Boiler Up, Hammer Down: Purdue Football

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by HotRod, Jul 18, 2010.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Boiler Up, Hammer Down: Purdue Football

Week 1

[​IMG]

Faced with a great challenge to start the season, the Purdue Boilermakers provided a great first impression with a 52-14 win over Notre Dame behind an aggressive and opportunitic defense.

Purdue knew that it was a priority to slow down Brian Kelly's no huddle spread offense if they wanted any shot to win the game. Boy did they do a magnificent job early on as they forced an interception on the first drive of the game which was returned for a TD by Charlton Williams. Purdue dialed up some aggressive blitzes to force Dane Crist to get rid of the ball quickly and was a great gameplan.

The Boilermaker then seized full control of the game with a dominant 2nd and 3rd quarter in which they outscored the Irish 38-0. QB Caleb TerBush overcame a shaky first quarter and turned in a great performance, connecting on three TD passes in that stretch. TerBush finished the game 21-31 for 308 yds and 4 TD. His favorite target of the game and presumably the season was senior WR Keith Smith who hauled in 8 receptions for 119 yds and a TD.

The player of the game honors could have gone to DE Ryan Kerrigan who dominated his O-line counterpart all game to the tune of 9 tackles, 3 sacks, and a fumble return TD. He also put some good hits on Crist on passing plays. The Biolermaker defense forced 6 turnovers on the game 4 of which were interceptions.

This is a great win to start the season for a Purdue team looking to make some noise this season. Hopefully there are more wins like this to come.

INJURY NOTE: RB Ralph Bolden, who ran for 122 yds, suffered a separated shoulder and will miss 3 weeks.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

There are some utilities out there that will let you download portions contained within flash, so you don't have to do the print screen trick.

Nice win, but losing Bolden for 3 weeks could be painful.

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Cool, I'll look for a utility. The Bolden injury won't hurt me much, I play FCS, Ball St, and Toledo in that stretch LOL.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Well... what luck. *fart sound*

Every time I ever lose a needed player, Bruce, Fosh, and Ramirez were next...