BLACK & GOLD - HOME OF THE WHO DAT NATION YEAR 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Aug 28, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

BLACK & GOLD - HOME OF THE WHO DAT NATION YEAR 4

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SAINTS EXPLODE IN THIRD QUARTER - 33 PTS PUT AWAY BI-QUEENS
    New Orleans, LA- Savage Mason Reporting

After, what felt like, a season long off-season, the defending NFC South Champion New Orleans Saints faced off against the ageless one Brett Farve and his Minnesota Vikings. Both teams came into this Thursday Night, televised, OMFL opener with wide eyes as both teams are still learning the new game and the new feel to the 4th PS3 OMFL Season.

Both teams featured great offenses and defenses with questions marks, the real question was who was going to stop AP and this high powered Vikings offense.

Saints win the toss and elect to kick, which throughout the night would prove to be MUCH harder than in years past. With the game being televised, lag was a small issue on the Saints side. The lag caused just enough of an issue to miss 3 extra points and 2 fgs, not to mention several out of bounds kicks.

Vikings would get the ball and begin the start of the OMFL Season 4. Six plays into the drive though Brett Farve would be hit and fumble, which was promptly picked up by new OLB Jordan who takes it back 25 yards for the cake walk td. Farve would be on his back a ton today as the Saints D records 4 sacks. 7-0 Saints.

Vikings would get the bal back and quickly slap the Saints back to reality with a 6+ min, 80+ yard drive which was capped off by Rookie RB Gerhart 1 yard plunge on 3rd and goal. 7-7.

Both teams would trade turnovers in the 2nd quarter and both teams offenses ate up a ton of clock. The only score came by the Vikings kicker Longwell as he connected on a 29 yard fg, while on the other side of the field Hartley would miss several ex. pt. and fgs going 0-1 in fg and 4-6 in extra points. 10-7 Vikings.

The second half would be a totally different story as the Saints would get the ball and simply explode on the Vikings. Saints would score all the points in the 3rd quarter, totaling 33, and would use O and D to add to the score.

Saints first play from scrimmage in the second quarter would be a 70 yard scamper from Bush to put the Saints back on top, this time for good. 13-10 Saints.

Second drive of the day Brees would find new TE Harbor from the Eagles on a beautiful 49 yard pass and catch. Harbor would get a ton of yac after using a spin move to get around a defender and flat out speed to beat everyone to the endzone. Not bad for one of the two rookie TEs on this team. 19-10 Saints.

On the third drive of the second half Bush would punch it in from 6 yards away to increase the lead and begin to push this game out of reach. The one down side, scoring too quickly and leaving the Vikings a ton of time to come back. 26-10 Saints.

On the ensuing Vikings drive Farve would be picked by the legend killer for the 2nd time of the day, this time taking it back 56 yards for the pick six. Tracy Porter would have a monster day for the Saints. 33-10 Saints.

The Saints would end the 3rd quarter as Brees would find rookie TE Graham on a 52 yard pass and catch for six. Graham would finish the day with 3 catches for over 100 yards. All TEs in this game had huge days as the middle of the field seemed to be open all day for both teams. 40-10.

The forth quarter would see the Saints put it on cruise control while the Vikings would stage a come back. Farve would find Harvin from 12 yards out, behind Greer for a quick score to open up the 4th quarter. 40-18 after a 2 pt conversion - Saints.

Peterson would cap the scoring on the game with a 2 yard plunge to make it 40-25 your final. Onsides kick would be recovered by Saints and after a punt Brett Farve would be picked off for his 4th time on the day and Brees would use the Victory formation to end the game.

Stats on the game:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HIGHLIGHT VIDEO:
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/highlight-reel/23682931

VIDEO REPLAY FROM JUSTIN.TV
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/highlight-reel/23682931

Great way to open up the Season Tank. We both are feeling our teams out and learning this game, you will be back. Great way to open up the season. Straight, fun, hard fought game. Just like we like 'em! GL man.

[​IMG]
    Player of the game:
    [​IMG]
    RB REGGIE BUSH​

Bush would have 17 carries for 147 yards and 2 tds. Even though he wasn't needed in the passing game, look for Bush to be a force this year and drive opposing defenses crazy. If he can stay healthy and hold on to the ball, the sky is the limit for this Saints team.

