Blocking Punts

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by MurkYa21, May 1, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Blocking Punts

We've all probably blocked a punt or two when the other team was trying to punt out of their endzone, and I have also figured out how to block FGs from time to time...

but has anyone blocked a punt in the open field?

Yesterday I was playing a ranked game. I selected the PR Safe (not Punt Block Safe), and one of my dudes shot through and got a hand on it.

My dude and two of his raced towards the ball, I picked it up, broke a tackle and scored a 50 yard TD return!

Reminded me a little of REAL football.

thoughts?

also, should've saved the video, but he conceded defeat.

2. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

I have never even got close. I wish I could have seen the one you blocked.

3. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

[YOUTUBE]fjIO0dTUT-Q[/YOUTUBE]

I've pulled it off a few times. I control the far left guy on the line (punt block formation). Don't move him from his normal position. The other team will audible into a different punt formation, and you can block it if they only have the 1 blocker to your side. You almost need to leave early, but if you can get the timing down on when they'll snap it, just go for it and it is entirely possible. I have sworn I left early on a couple of them though, but no flags were thrown.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    What is really hilarious about that clip is the ball physics. The guy punts it as hard as he can into your player and the ball is deflected less than ten feet.

5. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

I did it tons of times on '09 calling punt block, but only when my team was just fast/much, much better than the team I was playing. I never controlled anyone besides the returner. However, I have not played with any super-talented teams in '10 and have yet to block a punt (but I haven't really "tried" too much either).

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Hahaha, that's funny. Then the ball just lies there when it hits the ground too instead of bouncing. Guess that's evidence of their being absolutely zero physics implemented in this game.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, I know what you are talking about. They audible to a safe punt if you choose punt block, and it is pretty easy to time up against the CPU.

I was playing a user, and I didn't even use punt block..weird..it was PR Safe.