Board members - please check in

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Feb 16, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Board members - please check in

Ok here is what we have as of now:
    Nate - I am in charge of overseeing the trades (there is a discussion that this may change), and I am in charge of simply overseeing the general function of the league. I step in when board members cant/don't do their jobs and I send out mass messages to keep the league flowing as best as possible. I am also responsible for advancing the league each week.

Winuvas - I am going to make an official announcement but he is the co-commish of this league. He is in charge of overseeing the cap book. What I am adding to this also is it is his job to let me know when a person needs an official warning or possible other action if they are not taking care of their part with their cap book. Win also oversees podcast and Free agency as a help.

Jeremy - Oversees our free agency. He closes and edits post to show the winners after 24 hours have passed. Jeremy is responsible for letting me know when a player must be forced signed and is also responsible for overseeing duplicate threads and correct bidding formats are taking place.

Cade - Cade is to oversee our game scheduling threads. He is to make a post each week with an update of when games are scheduled, played, and where they stand. It is his job to let me know when players need to be set to cpu or when games need to be simmed.

Dunlap - Seth is kinda a floater right now. He's job is to help us make decisions here and to step up and help where other board members fall short. Seth also takes care of our podcast each week and oversees that with winuvas.

Web - Web is also a floater right now. He has asked to be removed from his position but I told him to stay put for now. He doesn't have a specific job, but will fill in where needed.

Claven - Claven is overseeing our game summaries. Ever since taking that over they have improved 200%. Thats exactly what I am looking for and he does an amazing job with staying on top of that.

Jeremy has been MIA for a few weeks now. Not sure where he stands or what's going on, I am sure its something with work, but I need to know where he stand on this board.

Cade too has been super busy and since has been MIA a lot. He did, however, give me the heads up on this. He keeps telling me he's gonna take care of the game scheduling, but hasn't done it yet. He also didn't post a summary last week - not good for a board member. I need to know where Cade stands also.

Web has some family and work issues right now and actually asked to be taken off the board. I asked him to stay. hes a stand up guy and owner and I know will be heavily involved once things settle down.

This is what I need guys if I am going to continue to be the commish of this league. I need guys to take jobs and come to me with issues, and when they drop the ball to have others here take up their slack. I can not continue to check FA's, Scheduling, and Summaries (only to see whos doing what) and run the leauge and get my games in and still have a job, wife, and kids. LOL.

I too want to do the extra stuff, but lately i've been swamped. I am not looking to make guys who are already doing a lot, do more. I am just asking for you to do ask Winuvas and Claven are doing, take ownership of your job. I don't want to have to check on you and ask you if you need me to hand out a warning or give a talking too or this or that. I need you to come to me. I know that each week all I have to do is check Clavens thread. If he says to me to give out a warning, then I am doing it, no questions asked. I dont even check in the team management thread, if winuvas comes to me with a issue then i take care of it for him. I need us to handle things like that.

My suggestion is this:
    I would like to set up a recruiter, much like the position that gaddy has. Not a official board member, but an official title. This possibly could be the falcons owner wajo.

I'd like to set up a trades committee. I'll appoint 3 guys to vote on every trade and pass it. If I am needed then I'll step in. They could be done here (voted on) and the rest of us can see, but shouldn't comment.

I am going to make a sticky with what jobs we have, each of us, so there's no confusion of what I expect of you.

Last, I'd like to set up a NFC and AFC representative. This is the person that owners go to with issues. If the issue is major, then I get involved, if its minor then the rep can handle it.

Please check in by giving me your thoughts on this. I am sorry for it being so long.

Also, if you want to put your name in the hate for the rep job then let me know. If not we may add a new board member.

2. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Honestly, I have been busy... Baseball season, School, Work, and Trying to remain in 3 leagues (2madden,1ncaa)

I just dont have the free time i had last season. If I quit any league it would be this one. I play sim and this is the cheesiest league I'm in. Not trying to make anyone mad I will play my games and I do play sim, but if me being busy and unactive some starts a problem. You feel like I shouldn't be on the board or in the league then I'm sorry.