2. natedawg212000

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SAINTS PICK UP WIN IN SIM - UNLUCKY WITH INJURIES
    San Francisco, CA- Savage Mason Reporting

Saints and 49ers would have a classic battle going into the middle of the 4th quarter with the Saints down but deep into 49ers territory, when a DC took place. Both owners couldn't meet back up and the game had to be simulated. I am just posting the results from the Sim.

I lost my starting RT in this game for the season. Sucks for both the injury and the sim, but life happens.

Stats on the game:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GL this season man. Sorry we couldn't meet back up.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Hey Nate, how do you get the stats from the Madden franchise website in here? I would love to know so I could do that with my articles.

4. natedawg212000

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SAINTS ROLL BIG OVER RIVAL FAILCLOWNS - INJURIES BEGIN TO MOUNT

Week 3 brought with it two old time OMFL rival teams, with yet another new face in control of the Atlanta Falcons. The falcons, who had started off smoking hot, are coming off a loss last week, while the Saints are coming off a sim win, which included the loss of their RT Stinchcomb for the season. This was going to be a battle for the NFC South, early in the season.

Saints win the toss and elect to receive today. Over the past two seasons the Saints have really prided themselves on a balanced offensive attack, and today would be no different as the Saints would use both the run and the pass to put up the first points of the game on a 5 yard run from Bush. 7-0 Saints.

Saints Defense came into this game with a major concern for stopping stud RB Turner of the Falcons. That concern would be realized early in this game as the Saints d had a difficult time tackling Turner all day long.

Saints force a punt and get back to scoring early in the 2nd quarter as Brees finds Henderson on a crossing route for a 61 yard td pass play. 14-0 Saints.

Falcons would not be denied on the back of Turner though. The very next drive was Turner, Turner, and more Turner. Turner would take it in from 14 yards out as he ran over plenty of Saints players on the play. 14-7 Saints.

Brees wouldn't be done scoring before the half though. Brees would drop back and find a wide open Henderson, this time from 41 yards out, for the td. 21-7 Saints.

Second half of the game would be more big plays from both teams, except this time it included the Saints Defense.

Saints would get a fumble recovery soon after the ATL drive started. ATL defense would step up though and force the Saints for a 36 yard fg, which Hartley finally MADE! 24-7 Saints.

Less than 2 mins later though Falcons QB Ryan would be picked off by your OMFL leader in INTS - Greer for the pick 6 from 37 yards out on a 3rd and long. 30-7 Saints after a missed XP.

Falcons would battle back though as Ryan would throw a nice pass which White would out jump the Saints D to catch and run in from 44 yards out to get the Falcons back in the game. 30-14 Saints.

Next drive though Brees would push in the dagger as he would hit Meachem on a 56 yard pass and catch td play. 37-14 Saints.

The fourth quarter would see Hartley hit a 50 yard fg and the Falcons QB Ryan hit Finneran from 16 yards out to end the scoring on the day - 40-21 Saints.

Stats on the game:​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HIGHLIGHT VIDEO:
    *I forgot to upload the saved highlights - no highlights this week

Great game man. I hope you are able to stick it out with the Falcons because it would be nice to get some rivalries going here. Fun, straight, sim game. I look forward to meeting down in the ATL next time.

[​IMG]
    Player of the game:
    [​IMG]
    QB DREW BREES​

Brees would go 10/14 with 3 tds and 350+ yards. Brees had a great ability to find the open man and get behind the Failclowns defense today. If Brees can play like this the sky is the limit for the Saints, but the question is can he keep up this pace and stay healthy behind a Saints Oline which is beginning to fall apart?

5. natedawg212000

Win - I use a program that takes photos of what I 'select'. I then upload to photobucket and post here. You can probably find a easy program online that is free that will take screen shots or selected areas that you select.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Cool, I'll do some digging then so I can put that kind of stuff in my articles. Makes it look more professional. :)

7. natedawg212000

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SAINTS DOMINATE PANTHERS TO KEEP UNDEFEATED SEASON ALIVE

OMFL Week 4 came a calling and the Saints found themselves in the Superdome with their good friend Claven and his Panthers across the field. Panthers brought with them one of the top running back duos in the league today, while the Saints brought with it one of the top offenses in the game and a defense who was coming into their own. Panthers need a win to show they belong with the big dogs and the Saints need a win to secure an early lead in the NFC South.

