Bolt Beat: San Diego Chargers News

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by guitarDADDY1208, Aug 30, 2013.

1. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

BREAKING NEWS: WR Eddie Royal unhappy with team refuses to resign.

Eddie Royal has refused the Chargers contract extension offer and it appears there is more to the story than just money. In an interview with NFL network Royal made it clear to the NFL Gameday crew that he felt as if the team did not value his talents when San Diego traded away their 1st and 2nd picks in the 2014 draft to Seattle for WR Sidney Rice. Royal stated that he felt as if he could lead the team into the future and at first wanted to resign with the Bolts that was before the last minute trade that brought Rice to SD. "I wanna be valued for my talents as a weapon on offense, not just as a kick returner. This is why I will not continue my career in San Diego." Royal was very vocal on air and this public outcry was not received well by the team's owner. In only his second year as owner of the Chargers Mike Caudell made this statement to ESPN's Chris Berman, "I can understand Mr. Royal's frustration and we were willing to try to work with him to come to an agreement to keep him here. Unfortunately he never once came to us with these issues rather he went straight to the media." "After his public outburst we will no longer pursue an extension with Royal. We will maintain our focus on the current season and wish Eddie the best of luck in free agency."

• Like Like x 2