Week 3 was here and with it, it bought in a fresh and fast Ravens team. Saints (1-1) were coming off a victory of the Cardinals, while the Ravens (1-1) were coming off an overtime victory vs the Jets. Both teams were looking to keep rolling, but only one would be left standing.

The story of this game would be Defense, Defense, and more Defense. The Ravens and Saints each have one of the better OMFL Defenses in the league. Baltimore swapped over to a 4/3 while the Saints swapped over to a 3/4. Both Defenses had speed at LB and DB.

The whole first quarter was both teams trying to feel each other out. The running game, at least early, was working, but the constant pressure in the face of English really knocked the Saints off their feet at the start of this game. On the other side Falcco was being confused by a stingy Saints defense. Both teams exchanged punts until the start of the 2nd quarter.

Ravens begin a drive but on a 3rd down SS Jones of the Saints stepped in front of a Falcco pass and picked it off. Saints were able to cash in with a 43 yard fg to make it 3-0 Saints.

Ravens would answer right back, after hitting some nice big passing gains, the Ravens settled for a 47 yard fg of their own to make it 3-3 tie.

Time would expire after the proceeding kickoff return.

In the 2nd half the Saints would look to get things going with their passing game to possibly open up some holes and get the Ravens defense to back pedal a little bit.

Ravens defense would be unstirred and unchanged as both defenses continued to hit and battle vs the QB's. Saints would finally take the lead with a 44 yard FG to make it 6-3 Saints.

This is when things would turn around for the Saints. Ravens DBs were starting to wear down and Falcco continued to put his team in a bad position. Saint defense would pick him off 4 times on the day with one of the final ones setting up a 15 yard bullet from English to Ingram to take a 13-3 lead. Ingram would begin to open up some holes for English with the Ravens leaving a LB on him or often blitzing and leaving a Saftey on him. Ingram, though unknown, is one of the fastest TEs in the league with great hands.

Ravens would make another drive that would stall out again with Scobee hitting a 48 yard fg to make it 13-6 Saints with time running out.

NO would get another turnover and this time English would hit Ingram on a 19 yard pass play with Ingram making some nice moves to get past the safety. 20-6 Saints and the game looked to be over.

Saints went into prevent defense, and it almost done just that - prevented them from winning. With no consistent pressure on Falcco, he finally began to hit wr's. Ravens capped off a nice drive with an unbelievable play to Nicks with 2 guys draped all over him for a 12 yard td. 13-20 Saints.

The onside kick would be recovered by NO and English would take the victory formation for the win.

Second Quarter
    (NO) G.Hartley, 43 Yd FG, 7:48
    (BAL) J.Scobee, 47 Yd FG, 0:03

Third Quarter
    (NO) G.Hartley, 44 Yd FG, 2:52
    (NO) C.Ingram 15 Yd pass from J.English(G.Hartley kick), 1:10

Fourth Quarter
    (BAL) J.Scobee, 48 Yd FG, 4:20
    (NO) C.Ingram 19 Yd pass from J.English(G.Hartley kick), 2:22
    (BAL) H.Nicks 12 Yd pass from J.Flacco(J.Scobee kick), 0:21

[youtube]2WstcIf9VCw[/youtube]
    SS Jones INT

[youtube]MMXQlRR0tJE[/youtube]
    MLB Guyton INT

[youtube]Kf-FS_6P4t8[/youtube]
    English to Ingram TD

[youtube]4IRcZBRFP7o[/youtube]
    English to Ingram TD #2

[youtube]xpXPxf6rd1A[/youtube]
    CB Porter INT

Saints pick up a huge win against a very fast and very stingy defense in the Ravens. Saints now move to 2-1 and are on top of the NFC South, which to date is extremely volatile right now. Next week the Saints will get back RB Keller who will add some much needed speed and play making ability to the Saints back field.

