Bonus Players

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by John Crow, Aug 22, 2011.

1. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

I am a bit confused about the bonus players. Do we have any bonus players this year? Are we going strictly 1-7-70?

2. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I think we're strictly 1-7-70? I'm not real clear either...

Archie Griffin
    egofailure

Please clarify...

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

I believe that the new rule is no bonus guys but if you can, you can sign two former bonus guys. So you may be able to be 1-9-70.

4. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

What if the bonus guys are 5*'s?

5. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'm not sure, I know Archie got 2 bonus 4*'s so I think that's all that applies. Hopefully he can clear up the confusion.

6. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

You can grab any two from the bonus list, including 5-stars.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This is correct. I was going to do away with the list altogether (my PM box is full of "this isn't fair" kind of stuff) but I had already signed two of them, so instead of capping the list at seven and giving myself an advantage, I'm letting guys sign up to where I have already, which means each user can sign two of the previous bonus list recruits.

If I hadn't signed any of these guys, I would have capped it at a straight 1-7-70.

I'm working on a system for next season, but I'd plan on a straight 1-7-70 until the guys are close to equal in prestige level. Until then, it's clear that the guys want the big schools to sign less. It might take at least two to three more years until we get back to competition, and then guys will be shouting at me to lower restrictions so they can sign more. Kinda how it works. I apologize to all the coaches who won't hit their recruiting contract goals, but every time I sign a couple guys I'm getting the "what about me" stuff in my inbox. It's just no fun, and it leaves me no time to monitor the rampant cheesing going on out there. Wish I woulda known ahead of time. I would have picked a lower tier school and worked up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

If we are trying to simulate real life usn't real life that the 6 star teams get the best players and the 1, 2 and 3 star teams get the left overs? I am new but didn't everyone have the opportunity to pick a five or six star team?

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think we're going to be having this discussion in another thread here shortly. I've been having it in my PM box for days now.