Saints would win the toss and elect to kick.

Panthers would take it right down the field with some great passing plays to throw off the Saints. Saints defense would tighten up and hold the Panthers to a 53 yard fg. Panthers 3-0.

Saints would get the ball and take less than a minute to score on a 64 yard td pass to Henderson. Henderson would take a drag route and simple out run everyone on defense. After a great double move he would get in to take the lead. 7-3 Saints.

Saints would take a drive after the start of the 2nd quarter and being to drive it down the field using Bush to get some nice runs in towards their only healthy side of the oline. Saints would cap off the drive on a 3rd and goal when Brees hit Henderson, who made a one handed grab on a inside crossing route. 14-3 Saints.

After another forced punt the Saints would find themselves with a 3rd and short. Brees would try and hit a quick out to their 2nd te, but Panthers LB Davis would step in front and take it to the house for a pick 6. This would be one of Brees only mistakes on the day, but it was a big one. 14-10 Saints.

Saints would get the ball back with just over 2 mins before the half and would look to score before the half. After a nice run on a delay the Saints would have a 3rd and 8 from the 25 yard line when Brees would see no one covering Bush who had sat down on a out route. Bush would take the pass and run it in for the td. 21-10 Saints.

Saints would get the ball after half time and on the first play from scrimmage, Bush would take it on the left side and break it loose. 30 seconds after the start of half Bush would hit pay dirt from 67 yards. 28-10 Saints.

Panthers would not give up and they would begin to go after Porter with WR Smith. Smith would haul in a 87 yard pass over Porter and the SS for the td. 28-17 Saints.

Saints would be forced to punt and the Panthers would begin their come back. After being stopped on a 3rd and short the Panthers would punt to RB Brown of the Saints. Brown would take it in on the 5 yard line and after two cuts would break it for a 95 yard punt return td, this would be the play of the game since the Panthers were coming back strong. 35-17 Saints.

Bush would take a run straight up the middle for a 18 yard td to start the 4th quarter and help the Saints back off the gas. 42-17 Saints.

Panthers hand no quit in them today though. Clausen would hit Smith on a 43 yard td pass to tighten the game once again. 42-24 Saints.

Saints were trying to just eat up clock when Brees finds Henderson on a quick slant for a 76 yard td. Problem was there was no one around him and it was an easy score. I'll admit, I struggled with weather or not to take it in. Either way I defiantly wasn't trying to rub it in and run up the score. 49-24 Saints.

Saints would put in all 2nd and 3rd stringers to finish out the game.

Marshall of the Panthers would pick off back up Saints QB Painter for a pick 6 to end the scoring on the day. 49-31 Saint.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HIGHLIGHT VIDEO:
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/highlight-reel/35493350

JUSTIN.TV REPLAY - PANTHERS EDITION
    http://www.justin.tv/omfl/b/269833705?utm_campaign=post_live&utm_source=share&utm_medium=url

Great game CLAVEN! It's always fun to play my good friend with the Panthers. I look forward to meeting up with you down in Carolinaland.

[​IMG]
    Player of the game:
    [​IMG]
    RB REGGIE BUSH​

Bush would go 19 for 139 and 2 tds, and added 2 catches for 60 yards and a td. Bush really dominated today. He broke two long runs and really helped the Saints keep a balanced attack today. Bush has done a great job avoiding injury so far this season and the Saints came out of this game pretty injury free. If Bush keeps this up the Saints have a good season ahead of them.

8. natedawg212000

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SAINTS BEAT UP ON STEELERS ON SCOREBOARD - STEELERS BEAT UP ON SAINTS ON INJURIES

It's been 2 weeks since the last NO Saints victory in the superdome. A victory which seen 5 starters go to the injury list for several weeks. After struggling to find any qb off the street who could come in and win, struggling to keep a defense together who was decimated by injury, and a oline who is missing their whole right side, the Saints badly needed a victory before all hope was loss. On a bright side the Saints were getting back veteran FS D. Sharper, problem is that wouldn't last for long as the Saints injury list continues to pile up like dollars bills at the strip club.

