Blitz Exploit Question

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by cyhiphopp, Aug 27, 2012.

1. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

This came up in another thread so I thought I would aska specific question here.

Can someone explain the shake blitz exploit?
    I have a guy in my OD whole freshman MLB with 70 something overall rating has like 40 sacks this season and is first in the Heisman race. He has rocketed Kansas (of all teams) to #1 because the CPU can't pass on him and ends up with -100 rushing yards every game.

What would you guys do in this scenario? Unfortunately this guy is personal friends with the commish so I am thinking he won't crack down on him. I think it's BS though.

I asked him about it and he said he just overloads one side and gets through. That's fine for a few sacks a game but he was getting 14 sacks a game.

2. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Sounds like you need a new league lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Yeah we set up a league through our college fan site. I was hoping since we were all fans of the same team that there would a little better following of the honor system.

This guy is kind of a jerk too.

Anyone know how the exploit works and what the AI is doing wrong? If I can explain it fully to the whole league maybe we can crack down on him.

4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Honestly I might want to join a different league in the future.

Most of the guys in this league are not sim players. They are bombing it deep a ton and raping the AI. 4 of the top 5 passing QBs are league members. I have good passing stats too, but my RB is also second in rush yards so I am spreading it around.

5. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I think I know how he is getting the sack figures but sharing it here would potentially encourage its usage, even on a limited basis. PM me for what I've uncovered with certain formations/plays. I started playing more with a LB, rather then a DL, and found it almost too easy to get through the line certain situations.

But that league doesn't even sound enjoyable.

6. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Makes sense.

I'm a noob. How do you PM on this site?

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    The more out in the open you are, the more our commissioner team can identify these exploits and help police them. Feel free to post them publicly.

A traditional shake blitz is a tactic used by tools and relies on the LBs being in motion at the snap. It doesn't matter what direction they are moving, if they are moving at all at the snap then they will instantly accelerate to top speed.

8. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

3-3-5 Prowl. Shift overload (both LB and DL) to one side. Take MLB and come in between tackle and guard behind two guys set up on the line to the shifted side. If you time it right it looks unstoppable. I got cheesed to death online when the game was first released by it.

Edit: Maybe it's 1-5-5 Prowl

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I stopped reading at 3-3-5 prowl, lol. The 1-5-5 and 3-5-5 alignments are total crap and cause all kinds of blocking AI issues.

You can do some really, really wacky things out of those defenses. Which is why most leagues don't allow their use.

The 4-2-5 isn't much better...

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    And that is the reason we have banned them from season three of 1st & 10. Far too easy to exploit the CPU AI blocking since the lineman don't take different blocking paths for the faster DBs on the field.

11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Supposedly the shake blitz exploit was fixed (I don't know if this is true) but it sounds like the guy found some other nanoblitz that works. As for the actual shake blitz, I've heard about it for quite a while but never actually saw it in action (since I avoid the types of games where tools would actually try shit like that) until someone on OS posted this vid.

It's pretty disgusting (and I just love how the doofus making the video thinks this is perfectly fine as if he's giving tips on something normal like running a HB counter play or something as he's showing us his "defensive scheme").....

• Like Like x 1
  12. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

There must be something wrong with my defence then because I use it and I still don't get sacks, least not those numbers. Infact the 3-3-5 is the only thing that I've able to stop the CPU out routes with, the cover 3 is G .... Not an exploiter so all this shift this grab that sounds like a road trip in a Geo... This is a game of inches not AI

13. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Watching this video brought a tear to my eye. Damn I'm glad I found TSO.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Is the 3-3-5 an issue this year? I haven't played against it but I know there is one guy in AM who is using it, but we haven't had any complaints about it.

15. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I don't 3-3-5 by itself is an issue if you use it in a sim fashion. There are just more opportunities to exploit the AI.

