Boise St. Presser

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Boise St. Presser

[​IMG]

Coach Boise is finally number one, after all the years of being treated like a mistress, how does it feel?

You destroyed Idaho, did the players feed off the emotion of being ranked 1 to handle them that easily?

Tell us a lil about those big wins you had earlier this season.

Is Kellen Moore the best quarterback in America?

2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Coach Boise is finally number one, after all the years of being treated like a mistress, how does it feel?

It is nice that the writers and fellow coaches view us as the number one team in the country. While I have been pleased with our performance, there is always room for improvement. We haven't reached our team goals yet, and it's too early in the season to even be worried about number one.

You destroyed Idaho, did the players feed off the emotion of being ranked 1 to handle them that easily?

I have been trying to insulate the players from the number one ranking. This team is very special, but we all know that egos can bring a team down. We have a huge game this week that's going to go a long way to determining our season and how well we will do. Idaho was a tough team, and their coach had them ready to play. I felt as though our players were a bit jittery during the first half, just because of the talk around town about our team. There's alot of pressure ya know.

Tell us a lil about those big wins you had earlier this season.

Well I can't say enough about how we started against Colorado. To come back in that game and get the victory says alot about us. Then after defeating the Ducks on the road, the team was pumped. It was easily the biggest win in my career on the collegiate level. It was such a great game, and I commend the Ducks coach. He was a class act and gracious in defeat. That game really could have gone either way.

Is Kellen Moore the best quarterback in America?

Kellen is a great quarterback, and personally I wouldn't want anyone else leading my team. As many of you know he's thrown 9 TD passes in the first four games, which is very solid. I don't think you can even say Kellen isn't among one of the best quarterbacks in America. He has put us on the map, and has lead our team through a little bit of early season adversity.

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Great answers Coach Bob!

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Huge game vs TCU how have you guys prepared for this one?

Who do you have to stop in order to gain an advantage defensively in this game?

How do you keep your guys grounded with the unprecedented level of hype surrounding the program?

Has the success bolstered recruiting?

5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Huge game vs TCU how have you guys prepared for this one?

You are right SDID, it's a huge game for us here at Boise. The fans are buzzing and looking forward to the rematch of the Fiesta Bowl from last year. I am sure TCU and their great fans feel the same. We have prepared for this game like any other game, it is always one at a time.

Who do you have to stop in order to gain an advantage defensively in this game?

Well we need to contain, yes contain, Matthew Tucker. I don't think there is any "stopping" him. But to be successful on defense we need to contain this young man. He has great ability and tremendous power. We are definitely looking forward to the challenge.

How do you keep your guys grounded with the unprecedented level of hype surrounding the program?

We just want to keep it at a one game at a time mentality. The season is long and grueling, looking ahead would put us at a real disadvantage. I just try to tell our players to not focus on the paper and the media, and to enjoy the moment.

Has the success bolstered recruiting?

The recruiting as been about the same. I believe we have top notch facilities that every high school athlete wants to use or be around. We are the top sports team in the state, and that gives us an advantage because our fans are all about the Broncos. It's been great being a part of this process for the first time.

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Barn burner coach, great win vs TCU, is this season starting to have that magical feeling?

How was your team able to hold off the late charge and overcome TCU in overtime?

Coach how is your team fairing health wise?

What does America need to know about the '10 Broncos?

7. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Barn burner coach, great win vs TCU, is this season starting to have that magical feeling?

That game last week was a doozy, it was great for our fans to enjoy such a memorable game. Kudos to coach Tuco, and we look forward to our seasonal rivalry. I believe our group is special, but I wouldn't go as far as magical. Maybe if we catch some breaks then this January we can revisit the magical feeling.

How was your team able to hold off the late charge and overcome TCU in overtime?

Well, we are just a team that fights hard. Going up 28-7 I believe we rested and got lazy in coverage. It's apparent in Daltons 372 yards in the game. Trust me, it won't happen again. With Kellen Moore at quarterback I knew our team would rally behind him. He was great in overtime, and really got Jeremy Avery back in the groove after his late game fumble. Hat's off to the young man for getting a little bit of redemption. Our players were rooting for him.

Coach how is your team fairing health wise?

So far so good. Our team, like every team, has had some cuts and bruises, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. I think our strength and conditioning coach is one of the best in the country. With him doing our offseason program and then with our terrific medical staff, we have been doing pretty well. It's a long season though, and with that said we will continue to try and stay healthy for our fans.

What does America need to know about the '10 Broncos?

Well we really don't want the spotlight. We enjoy being in our city, and almost isolated. But if we must, I believe America needs to know who Kellen Moore is. He's going to be a great professional, and is proving that he deserves to be in the Heisman race. Also, our coaching staff has been terrific this season. I am guessing I will be losing some well deserved coaches this offseason. But hey thats ok.

We are looking forward to the rest of the season, maybe America will be able to see some games down the stretch.

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach you are 2 wins away from an undefeated season, is your team loose or are they tightening up down the stretch?

BYU stands in the way with an undefeated record of their own, what is your early opinion of this year's Cougars?

What will Boise have to do to win?

9. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    ahh dang diddy...i missed out on this, ill do my best to answer them anyway..lol..

Coach you are 2 wins away from an undefeated season, is your team loose or are they tightening up down the stretch?

Well to be honest with you, the team has seem to tighten up. Or at least the coach has, the BYU game had huge implications and felt great to win. We now will be looking towards the Wyoming game. If we wrap that up will be Mountain West champs, and then the voters will have a real tough time deciding who goes to BCS game. Right now our players took the day off, so tomorrow we get back at it.

BYU stands in the way with an undefeated record of their own, what is your early opinion of this year's Cougars?

All the credit goes to BYU, they have had a great season and have a great coach in Jam. If it wasn't for a few ill advised throws then BYU would have really been closer. But I think BYU was a bit underrated coming in, and I still believe that. The Cougars deserve a better ranking.

What will Boise have to do to win?

We had to control the ball, and make BYU turn the ball over. Something we did with the 6 turnovers they had. It started early with the opening kickoff fumble, and then the Cougar QBs were trying to thread needles. With the film study this last week, our guys were in the right position to make plays. It's all I can ask of them. Offense wasn't great, but the defense stood tall again.