Pitt would win the toss and elect to kick. Saints were anxious to get both of their new offensive and defensive schemes to work, trying to find a winning combination until a few starters could work their way back into the line up.

Painter, who has struggled big time to replace the great D. Brees, struggled early. Making a very bad decision to throw a crossing route into double coverage, the Steeler defense promptly picks it off.

Saints new defensive 3/4 scheme would get things back in order as they would hold the Steelers to a fg try of 44 yards, which K Reed would knock through. 3-0 Steelers.

On their very first play after the kick, Bush would bust through the line and take it 78 yards for the Saints TD. Saints know if they are going to survive, its going to be on the legs of Bush. 7-3 Saints.

Saints would get the ball back later in the quarter and start a drive off a turnover. Bush would punch it in from 3 yards out on a 3rd down as he just willed himself into the endzone. 14-3 Saints.

4 plays later, CB/FS Jenkins would pick off Big Ben for a 39 yard pick six. Saints defense would do a good job early with shutting down the Steelers, but Big Ben wouldn't be denied late in the game. 21-3 Saints.

Saints would get the ball back off of a fumble recovery and the Saints would begin a very nice drive as Painter really got his feet under him this game using a new PB to spread the ball around and not have as many drag routes (sorry, Saints PB has a ton and people were crying cheese over them). Painter would find Bush just sitting in the flat all by his self. Bush would take it in from 14 yards out for a huge Saints lead. 28-3 Saints.

Steelers would get a nice drive going on a few nice passes from Big Ben. They would have to settle for a 28 yard fg from Reed though. 28-6 Saints.

Saints would lose a fumble deep in their territory. This would happen both in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Once from Painter and once from Bush. Steelers would take advantage of the first one as Ben hits Randle El on a 89 yard td pass over 3 defenders. Saints defenders didn't play great this game on the long passes and Randle made them pay. 28-13 Saints.

Saints would start the 3rd quarter out with a Painter to Graham 30 yard td pass to make it 35-13 Saints and they would begin to take their foot off the gas - never a good thing.

Bush would end the Saints scoring late in the 3rd quarter with a 2 yard run to make it 42-13 Saints.

After the next series the Saints would lose both their back up MLB (starter in their new 3/4) and Sharper with broken collar bones, which will sideline them for 5 weeks each.

Saints would jerk out all starters from O and D and finish the game with back ups for the end of the 3rd and whole 4th quarters.

Steelers would score two more times on a 2 yard run and a 76 yard pass to make the final score 42-27 Saints.

[​IMG]

Good game Jethro. I like how you never gave up. I think in the end, even though I picked up the W, you got the win with all my injuries. A very hard hitting game. GL the rest of the way.

[​IMG]
    Player of the game:
    [​IMG]
    RB REGGIE BUSH​

Bush would end the game, through 3 quarters, with 144 yards and 3 tds on the ground, and he would throw in another 2 catches for a td through the air. Bush is the only Saints starter who can really carry this team without Brees. Let's hope he can stay healthy.

9. natedawg212000

Saints lose again. Now 1-7 in the last 8 games. 4 more injuries, most long term. Team is shot, year is shot, game is shot. That's about all I got right now. :rolleyes:

10. Big D

Big D Walk On

Which guys were seriously injured this time?

11. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Damn Nate you lost Deverly and Brown. Those were your go to's outside of Bush.

12. natedawg212000

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SAINTS BEARLY BEAT RAMS 17-14 - SEASON ON LIFE SUPPORT

A long time. That's what it's been since the last Saints win. 1-7 in their last 8 games. Injuries and a flawed game has made the Saints season a mess. In come the mighty rams and Bruce, all ready to put a foot on the Saints neck and end their misery.

Saints get the ball and start off right by quickly throwing a pick on an out route. Rams quickly turn that into points as Bradford finds Johnson for a 7 yard td pass.