If the guy in my OD were at least discrete about it and spread the sacks around to all his LB rather than just his one MLB it might not be so obvious. I might even believe he is just that good with the stick. But when you have a true freshman MLB getting 14 sacks or so a game and leading the Heisman race, it's a bit ridiculous.

16. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I was hoping one of the updates would solve the exploit but I'm not thinking it has. I will check this guys stats from his last few games and see if he's toned it down at least. Hopefully someone can knock him out of #1 so he doesn't cheeze himself a national champtionship.

17. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

A TEAM getting 14 sacks per game is beyond ridiculous (and I can't believe that you're even questioning the validity of this guy's stats) so even if he spread it evenly amongst his other players it'd still be bullshit.

TAMU led the nation in sacks in 2011 and they averaged less than 4 sacks per game.....

sacks.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  18. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Yeah, it would have just been harder for me to figure out that he was gaming the system. It kind of jumps out at you when the same guy is defensive player of the week with upmteen sacks each game. And that his opposition ended up with -80 rush yards a game (at least).

19. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Masler

We need to reevaluate this in the E.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:

I feel like the 1-5-5 and 3-3-5 are such a mess that less than 2% of this site could use them and stay sim. You would have to essentially drop almost all adjustment / blitz combinations.

21. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Wyrmreaver - you've been using the 3-3-5 in AM....I'd like your thoughts based on the above.

22. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Honestly only use if for the zone coverage ...... happy to be in the 2%

23. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

That video is sickening.

24. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Well, I never run the 1-5-5. It exists in the 3-3-5 and 3-4 books as a nickel set but I avoid it.

I run a lot of 3-3-5 stack, across, and okie formations and also a lot of 2-4-5 nickel.

I admittedly blitz alot, I blitz as if I have 14 guys on defense ;) Probably send 5+ players 67% of the time and 6-7 around 33%

I have found if I blitz 6 I usually get pressure but have either a) huge gaps in the zone, or b) single coverage with no help. So, you often get burned, especially since the CPU is smart enough to keep the HB in to block against the blitz pretty much every down, so if he has a little time he'll eat you up. What I sometimes do is call a man blitz 6 and then user control whoever is supposed to cover the HB. If the HB blocks I crash and have 7 vs 6 so someone (usually an LB) gets through, they will still beat you and get the ball off quite a bit and if it's a screen in this situation it is often a TD for them.

The thing is, I ran the 3-4 in season 1 in AM and had a lot of sacks. I switched to the 3-3-5 and had lots of sacks again. I dont do the shake thing but I do take risks, especially at the edge of FG range to try and push them back and force a punt.

I haven't ever had 40 sacks in a season with one guy, but I have had at least 2 LBs with 10+ for two years straight (one in 3-4, one in 3-3-5)

We switched to all american and it is worse now, I have one guy sitting at 10.5 sacks 4 games in. To be fair though, at least 3 or 4 of those he was the spy and came up when the QB scrambled.

All of this is to say that, in my opinion, none of the base defenses are cheesy, but if you are trying to cheat you're gonna do it regardless. And, from my POV, rushing 6 or 7 isn't cheese, it's just trying to rush one more guy than the CPU can block and it's a huge risk, the thing I've seen that is cheap is when guys rush 4 or 5 but overload them all on one side so that even though you have more than enough guys blocking someone comes free without the "penalty" to your coverage. In any case, running an overload a couple times a game is fine, just like almost anything, it's when people are doing just one thing all game long that it becomes a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

The 1-5-5 is still very glitchy, but in the 2nd season of a couple of my leagues I switched to 3-3-5 since it fits my personnel better. I rarely blitz so whatever issue the linemen have probably isn't getting exploited. In one user vs user game I only had 1 sack and that was on 32 pass attempts by him. In a user vs cpu game vs a really crappy team I only had 6 sacks, 3 of them user with the DE/LB. In another user vs user I had 6 sacks. I was Miami(A) and he was Indiana(B). I was also up 17-0 fairly early so he was basically just passing the whole game and I think that led to many of the sacks, and I had a couple user DE sacks.