Boo Yeah! Mike Leach is coming to Pullman!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Nov 30, 2011.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Cheez
    recchem2000
    Dru50
    Jayrah

Pirate mania is coming to Pullman! My feelings about Wulff were expressed yesterday in the moments of silence thread. But today is a new day, and apparently Bill Moos is not going to allow WSU to be a "have not" any more.

• Like Like x 1
  2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

This was obviously a move in the works for awhile to happen so fast...Wulff should be pissed. He was on his way out win or lose on Saturday vs Washington and he probably didnt even know. Stay classy Cougars!

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I think that is a heck of a hire by WSU. Leach has shown that he can compete with the big-boys without getting the top recruits, which is something he'll have to do to succeed at WSU. I think in 2-3 seasons, the Cougars will be giving Pac-12 north teams fits.

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Is it a little slimy, that the day after the previous coach was fired, WSU has a new coach yes. It will even make you more upset to learn Leach was in Pullman last year during the spring game, this move may have been lined up for a while.

Cheez and I discussed Paul Wulff yesterday, his problem was this, the team was bad, really bad when he took it over. Fans and alumni (the alumni that gave the school money) blamed him. As season 3 and 4 progress people who watched football understood the team was getting better, but some times getting better is not enough. People define better as wins, not two years WSU lost to UCLA 47-7, now its 28-23. The alumni was very divided on Wulff, myself and two of my friends who went to the Utah game, were divided about whether Wulff was going to get fired. And as alumni base there was a lot of division about him, and that doesn't sit well with the AD and the school who want everyone united. If the Cougs go bowling next year and win 7-9 games next season, I will remember who recruited those players and who should be given their due.

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Rich Rod to Zona, Mike Leach to Wazzu........Jim Tressel to UCLA? Then all the recently displaced/disgraced coaches will have jobs in the Pac-12.

6. dakota7

Or Joe Paterno maybe??

7. dakota7

I'm only joking around of course.......

8. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

my guess..... with Wazzu's current talent (lots of good receivers and some small, fast HBs and underrated QBs) Leach will have success chucking it around year one, especially if Tuel is healthy all year, somewhere between 8-5 and 10-3 and he will be hailed as the savior while he wins games with all of the players that Wulff recruited and developed through the bad years, Leach takes over a team that, while not elite, is not devoid of talent, especially at QB and WR where he is most likely to get the most out of them....

9. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

It's going to take Leach more than 1 season to get his players in place to run that offense. Plus, last I checked the Cougar D wasn't all that amazing either.

He'll get a couple wins, but not bowl eligible year one. 4-8.

10. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Yeah maybe...... but I think Jeff Tuel is very underrated, if he can stay healthy (has logged lots of injury time last two years) I see them being really good on offense. 8-5 isn't unreasonable, I would have said 6-7 wins for Wulff next year if he stayed, If you take a look the cougs have some talent, they just need to stay healthy and have better coaching. Some of this definitely depends on who the D coordinator is and what scheme they run

11. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Just keep Washington State shed free :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Or Craig James son's free :)

13. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

They were already top 10 in passing correct?

gowazzucougs

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

They lost to UCLA, thats all you need to know ;)

15. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Sorry for not getting that game in against boda. Now the only activity here is on a program that has won 9 games in the last 4 years.

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

No worries...hopefully you guys can go tonight. We can blame MexiRican35 for the schedule, thats what I would do :D

17. Cheez

He would. He blamed me the year I made the schedule :)

18. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Blame the hotel for screwing up the reservation, too. mboda - I have another game at 5:30 pacific, so I'm good after 7:00 pacific. What time works for you?

19. Cheez

no.

no, that's MexiRican35 's fault too

20. KnightNoles

21. Cheez

KnightNoles

only because in the grand scheme of things Washington State is irrelevant. Ergo, nobody really cares.

sorry cougs.

22. KnightNoles

Cheez

if Wash St is irrelevant then what is Illinois?

23. Cheez

a team that has actually been to a bcs bowl. 2, in fact.

they're also a team that was really competitive through the first half of the season, until Ron Zook started implementing his 2 qb system and threw the offense completely out of whack.

24. KnightNoles

with my 9,000th post....

So was Washington State back in the Leaf era and might have had an argument for a Title..

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

25. Cheez

With my 3,218th post....

Who cares? It's Washington State.

Again, sorry cougs.