Coaching baseball, work, and family is the most important thing in my life right now...

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think it's perfect, really. Set up a structure of rules and a chain of command.

Makes complete sense really. I personally think the chain of command should flow like:

Commish
    Co-Commish
    Representative of your conference
    Board member over area of question (if applies)
    Board member

Start at the bottom and work your way up. As long as we communicate effectively here as far as what decisions we make, there should be a lot fewer problems that go directly to Nate. It's not honestly fair to have to supervise the entire league. When I folded up the WFL, I only had 10 owners and I was having trouble keeping up with everything plus this league.

I also think that we need to keep an odd number of board members (5, 7, 9) including the commissioner. That way, if there is a hotly debated issue amongst board members and it's 50/50, the commissioner would be the decider.

I also think that if people are interested in being board members, they need to show it by volunteering to help with some of our stuff. Now some things we can't get help with from normal owners, but things like game scheduling, game recaps, even monitoring posts by others to make sure they are done properly (position - name - overall in FA thread anyone?) should be able to have "board member possibles" taking care of it. That way if we do have to have people step down (hopefully we don't, but being realistic), we have guys that can step in immediately and know the level of engagement we expect.

I think I'm done for now...

4. natedawg212000

Wow @ Cade. The cheesiest league your in, and if you quit it will be us, yet your a board member? I am sorry if you felt like I was calling you out, in no way did I mean that, but it feels like you just slapped me in the face and told me to shove it. Lets talk on AIM.

5. natedawg212000

Cade has been removed from the board and has stated that he will talk with the guys who run TF about getting us removed from here. So i guess my trying to fix this may just make it all worse. Either way my issue with cade was I dont like how guys who are on my team to make this the best league around are spitting in my face and telling me they are leaving and on their way out the league sucks and is unsim. frustrated now...

6. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

I never once said anything about trying to get you removed from TF.. YOU Just stated that i may need to be replaced so I said I would talk to TF about that.. I have done nothing wrong but explain where OMFL stands in my life.. Dont try and lie on me like that Nate....

7. natedawg212000

I am not going to get in a pissing match with you cade. You do what you've gotta do, but all I stated was since you felt the way you felt then you didn't need to be on our team, and since you were so busy and our league was so horrible that when you got too busy and needed to go to let me know and i'd replace you. Thats EXACTLY what I said. Once I stated that you made the comment that you would talk with the guy who runs the TF about this, which imo means to have our no-sim league removed. I think this is complete bull crap to be honest. I've been playing and running online madden leagues for 10 years! I've got more rules than most of these leagues combined! I don't hesitate to boot a owner or make a rule to make this a better league. You came to me stating EVERY game you played was a cheesefest yet I've had no official complaints, or suggestions on how to make things better until this post by you, which was in very bad taste.

8. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Bro your getting this all twisted... I just let you know how OMFL stands with me.. me saying that it is the cheesiest league im in... Im in 3 leagues... come on...its not like im in 10..

I said every game i played this year which is 3 has been cheese...I never said I would quit league..Im just being an honest guy telling you where this stands with me and if you need to replace me so be it.

Honestly I wasnt trying to be rude.. but you dont come by so nice either nate...

Havent you threatened to quit this league already, dont act like im doing something so wrong..

And if i were to list all my complaints it would be every week....

I'm done with the talk...If you need to talk to me hit me up on AIM so.. Ill schedule my game, play my game and post a summary

9. natedawg212000

I said I may step down as commish from burn out, never threatened to quit over 'cheese'. I bend over backwards to make things work around here and again say to look at my past history of what i've been apart of and built. You said you didn't have time for the board so I replaced you, that's all. Never threatened you with your ownership. Whenever your ready to boot us to the curb you just let me know. No need to talk on AIM. I am not getting anything twisted.

