Bobby Bowden will announce Retirement

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by JOEDESIGNS, Nov 29, 2009.

1. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Bobby Bowden will announce Retirement

Sometime this week, after we got our asses beat for the sixth straight time, apparently the BOT's isn't on his side anymore. Expect an announcement by next friday. You heard it here first.

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Not to sound critical, but he said after Florida game yesterday that he wanted to come back for one more season.

Changing coaches probably won't help FSU anyway.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Said a decision sill come as early as Monday or Tuesday. It will help because there isn't any leadership at the top anymore along with decisions that suck when they are made. I believe once jimbo is given control the next few years will be different in Florida

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    well we all know they want to move on...can FSU force his retirement a year early?

5. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

FSU doesn't have to force anything. Bobby's contract is up this year. They have him on a 1 year option right now every year. Everyone (including me) knew we were gonna get pounded yesterday but the whole "hey we're down 30, let's kick a FG" really pissed of the RIGHT PEOPLE. Not to mention urban kneeling in the 2nd with almost a minute left.

The meeting monday will cover two things, 1 they will offer Bobby another year, as long as he releases all HC duties. He is rumored to refuse this. 2, they will show him his retirement package which several boosters believe he will take. New DC will be announced in about two weeks. IMO it will be Sunseri, or Smart. (Both from Alabama)

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I think the problem is have a "coach in waiting" or w/e they call it

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

It's sad to see a legend like Bowden have to go out like this...It's too bad he didn't just retire on his own terms a year or two ago so he could have a farewell tour in his last season and get the acknowledgements he's earned...And for goodness sakes, if he does come back for the 2010 season, make sure the last home game is a game they should win. Noone wants to go out with a loss.

Florida State should be better than this...

8. Rudy

Rudy Pumped for NCAA 11

So true. This will be a sad ending.

9. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

*Cough*Tomorrow*Cough* and FSU tried to handle it, Bobby was offered to come back as HC with no push in major decisions, and also offered as FSU Ambassador to speak with the incoming recruits, and FSU PR. He declined. If you haven't lived through this nightmare, please try to understand. Thats like me being upset at ND for pulling the trigger, I know exactly how they feel.

10. KnightNoles

I believe it is sad also and I'm an FSU fan. But those that are out of touch with the program, Bobby has fallen away from the good ol southern boy Christian fellow. He had leached off of fsu ever since mark richt and company left outta town and fsu has leeched of the man just as much also.

I wish he did come back for a farwell tour but had zero coaching powers and just took the wins and losses. Speaking of defensive coordinators I'm hoping for smart or the other bama guy or Kevin Steele which is unlikely from Clemson as he was thought to be the next coach but he thought he was screwed and jumped ship to help Sabah his first year at bama and took the dc job at Clemson this past year.

I'm anxious to see the whole staff revamped and what jimbo can do with the whole team. He already made major strides with the offense since he's been here just wait til he influences the whole team!

11. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Will fate really let someone named Jimbo be a great head coach?

12. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

The next DC will be Smart or Sunseri (both from UA) my money is on Sunseri due to the fact that Smart wouldn't be around really long. He'll have his own team soon.

13. Rudy

Rudy Pumped for NCAA 11

Is Christian Ponder coming back next year? I only watched him in the Miami game and he looked great. Was having a great year until he got hurt.

14. KnightNoles

Yes, he will be back