Both teams actually just quit after that for the first half. Both teams traded punts and turnovers back and forth, neither were able to do much.

2nd half would see more of the same, ugly offense and great defense. Saints would finally get on the board with a 32 yard screen pass to Bush. Saints used a few screens today to keep the blitzes off a little bit. Bush seems to be the only weapon that the Saints have left to ride out for the rest of the season.

Harley would make the score 10-7 with less than 2 mins to go in the 3rd quarter with a 19 yard fg.

Saints would take the lead 17-7 with a 6 yard Bush td run. Bush had a decent day, but honestly neither O did much today.

Rams would battle back and score on a 16 yard td pass to Gilyard from Bradford. Bradford is a player and will be a nice cornerstone for the Rams for years to come.

Stats on the game:
    [​IMG]

Good game Bruce. Not sure what your message was, but I hope all is cool. GL in the playoffs.

[​IMG]
    Player of the game:
    [​IMG]
    SAINTS DEFENSE​

Saints held a very good rams team to 14 points. Finally got a few players back healthy and got some pressure on Bradford. Not much else to be excited about for the Saints this year.

13. natedawg212000

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SAINTS HANG ON TO BEAT RAVENS 45-38 - SHARPER ANOTHER INT AS HE RETURNS TO HEALTH
    After a come from behind victory last week, the Saints were able to keep their season on life support and keep things alive for a possible Brees come back in week 17 and a small run to the playoffs. None of that matters with another loss though and this was going to be a huge game for NO. Injuries have eaten the Saints season alive. Ravens were looking to make a statement at home and the crowd was behind them on this cold Sunday morning. Perfect football weather.
    Saints get the ball first as the Raven elect to kick. 2nd play of the game Bush would get smacked, fumbled, and it would promptly be recovered by Ravens SS for the fumble return td.
    Very first play from scrimmage after the kick off, Bush takes it 75 yards on a sweep to tie the game at 7 each.
    Saints force a Ravens punt and get back into the action again. This time Painter finds Meachem on a 78 yard td pass and catch. 14-7 Saints.
    After a interception, Bush takes it up the middle on a 52 yard td run, right up the gut. 21-7 Saints, quick.
    Ravens would tack on a fg with a little over 4 mins to go in the 2nd quarter to make it 10-21 Saints.
    Saints wouldn't let off by adding two quick scores and an interception quickly, only 10 seconds apart. First would come off a 1 yard Bush run, then an int, and the Painter would hit Moore on a 13 yard td pass to make it 35-10 Saints.
    Ravens never quit. The whole game, they just never stopped coming. Ravens would add a td late in the 2nd quarter with just 30 seconds left before halftime to make it 17-35 Saints.
    Painter would promptly throw in int right before half - his trademark.
    2nd half was crazy. Saints would begin to let off the gas, replace starters, and the Ravens would just come roaring back. Back enough to force NO to put back in their starters for the last drive.
    Ravens would get the ball first and begin a beautiful drive that would cap off on a 19 yard, amazing pass over the cb to stallworth for the td. 24-35 Saints.
    Saints would answer and then back off, with a 50 yard pass and catch td to Graham to make it 24-42 Saints.
    Saints would cap off their scoring with a 46 yard fg to put them up 21 with less than 6 mins to go in the game. All offensive starters were taken out and cruise control was placed on defense to try and avoid injuries.
    Ravens were quitting though - props for that.
    Ravens would tack on 2 tds to make it a 7 point game with less than 2 mins to go. Saints would put starters back in, pick up 2 first downs and then call it a day.
    Stats on the game:
    (will update once LC is updated)
    Good game Web. Always fun to play a nice clean game. GL rest of the way.
    [​IMG]
    Player of the game:
    [​IMG]
    RB REGGIE BUSH
    Bush went sick nasty on the Ravens defense. Things should begin to get better for him with the arrival of OG Evans next week. Evans was ready to go this week, but to avoid another injury saints rolled with what they had, and it was working so there was no need to stop it. Reggie has avoided injury, had just a few fumbles, and has played great. Hes nasty catching the ball , but Coach Nate has avoided throwing him the ball at almost all cost to avoid cheese crying. Its been a good year for Reggie. Let's hope he can stay healthy in the future.