10. natedawg212000

I am sad to see that Cade felt that way and had to leave that way. If its my fault then I'll take responsibility. I apologized to him and I still stand by the way I felt and what I said.

Here is the updated jobs:
    Nate - I am in charge of simply overseeing the general function of the league. I step in when board members cant/don't do their jobs and I send out mass messages to keep the league flowing as best as possible. I am also responsible for advancing the league each week.

Winuvas - The co-commish of this league. He is in charge of overseeing the cap book. What I am adding to this also is it is his job to let me know when a person needs an official warning or possible other action if they are not taking care of their part with their cap book. Win also oversees podcast and Free agency as a help.

Jeremy - Oversees our free agency. He closes and edits post to show the winners after 24 hours have passed. Jeremy is responsible for letting me know when a player must be forced signed and is also responsible for overseeing duplicate threads and correct bidding formats are taking place.

Not assigned officially - The board right now is assigning someone to do this. This person is to oversee our game scheduling threads. He is to make a post each week with an update of when games are scheduled, played, and where they stand. It is his job to let me know when players need to be set to cpu or when games need to be simmed. Mustang will be trying this out and if it works out, he will be taking his board position back.

Dunlap - Seth is kinda a floater right now. He's job is to help us make decisions here and to step up and help where other board members fall short. Seth also takes care of our podcast each week and oversees that with winuvas.

Web - Web is also a floater right now. He has asked to be removed from his position but I told him to stay put for now. He doesn't have a specific job, but will fill in where needed.

Claven - Claven is overseeing our game summaries. Ever since taking that over they have improved 200%. Thats exactly what I am looking for and he does an amazing job with staying on top of that.

11. natedawg212000

I am sad to see that Cade felt that way and had to leave that way. If its my fault then I'll take responsibility. I apologized to him and I still stand by the way I felt and what I said.

Here is the updated jobs:
    Nate - I am in charge of simply overseeing the general function of the league. I step in when board members cant/don't do their jobs and I send out mass messages to keep the league flowing as best as possible. I am also responsible for advancing the league each week.

Winuvas - The co-commish of this league. He is in charge of overseeing the cap book. What I am adding to this also is it is his job to let me know when a person needs an official warning or possible other action if they are not taking care of their part with their cap book. Win also oversees podcast and Free agency as a help.

Not assigned officially - The board right now is assigning someone to do this. This person is to oversee our game scheduling threads. He is to make a post each week with an update of when games are scheduled, played, and where they stand. It is his job to let me know when players need to be set to cpu or when games need to be simmed. Mustang will be trying this out and if it works out, he will be taking his board position back.

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

I talked with Nate. I am writing up a detailed proposal I will have posted by morning with new job responsibilities detailed. . .and a good conflict resolution process.

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Good deal. Would be nice to have a "chain of command" that is official.

14. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I am here guys. I have been having trouble getting on to the site today to check in. My personal issues are done. I can help on anything needed.

15. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Fully support Win becoming the co-commish. Def deserves it and I think he will do a great job working with Nate.

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

From towelboy throw-in owner of the Chiefs in the 4th and 1 league to co-commissioner of the OMFL reborn on ps3....

What a long, strange trip it's been.

(y)

17. Big D

Big D Walk On

Ok I have finished my little Handbook I created. I talked with Nate last night and got some ideas of who he would like to see in certain posistions. . .so these are just preliminary, but sounded like what he wanted.

Having this will do a couple of things for us.

1) It will streamline the decision making process for the board, and detail our responsibilities better so we aren't stepping all over eachother.

2) It creates a chain of command, that will take the pressure off of the commissioners and spread out the responsibilities throughout the board.

3) I have created a detailed conflict resolution process to deal with any issues that arise. There are checks and balances involved, but I think this will be a great system that we should implement.

Please read over it and let's try to tweak it if needed, then lets get it up and running!

I will also post this in its own thread as well.

Attached Files: