Board Behavior

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Board Behavior

I am all for us ranting and raving INSIDE the board room at eachother. To me, we can go at it all we want as long as it doesn't get too personal or out of hand.

However, I think we need to really watch how we are acting on the regular forums with our other owners. Getting in petty arguments about trades/etc. really sets a bad example for this board and makes us look pretty immature. (I'm talking the convo's I know people have had on AIM too. . .I've had owners copy/paste me some stuff that was said when we were debating our offseason changes. Pretty gross stuff)

Let's keep it as civil as possible guys, especially outside the board room. I think we have really hurt our rep the past couple of days.

2. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I tried not to argue with that niners guy. I agree I should have let it go and you are right about setting an example. I did say that I wasnt speaking for the board. but that isnt an excuse. Will keep in mind going forward.

I have never talked to anyone on AIM though.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Never said you did ;)

4. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I know. I just wanted everyone to know that person wasnt me. lol

5. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

who was it then. I talk to gaddy about the free agency process.. but its no like it was serious..

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

While I agree, Web, that the 49ers owner was being a dick (no soft words can be used), we as board members cannot sink to that level in the public forums.

I would respectfully suggest we don't sink to them here either. But at the very least we need to realize that we are volunteers. We are doing our best here to make the league great.

I personally know I haven't helped at all with my cap book issues and constant bitching about my team and my personal play. I'll try and be better about that. I can't make any guarantees, but I can guarantee I will try harder to be better for the board and, in particular, Nate. Nate's family, and I haven't done him many favors over the last few days.

New season, new attitude guys. I think we all need to buy in, sing some "Kumbaya" around a campfire, and be better for year 2. Sure, we have some issues, but we have the desire here to get them fixed.