14. natedawg212000

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SAINTS COME BACK TO BEAT FALCONS - CONTROL OWN DESTINY AT 9-6
    Atlanta, GA - Savage Mason Reporting

[​IMG]

Saints finally have another winning streak going this year as Painter begins to settle down and this offense begins to learn how to play with a QB who can make only a few throws. 'It's been frustrating at times, but Painter is a young guy and he's working hard each week. We miss Drew but we, as a team, are starting to believe in Painter' - Reggie Bush. Saints traveled to ATL this week to take on the Falcons, who were also fighting for their playoff lives. The winning team stays in contention, the losing team heads home for the winter.

Saints get the ball first as the Falcons elect to kick. Saints come out with a nice beginning of the drive as Nate fed the falcons with some Bush, Bush, and even more Bush. 'What the offense needs is more Bush!'. I digress. Painter stepped back to throw on a 1st down and promptly makes a great throw which is some how picked off by a CB who should have been named Neon Deion. Falcons would take the ball and be held to a 18 yard fg as the Saints defense would stiffen. 3-0 Saints.

NO would get another drive going, except Painter would fall prey to the Falcons DB's once again, this time on a stupid decision on a crossing route where the DB ran the route before the WR did. Falcons would get this ball to the goalline where the Saints defense would hold them out of the endzone once again. Falcons would tack on another 18 yard fg to make it 6-0 Falcons. A major win for the Saints D.

The 2nd quarter would see Painter finally get his head out of his donkey. Painter would hit little known 2nd te Harbor for a 32 catch and rumble for the TD of 32 yards. Saints love their two TE's on this team. Young, fast, can block and great hands. 7-6 Saints.

With the Saints defense really stepping up and dominating, Coach Nate began to dial up some blitzes to try and get a turnover or two back. This backfired as FS Sharper was out of the game with an injury and back up FS Jenkins was totally out of place, this allowed for a long 32 yard td pass to a wide open White. 13-7 Falcons.

After another INT by the Falcons D, who was forcing turnover after turnover (3 today), the Falcons punched it in with a 44 yard FG from Bryant to make the score 16-7 Falcons. Things were not looking well for the Saints up to this point.

Saints would get the ball with less than 2 mins to go and begin a nice drive. Painter began to feel it, Bush was running well, and a brand new WR in Bryant Johnson was making play after play. Saints would cap the drive off with a 58 yard pass and catch to Johnson for the td to make it 16-14 right before half. Johnson would have a monster game, his first in a Saints uni.

The 2nd half would watch an epic battle come down to the last few drives of the game. Saints would begin the scoring on a 51 yard fg by Hartley to take the first lead of the day 17-16.

Saints D would keep trying to cause the Falcons to make mistakes in the air and was also doing a great job with keeping their ground game grounded. OLB Jordan would step in front of a Ryan pass and take it 36 yard for the defensive TD. 24-16 Saints.

Falcons wouldn't be done by a long shot though. Falcons would get the ball at the start of the 4th quarter and begin to attack this hurting Saints defense. Ryan would go deep into double coverage for a 72 yard lob pass to White. White was a monster today hauling in over 200 yards which included this long TD pass. 2 point conversion failed. 22-24 Saints.

After a few forced punts the Falcons get the ball and begin a drive to take the lead late in the game. With just over 3 mins to go, Ryan would take the lead with a 1 yard td plunge. 29-24 Falcons.

Painter would have to go to the air if the Saints were going to win this one and keep their playoff lives, well, alive.

Painter would dink and dunk, bush would even get in the act with a few nice runs. On a crucial 2nd and long inside the redzone Painter would go back to pass, Falcons would rush 4 but would take a Dline and float in a zone. Painter would see the opening and dash for a quick 11 yards and a big 1st down. On a 1st and goal inside the 5, Painter would hit Harbor again for his 2nd td of the day and the lead to end the game. 2 point conversion was good to give the saints a 3 point lead 32-29.

Falcons would drive the ball past the 50, but the hail marys weren't there this time, Saints force a TO on down.

Stats on the game:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Great game Bizzy, just a classic saints/falcons battle in the NFC South. GL the rest of the way.