[​IMG]
    Player of the game:
    [​IMG]
    TE - Cornelius Ingram
    Ingram, a very unknown quality in the OMFL, was picked up last year from the Eagles. He has produced a pretty decent season last year from the TE position. Even though Henderson gets the looks and passes from English, Ingram can make a team pay for leaving a slow LB or all out blitzing English. Ingram hauled in 3 passes, 2 of which went for TDs. Look for Ingram to be a big play threat in the endzone all year long.

8. natedawg212000

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SAINTS BATTLE RAVENS IN DOME - DEFENSE SHINES IN 2ND WIN

The fresh and new OMFL season is just trucking right along. Week 3 was here and with it, it bought in a fresh and fast Ravens team. Saints (1-1) were coming off a victory of the Cardinals, while the Ravens (1-1) were coming off an overtime victory vs the Jets. Both teams were looking to keep rolling, but only one would be left standing.

The story of this game would be Defense, Defense, and more Defense. The Ravens and Saints each have one of the better OMFL Defenses in the league. Baltimore swapped over to a 4/3 while the Saints swapped over to a 3/4. Both Defenses had speed at LB and DB.

The whole first quarter was both teams trying to feel each other out. The running game, at least early, was working, but the constant pressure in the face of English really knocked the Saints off their feet at the start of this game. On the other side Falcco was being confused by a stingy Saints defense. Both teams exchanged punts until the start of the 2nd quarter.

Ravens begin a drive but on a 3rd down SS Jones of the Saints stepped in front of a Falcco pass and picked it off. Saints were able to cash in with a 43 yard fg to make it 3-0 Saints.

Ravens would answer right back, after hitting some nice big passing gains, the Ravens settled for a 47 yard fg of their own to make it 3-3 tie.

Time would expire after the proceeding kickoff return.

In the 2nd half the Saints would look to get things going with their passing game to possibly open up some holes and get the Ravens defense to back pedal a little bit.

Ravens defense would be unstirred and unchanged as both defenses continued to hit and battle vs the QB's. Saints would finally take the lead with a 44 yard FG to make it 6-3 Saints.

This is when things would turn around for the Saints. Ravens DBs were starting to wear down and Falcco continued to put his team in a bad position. Saint defense would pick him off 4 times on the day with one of the final ones setting up a 15 yard bullet from English to Ingram to take a 13-3 lead. Ingram would begin to open up some holes for English with the Ravens leaving a LB on him or often blitzing and leaving a Saftey on him. Ingram, though unknown, is one of the fastest TEs in the league with great hands.

Ravens would make another drive that would stall out again with Scobee hitting a 48 yard fg to make it 13-6 Saints with time running out.

NO would get another turnover and this time English would hit Ingram on a 19 yard pass play with Ingram making some nice moves to get past the safety. 20-6 Saints and the game looked to be over.

Saints went into prevent defense, and it almost done just that - prevented them from winning. With no consistent pressure on Falcco, he finally began to hit wr's. Ravens capped off a nice drive with an unbelievable play to Nicks with 2 guys draped all over him for a 12 yard td. 13-20 Saints.

The onside kick would be recovered by NO and English would take the victory formation for the win.

Second Quarter
    (NO) G.Hartley, 43 Yd FG, 7:48
    (BAL) J.Scobee, 47 Yd FG, 0:03

Third Quarter
    (NO) G.Hartley, 44 Yd FG, 2:52
    (NO) C.Ingram 15 Yd pass from J.English(G.Hartley kick), 1:10

Fourth Quarter
    (BAL) J.Scobee, 48 Yd FG, 4:20
    (NO) C.Ingram 19 Yd pass from J.English(G.Hartley kick), 2:22
    (BAL) H.Nicks 12 Yd pass from J.Flacco(J.Scobee kick), 0:21

[youtube]2WstcIf9VCw[/youtube]
    SS Jones INT

[youtube]MMXQlRR0tJE[/youtube]
    MLB Guyton INT

[youtube]Kf-FS_6P4t8[/youtube]
    English to Ingram TD

[youtube]4IRcZBRFP7o[/youtube]
    English to Ingram TD #2

[youtube]xpXPxf6rd1A[/youtube]
    CB Porter INT

Saints pick up a huge win against a very fast and very stingy defense in the Ravens. Saints now move to 2-1 and are on top of the NFC South, which to date is extremely volatile right now. Next week the Saints will get back RB Keller who will add some much needed speed and play making ability to the Saints back field.

[​IMG]
    Player of the game:
    [​IMG]
    TE - Cornelius Ingram
    Ingram, a very unknown quality in the OMFL, was picked up last year from the Eagles. He has produced a pretty decent season last year from the TE position. Even though Henderson gets the looks and passes from English, Ingram can make a team pay for leaving a slow LB or all out blitzing English. Ingram hauled in 3 passes, 2 of which went for TDs. Look for Ingram to be a big play threat in the endzone all year long.

9. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

Can you post videos from ps3? or do you need a computer?? i see sean jones paying off in video 1, and the #1 pick in the draft is enjoying ingram, then flipping westbrook to the colts, this was a great deal for both teams going foward, Great Videos nate

10. natedawg212000

Jones payed off great for me last year, was 2nd or 3rd in the OMFL in INTs. This year he's played ok. I've 'thought' about replacing him, but so far I havent LOL. Ingram is beast, just in my offense TE doesnt get a ton of looks. This game, because of the blitzes and zones by Ravens he was open for some big plays. I miss Westbrook, but he couldnt stay healthy. So I replaced him with a guy who is WORSE! Thank goodness I have Washington, who has really played great for me.

To make videos I save them and upload them on the PS3. Then I go to the ea franchise website and I use realplayer to download the videos. I then use a converter to convert them to MP4 and then upload the MP4's to youtube and then post them from youtube.

Sounds like a lot of work, but it's really not. Realplayer is free, and the realplayer format may upload directly to youtube, I just haven't tried.

11. natedawg212000

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SAINTS DEFENSE HELPS NEW ORLEANS JUMP OUT TO AN EARLY LEAD FOR 2ND STRAIGHT GAME

One week after a devastating loss in front of the home crowd, the New Orleans Saints came back looking to make the next team pay. The Bengals came in riding a hot hand as they were 3-0 and looking to add another W in the Win Column. Saints worked on their offense all week long and Coach Nate put them through a grueling practice schedule. "That lose was the worse lose of my career. I was embarrassed and so should they have been. It was pathetic to lose when up 31-3."

The problem for the Saints, and this week would be no different, is the Defense has played extremely well - at times. Almost to the point where its hurt them offensively and defensively. The defense has put up points and turnovers so fast and so often the past 2 weeks that defensively they would go into a prevent defense and offensively they would shut it down. "That will never happen again as long as I am the coach here. We will never embarrass any one, but we are going to play from whistle to whistle."

The first quarter Saints would get the ball first and get a nice drive going with Keller looking very good and strong today. Bengals would not quit though and sack English on a 3rd and short to force a punt. Both defenses played great to begin this game and the Saints too would force a punt after a sack and a few batted balls. The scoring would start on one of the better punt returns that you will ever see. Miller took the Bengals punt back 76 yards, bobbing and weaving in and out of traffic, along with some nice blocks, to start the scoring. 7-0 Saints.

Saints would get the ball back on the first of many fumbles from the Bengals. The bengals rbs weren't getting hit sticked, but were simply struggling holding onto the ball. English would find no one covering Keller who ran a wheel route for an easy 8 yard TD pass play. Keller almost stumbled and fell the play was so wide open. 14-0 Saints.

End of the first:
    First Quarter
    (NO) J.Miller, returned punt 76 Yds(G.Hartley kick), 5:20
    (NO) J.Keller 8 Yd pass from J.English(G.Hartley kick), 1:50

Early in the 2nd quarter and the Saints defense would strike again. Bengals had a very good drive going in the redzone of the Saints before Boss Bailey hit the Bengals RB Ware, causing a fumble which was scooped up by LB Barnes and bought back 83 yards for the Saints TD. 21-0 Saints.

