Bogey and NewB

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Colemanchu, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Bogey and NewB

Unfortunately do to your lack of commitment and activity on this forum you have both been removed from the league. I will be gone most of the day Monday at work so if you are wondering why me, then follow this link. http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4266

2. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

So basically you have some friends that you really want in this league and your looking for a reason to boot someone, and hey if it can be the 2-time defending champ, even better. This league has been up barely a week, and I have had my girls family in town the entire time, but I made sure to get my games in on time. Its all good though, good luck to the rest of you guys.

3. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

we are on the second week of the season and i played my first weeks game on time are you serious? But thank you for wasting my time i really do appreciate it

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    Did you post anywhere letting us know that you were busy and unable to deal with the REQUIREMENTS of the OFFL?

Since I don't deal with you directly, I am asking out of curiosity.

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Being a member of the OFFL isn't about getting your games in on time. It is about PARTICIPATION, especially here on the boards. Community is what we want and if you aren't participating in that, you need to find a dynasty more in-line with your expectations.

6. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

Have you even looked at this board? It was more active for 09 than it is now the only thing post worthy was the damn recruit watch

7. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

No I didnt, I did not realize it was urgent. I had every intention of going back and doing a writeup for my first two games, when I had time rather than do a crappy one sentence write-up. And I havent signed any recruits yet so the recruiting board was coming as well, If you check seasons past I was an active participant in a number of ways and this season has not even picked up steam. Its not like I just disappeared, i played both my games and did post a spot to do my writeups to let you guys know they were coming. Its too bad because I commished the first league Cole was in at traditions and gave him the benifit of the doubt when people questioned his gameplay, I guess I did not deserve the same treatment. I have been a commish so I know how it tuff and when guys dont commit its like a shot at you, but the way this was handled bush league.

8. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

at least now i know im not the only one who cant get a recruit to sign in 2 weeks....

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I think that is exactly the problem. Trimming out those who are doing very, very little will make these boards more active.

It is my experience that people who start off slow don't get better, they get worse.

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I am sorry you feel let down. Cole is away today, why don't you PM him and explain your intents nicely and he may reconsider. If not, I support his decision, as will Raz and Archie. None of us are vindictive or mean, but we do have expectations. If they can't be met then we find people who will meet them.

I have a lot of people in the West who aren't shaping up well and they are running out of rope. This is our effort to make these leagues stronger and more active.

11. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

if that was attended at me look @ my posts in the other forums and from 09 in the offl east when i had Cuse i have no problem posting but we are 2 WEEKS IN in this league and there is NOTHING to talk about yet so to kick 2 active members out is very ridiculous and like he said its just very bush league and i will make sure i keep my butt in the TF leagues from now on and not waste time on the OFFL leagues

i got my 2 cents out so im done with this have a great season

12. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

I can understand that both Newb Slice and Bogey might have turned out to be active, long-term members.

But all Cole has to go on is how active you've been thus far, which is completely inactive in these two cases. The best time for new owners to come in is at the beginning of things, so decisions need to be made. And as shaun said, people who are inactive at the beginning of things, when things should be fresh, new and exciting, rarely become more active as time passes by.

Cole gave fair warning about activity levels in the post he provided the link for. If you didn't happen to read that post, well, that might be part of the problem.

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

You guys were removed for not being invlolved here, on the board. Bogey, if you were going to be busy you should have let me known. After I posted the message in the link you took the time to start a Game Summary thread but left it completely blank. NewB the only post I've seen from you is asking about when are we going to advance, when that is the one thing that has been absolutely the same for the OFFL since the first time you or anyone else logged onto this site. Raz even suggested that you take a few minutes to post a game summary, maybe your week 1 user game against #1 rival FSU?
    At one point of time you both wish our league best wishes or such, I appreciate that and extend the same courtesies to you both as well.

14. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

I made the game summary post in hopes you would see that they were on the way, just did not have the time to do a solid one right then, I have alway done game summaries and will continue to in my other league as I enjoy this part of the game.

I find it ironic that you are pointing out the fact that Miami did not do there writeup for the FSU game, but where is the FSU writeup? Or an writeup at all from FSU? If you are going to boot guys for inactivity then FSU should get the boot as well, I mean at least I started a thread, so technically I have done more, yet I get the boot. I would hate to accuse this of being a personal issue but with evidence like this I have no choice.

15. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Actually, the FSU owner is no longer part of the OFFL East. He left, so there would be little point in trying to remove him.

It's all besides the point anyways. You were completely inactive. You got removed. That's how it has to work to create an activity dynasty.

16. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Fair enough, good luck guys.