Blowouts

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by The Parrothead, Jul 15, 2013.

1. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Just a reminder, if you've got the game well in hand, please don't run up stats with your starters. Put your backups in to get them some experience (and keep them from transferring as a side bonus). No reason your starters should be racking up big numbers in the 4th quarter. I know in user games you can't do mass subs, so think about taking out your starting QB and starting HB at the very least.

BALLisL1FE 21
    Ghost
    Riptides
    Will Atkinson
    tar heel
    HuskerPower
    kcstlmang
    publik drunk
    LeGeNd RiPs
    dmw7782
    wahoogamer

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Agree, I saw one last week and was like :facepalm:

3. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Isn't there a rule about scoring more than 60 points or is it 70?

4. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

There's no set scoring cap. I don't want to do that, as I know there are times where a guy breaks free and there's no catching him. I don't want folks to just simply run out of bounds or dive to the ground to avoid going over a "cap." Here's what our rules currently say:

• Running up the score: If you have the lead by two or more scores in the 4th quarter, do not pass and run up the score. Just simply select a running/kneeing play and win the game. The goal here is to win and win graciously, not run up the score to skew stats or embarrass opponents. Just think how you would feel if you were on the other side. Scores should rarely surpass the 60 point mark if the game is a blowout on one side. Results will be tossed for running up the score purposely and game will be simmed.
    Needless to say, the point is to not run up stats for the sake of running them up. I understand you can get more coaching XP for doing so, but that's not the point of the game/league. The description above makes it sound like it's just for user games, but the rule holds for games against the CPU as well.

• Like Like x 4
  5. dmw7782

dmw7782 Walk On

U got it.

6. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

It looks like the rule is being broken. At what point do you start simming games.

7. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I don't have any issue with the Louisville-Virginia score, as that was an 18 point win and Virginia was making a move to come back (based on the box score I checked). I did mention something to Womp about his game against Vandy, as I think that got a bit out of hand. Not throwing any scores out at this point, but please let all folks be aware that EVERYONE should be aware of the golden rule of the league (sim style play at all times, even if it means losing).

8. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

My backups got playing time as well. I wasn't running up the score.

9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Didn't think you were based on the box score I saw. That game looked like there was zero defense. Haha

• Like Like x 1
  10. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Absolutely none. lol

11. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

How do you score 42 points with just one team in one quarter?

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Asked that myself. Wompwomp said he hadn't noticed he was doing so well and calls his plays very quickly. Still, 42 is a ton...

13. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Not to mention that Vandy scored 17 that quarter. I don't see how you can score that much in a quarter while playing sim ball. I'd have a hard time believing that he didn't know how well he was doing, going from 7 to 49 in one quarter is noticeable unless you never look at the clock or check what down it is.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I agree. Already discussed this via pm with him and expect this to not occur again (unless defensive/special teams td's go crazy in a quarter).