After a few trade offs of punts the Saints would finally get to drive. English would make a perfect read and find 2nd round rookie WR Blansit for a 15 yard TD. Blansit has his best game as a pro. 5 catches 75 yards and a TD. He has proved his worth of a 2nd round draft pick and replaced a guy on the other side of the field this game in Edwards. Edwards was held to only 2 catches as after being the Saints 2nd leading WR last season, he decided to leave for the fat contract after turning down a huge contract from the Saints. Who got the better of that deal? Saints 28-0.

Halftime:
    Second Quarter
    (NO) A.Barnes, returned fumble 83 Yds(G.Hartley kick), 7:20
    (NO) M.Blansit 15 Yd pass from J.English(G.Hartley kick), 3:57

The Bengals would get the ball to start off the 2nd half, and Ward, who was benched after 2 fumbles, was back in the game. Bengals got something going with their slot wr and Ward. They would finally hit pay dirt with Ward from 1 yard out after a huge pass and catch that got them down to the 1. Saints 28 - Bengals 7.

Saints would get the ball and put it in Keller's hands to seal this game and run out the clock. As time was expiring in the 3rd quarter Keller would punch it in from 2 yards out to make it 35-7 Saints.

End of the 3rd:
    Third Quarter
    (CIN) D.Ward, 1 Yd run(S.Graham kick), 4:58
    (NO) J.Keller, 2 Yd run(G.Hartley kick), 0:41

The 4th quarter would see the Bengals score again, this time 18 yards from Palmer to Caldwell to end the scoring at 35-14 Saints. Saints, different from last week, would NOT let off the gas this time. 'We didn't run our normal offense, but we didn't shut it down like vs the Rams. We weren't going to let this one get away. The Bengals were 3-0, we couldn't afford to lose another bad game.' Saints would kneel the ball inside the 10 yard line and turn it over, but Barnes would pick Palmer off on the next play to wrap up the game for the Saints.

End of the Game:
    Fourth Quarter
    (CIN) A.Caldwell 18 Yd pass from C.Palmer(S.Graham kick), 6:14

First Quarter
    (NO) J.Miller, returned punt 76 Yds(G.Hartley kick), 5:20
    (NO) J.Keller 8 Yd pass from J.English(G.Hartley kick), 1:50

Second Quarter
    (NO) A.Barnes, returned fumble 83 Yds(G.Hartley kick), 7:20
    (NO) M.Blansit 15 Yd pass from J.English(G.Hartley kick), 3:57

Third Quarter
    (CIN) D.Ward, 1 Yd run(S.Graham kick), 4:58
    (NO) J.Keller, 2 Yd run(G.Hartley kick), 0:41

Fourth Quarter
    (CIN) A.Caldwell 18 Yd pass from C.Palmer(S.Graham kick), 6:14

[youtube]cVD93mnsBqg[/youtube]
    Miller Punt Return TD

[youtube]bVPzbzbfBFs[/youtube]
    English to Keller TD

[youtube]ZmJKpL4ZHaM[/youtube]
    Barnes FB Recovering Return TD

[youtube]Av1SWBGtFOE[/youtube]
    English to Blansit TD

[youtube]GQj7Wm1fygw[/youtube]
    Barnes INT

Saints pick up a big time win against a big time team in the Bengals. Saints bounce back, but have a long trip, up hill, to go to win in the NFC South. As for now, they simply stay in the hunt. Next week Saints have a bye week and will be looking to hit the practice field to stay warmed up for the up coming NFC South Divisional games.

[​IMG]
    Player of the game:
    [​IMG]
    NEW ORLEANS SAINTS DEFENSIVE UNIT
    Lead by LB Barnes (1 int, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 td) and LB Bailey (1 int, 1 forced fumble, 1 sack, 4 tackles) the Saints defense for the 2nd game in a row helped the Saints jump out to huge early leads. The Saints defense is one of the top units and have really helped the Saints compete in every game. Also noted was Rookie DE Meaweather who is in the top 5 of the OMFL in sacks, and for the 2nd straight game had 2 sacks.