[​IMG]
    Player of the game:
    [​IMG]
    WR BRYANT JOHNSON

7 catches for a 142 yard and a td. Thats Johnsons stats after ONE game in a Saints uni. Johnson was picked up off of waivers this week after Saints wrs were simply not making any plays after Henderson went down. Saints needed a play maker and Johnson was recently cut from the Lions. The former 1st round selection of the Cards quickly made it happen today, using his big frame, steady hands, and decent speed to make the Falcons pay. Johnson will play a huge role with Henderson being done for the year. Johnson, Meachem, and Moore will now have Brees back at the helm tossing the pig skin around.

15. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Nice. Glad that Bryant is making plays for you. Liked him here, just was looking to get younger. Kudos to him and hope Johnson does well the rest of the year.

16. natedawg212000

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BREES COMES BACK - SAINTS SLAUGHTER BUCS IN PLAYOFF WARM UP
    New Orleans, LA - Savage Mason Reporting

[​IMG]

In week 5 Drew Brees took a shot in the middle of a throw, he crumbled to the ground and out came the cart. As the cart drove out, so seemed the Saints season. Painter came in and was able to win 4 of 10 games, 2 back to back in weeks 15 and 16 to give the Saints a shot with a win this week verses the Bucs.

Drew and the Saints get the ball first. Brees didn't take but 15 seconds to get on the board as Brees runs it in from 3 yards out after a long throw to Meachem. 7-0 Saints.

Bucs come right back and kick a 23 yard fg to make the score 7-3. Saints defense has been doing a great job with holding teams to fgs instead of tds as of late.

Bucs would play some great defense and get some fumbles. This drive would be capped off with a 6 yard pass from Freeman to Williams for the td. 10-7 Bucs.

Two plays later Brees would hit Meachem on a 60 yard td throw, a throw that we haven't been able to make since week 5, for a long td pitch and catch. 14-10 Saints.

Freeman would come right back after that long score and get a long score of his own as Bradley gets behind Saints defense for a 30 yard td pitch and catch. 14-17 Bucs. The battle had just began.

Two plays later Brees would hit TE Graham on a 73 yard td pass as Graham showed his great speed and out runs Bucs D for the td. This would be the first of 21 points in the 2nd quarter. 21-17 Saints.

Barth would add a 43 yard fg to bring the score to 21-20 Saints.

Less than a minute after the fg, Brees would hit Moore for a 63 yard td pass. It was the day of the big play as brees was simply tossing the ball all around the place. 28-20 Saints.

With less than 2 mins to go in the half, Brees would go to work. This time finding Graham again for the 8 yard td pass to make it 35-20 Saints, right before half.

3rd quarter would see more big plays from both teams. Bucs would get the ball first but after a nice drive, Freeman would be hit and it would be picked by DE Smith, who would return it 22 yard for the td. 42-20 Saints.

The Bucs wouldn't stop coming though. Barth would add another 25 yard fg as the bend, but dont break Saints D held them out again. 42-23 Saints.

Saints and Hartley would add a 23 yarder of their own in the 3rd quarter to make it 45-23 Saints.

Bucs would come right back and Freeman would hit Benn on a 87 yard pitch and catch td. 45-29 Saints.

4th quarter would see the Saints tack on a 50 yarder, pull brees, bush and other starters, watch the bucs add a 1 yard dive from Williams, see Saints back up rb hit a 66 yarder would would be purposly downed on the 1 and 4 qb kneels, and then watch as 3rd string qb Canfield hit Johnson on a 44 yard td pass.

Stats on the game:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Great game Gabbo. I hope your family pulls through these tough times. Thanks for playing it early. See ya next year.

[​IMG]
    Player of the game:
    [​IMG]
    QB DREW BREES
    Drew's first game back watched him carve up the Bucs defense, just like old days. 12/16 for 355 yards, 4 tds and an INT. Not bad after missing 10 weeks of the season. Drew looked like his old self and so did the Saints offense who put up 55 points even after kneeling the ball on the 1 yard like 4 straight times. Let's hope he can keep it up because the Saints defense is hurting.

17. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Man, guys....play some pass defense....lol