Black Head Coaches

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by JQwon13, Nov 27, 2012.

1. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Anybody else see the Colorado coach get fired and say that he won't get a 2nd chance because he's black? Yeah, it's definitely cuz he's black...has nothing to do with his 4-21 record and running that program into the ground... Colorado used to be a good program, but they were embarrassing this season.

2. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I enjoyed that. Though I can see his side as he inherited a program that was terrible and was only given two seasons.

3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I agree that they were on the decline, but they were embarrassing this year. I also think he should have gotten more time to rebuild but to say that he won't get a 2nd chance because he's black is just stupid.

4. nikpin

Did Martin Luther King Jr get a 2nd chance?

5. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Well no... But that's cuz he's dead. Jesus is the only one that got a second chance at life... Possibly Tim Tebow, but we'll see...

6. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

He'll get a 2nd chance...to be an offensive line coach. That's how this shit works.

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

It is pretty accurate, I'll have to dig back through my tweets to find the tidbit.

8. DirtycashDylan

since Dan Hawkins is up for so many jobs...

Fired, disgraced coaches tend to stay fired or go back into assistant coaching.

9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I think Noles was joking... I don't think he's that retarded.

10. DirtycashDylan

You obviously don't know Noles.

11. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

That Colorado team might have been the worst college team I've seen in person. Fresno State led them 35-0 after the first quarter, 48-0 halfway through the 2nd. Won 69-14. Also that press conference could not have gone any worse with Embree literally crying and the AD getting seriously pissed about the race card and almost mocking what Embree tried to claim as success.

12. KnightNoles

"Interesting stat - 1 out of 41 black head coaches since 1979 have been given a second chance - meaning they were let go by 1 school and picked up by another."

While I hope that Embree, obviously a man with character and integrity would have another chance at being a head coach, he knows his prospects are slim. Embree spoke about black coaches very rarely get a second chance.

“You know that going into it,” he said. “Tyrone (Willingham) did. I don’t know if there’s ever been another (black coach) fired who has gotten another opportunity at the college level. But every minority coach knows that going into it. Eventually, that will change.”

13. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

The fact that he's black is not why he won't be a head coach again... The fact that he went 4-21 and ran a program into the ground is more likely. But sure, you keep beating that "blame whitey" drum...

14. KnightNoles

He should have NEVER been hired in the first place.

15. nikpin

So your saying black coaches don't deserve to coach?

• Like Like x 2
  16. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Racist Noles is racist.

17. KnightNoles

Ohhhh you fellas

He was not prepared to take the head coaching position and resume backed it up. The AD should be out of his job also. Now ex-Kentucky HC Joker was ready and a plan was in place. I don't think Kentucky should have dubbed him HCIW but he was around the program, knew it and where it was suppose to go.

Joker will probably find another coordinator or WR job, I could see him back being a HC in the MAC or SunBelt though.

:rolleyes:

18. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I just wanted to see what it would be like to be The Natural ... just for a minute!