Archived BLUEJAYS.COM

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by G_T_G, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

[​IMG]

JAYS EXPLORING TRADE OPTIONS
    [​IMG]
    Blue Jays DH Edwin Encarnacion's job may be in jeopardy.
    4/8/2012
    TORONTO -
    Blue Jays GM/Manager GTG declared today via press release that he is actively searching to add another bat to the Blue Jays line up. The search, beginning today, will continue until a move has been made or until the deadline passes.
    "We are trying to improve this team offensively," stated GTG in the release. "I think that, in order to compete with the other explosive teams in our division, we would benefit from adding another veteran, consistent run producer at the plate."
    According to the press release, the Jays are seeking an outfielder or DH type player to supplement the middle of their lineup.
    When news of the announcement struck the Toronto clubhouse, the media was quick to get a reaction from current Jays DH Edwin Encarnacion. Leading up to this week, there have been rumors swirling in Toronto that GTG was unimpressed with Encarnacion's offensive production this spring.
    "I am here to help this team any way I can," said Encarnacion when questioned about his job security. "If its from the bench, I may have to accept that. I just want to help this team win."
    Players rumored to be on the Blue Jays radar include Cubs LF Alfonso Soriano and Angels outfielders Torii Hunter and Bobby Abreu.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

[​IMG]

TORONTO REVEALS OPENING DAY ROSTER
    [​IMG]
    44 year-old Omar Vizquel made the Blue Jays 25-man roster.
    4/15/2012
    TORONTO -
    The Blue Jays announced the official 25-man MLB opening day roster for the 2012 season. The biggest surprise on the list? The all-time leader of games played at SS and 11 time gold glove winner Omar Vizquel.
    When the news broke, Omar Vizquel made an official statement through his twitter account (@vizquelomar13). "It's an honor to make this squad," said Vizquel. "It's gonna be a great season in Toronto. Lets go Blue Jays!"
    Here is the official list of players that made the MLB roster:
    STARTING ROTATION:
    1 - SP Ricky Romero
    2 - SP Brandon Morrow
    3 - SP Henderson Alvarez
    4 - SP Brett Cecil
    5 - SP Jesse Litsch
    BULLPEN:
    LR Carlos Villanueva
    MR Luis Perez
    MR Casey Janssen
    MR Darren Oliver