Blow Out!!! Cal 52 Illini 17

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jfosh, Aug 27, 2010.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

Blow Out!!! Cal 52 Illini 17

Stats....Photos....Videos on the wire

With nasty rumors flying around talking about a replacement for coach JFOSH, Cal knew they had to set the tone for the second season.

The tone was set on the 1st play from scrimmage, Ernest Owusu broke through the line and burried the Illini QB forcing a fumble that was scooped by MLB DJ Holt for a TD. It was 7-0 8 seconds into the game.

HB Shane Vereen carried the load the rest of they way racking up 181 yards on 21 carries and 3 TD's. QB Beau Sweeney was efficient enough in his first start 10-16 and 215 yards 2 Td's. The score got out of hand as the Illini struggled to get any offense going except for a handfull of counters. It was the sloppy tackling that most likely did them in.

Despite the #24 ranking the Bears start the season with, Cal will be flying under the radar after a dismal 8-5 season last year. The Golden Bears have 2 2nd team all-americans but beyond Vereen you would be hard pressed to pick another Bear out of a lineup.

"Were fine working our way to the top. We opened with a tough opponent made our case and will have a chance in 3 weeks to add to our argument."

In 3 weeks the Bears face #1 Alabama.

"We were supposed to have Pitt on our schedule this year to. They pulled out late so we scheduled Utah. But after they lost to VT, its probabally good they backed out on us, they would hurt our strength of schedule."

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Wish I could see this shit on the wire!

Probably the worst user beating in T1 history. Don't Quit Mike!

3. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

nice post foshy. IMO we need to do a better job posting about user v. user games in the forums this year. maybe have a fight or two (helli sux!)?

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

I agree...I'm sure we will do a better job in the PAC-10 this year. Looking forward to the Conferrence schedule

5. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i am too although not happy it starts in Week Two. talk about jumping into the fire this year with two user games in week one and week two.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I posted a video of Rutgers vs Wisconsin but I think something fucked up in Youtube....trying it again.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

(y)