Blitz rule re-wording

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by wajomatik, Aug 18, 2010.

1. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Blitz rule re-wording

This is something I have thought about for a while but keep forgetting to post it cause its not a real big deal. With the differences between 3-4 and 4-3 defenses the way the rule is worded it allows a 4-3 defense to rush more people than a 3-4.
    "You may blitz 1 lb or 1 or 2 cb's or 1 safety as much as you like but keep it sim".

In a 4-3 defense you generally are rushing 4 defensive linemen and say 1LB which would be 5 players. In a 3-4 you only have 3 defensive linemen rushing and 1LB which would be 4 players. Maybe we should re-word the rule by the number of players you have rushing.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I dont remember when or even why we added a number to how many players can be sent on a blitz.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

The only rule that I remember that should actually be there is you must always have 3 guys rushing the passer at all times. That should be our rule. No rule about how many you can blitz.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

We did add this rule to take out all out blitzes. I am fine with removing it.

5. Jeremy

I agree in taking this out the rule book. If they want to bring the house, let em bring it!!!

6. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I agree, as long as people mix up their play calling this should be a non issue.

7. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Jeremy would you please announce this and I will fix rule book later in the week.

8. Jeremy

roger doger, Nate.