Boise State Playbook

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by OsirisMonster, Nov 30, 2010.

1. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Thinking of using it for Season Three. Anyone have any experience with it? Like it? Worth investing my season in it?

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Love it. Used it a bunch early on here. I thought about going back to it. I still might. I like the Michigan State book a lot, too, and then there's Pitt, Ole Miss, and my Kentucky book is great. Thing is, my book has no "big" sets. I have at least two WRs in every formation. I miss lining up big now an again, though if you like having the run/pass option in every set, Kentucky is a great choice.

But Boise is a great pick. Just don't try the statue of liberty play. It never works. (In the ACE-Bunch set, if you want to check it out.)

3. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Few things I really like about the Boise book are the good I Form sets coupled with Ace Jumbo Z, Ace Bunch, and the Ace Big sets. Leaning towards using it. Michigan State with the high number of I Form and Maryland I is another one I'm eyeing.

4. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

LOVE the MSU book. Might stay with Clemson's, but if I don't, MSU would be my book of choice.

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

I have heard real good things about the Boise State Playbook. My spread QB is graduating this year and I have more of a pocket passer as his replacement so I think I may go to an Air Raid offense or possibly the Pistol. Not sure yet.

6. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Texas Tech PB is really good.

7. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

My only issue with MSU playbook is my ability to pass out of it. I just don't know how good the passing plays are. Do you find you have good selection of plays to call in passing downs that work?

8. bdub

bdub Walk On

Is that what your using in The Left Coast.

9. egofailure

Got to avoid the 3rd and 10's! I like to mix it up on 1st and 2nd from heavy run formations, and the MSU PB allows me to do that. And while their shotgun formations are few, I think they can be effective. Just don't expect to throw 40X a game and win. Falling behind big isn't an option.

10. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Yeah. It is the most pure Air Raid book so if you want to go with a real Mike Leech offense that is the best book. Troy and Louisiana Tech are basically the same as Tech.

That said BYU Air Raid with twin HBs has some nice plays in it if you want to get two good HBs involved in the offense. Arizona / Arizona State are good books if you want to keep an under center running game (though coming from Utah I guess that isn't an issue.)

11. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

The inability to throw 40 times a game when needed is a big deviation from what the Syracuse book offered. I might need to make a slower transition to the run heavy attack then MSU allows.

12. egofailure

A couple (and even three) stud TE can make the MSU PB vicious! But the 'Cuse book is as solid a Pro book as you'll find. I just prefer to line up big often and in various sets. Need the right personel, though.

13. bdub

bdub Walk On

I like the more shotgun stuff but running out of the gun just doesn't work in this game and neither does the spread so I think I just need to give it up. I love the scheme I am using now when it comes to user games its great but against the CPU its just not going well.

14. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

If you call your plays in a true Mike Leech fashion the inability to run isn't that big of a deal. Tech would call a pass play 95% of the time then audible into a run if the defense left the box open. You can do a somewhat adequete job running with these sliders if you use that approach. Just be prepared to throw it 50 times a game.

I find that Draws, Dives, and Jet Sweeps work well against the CPU with our sliders out of shotgun.

15. bdub

bdub Walk On

Good info. I am looking at either Texas Tech or possibly BYU, going to have to lab some more.

16. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Just think about it this way. A short pass is like a running play. The Air Raid often uses it's short passing game in place of a run game.