Booms and Busts

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Who'd ya get?

It was a down year for the Irish. I only got two fives (Easy, and then Texas took my third(s). Bastards.) and the fives I got came in at 81 and 78. I got a four star 66 at HB (who I can't cut - at least not this year) but overall, I have to say these guys will play. It's just going to be a big redshirt year for the Irish. These guys need to cook a bit longer.

2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

All my 4-stars were in the low 70's, which wasn't surprising considering that only two were ranked in the Top 150. Nearly all of this class will be red-shirted, so I'm hoping they at least progress like 4-stars! Hopefully this 5-star recruiting season will bear greater fruit.

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

:5stars: TE Joel Woods came in at 81 OVR
    :5stars: G Matt Everson came in at 79 OVR
    :4stars: QB Rick Chance came in at 77 OVR 81 SPD
    Couple of LBs and CBs come in above 75 OVR

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

Booms
    Aaron McDonald 82 ovr. QB throw pow 94
    Keon Irons 82 ovr. T 85 str.
    Dan Greene 84 ovr. 89 str. Jucco
    Reggie McNeal 80 ovr P
    Corey Murray 3* 91 spd.

Bust
    Willie Douglas 66 ovr. 4*
    Jason Livingston 73 ovr. 4* G
    Larry Johnson 73 ovr. 4* C
    Sean Alexander 74 4* CB
    Steven Fisher 74 ovr. 4* TE

5. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

My juco guys really came through. Three star qbs at 82 and 80 then a three star MLB at 80.

My four star HB sucks though. 74 OVR with 80 speed and 80 acc.

6. bdub

bdub Walk On

I didn't get a single guy who is over 75...Stupid 4* all stuck half the time.

7. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Same here-(none over 73) would kill for interest from at least one 5star

8. bdub

bdub Walk On

Yeah me to and I don't think either of us did well enough to move up in prestige.

9. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

You should try for some of those JUCO guys. I know they come in most often as Juniors but I found three guys late in the season that had no other schools interested in them and was able to easily sign them. They were all three star players around the 500th ranked player mark and each of them came in at 80+ OVR. For a team looking to get instant impact from a recruit those would be a great boon.

10. bdub

bdub Walk On

Good idea. I normally don't check for new recruits every week but I may start doing that.

11. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I find that the JUCO guys often go into weeks 6,7,8 without seeing any interest. People tend to shy away from a guy that only has two years of elligibility left. If you take some time to look over them and check out their ratings in categories you can find some real gems.

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I had to make this a part of my strategy last year. I was going to lose both starting corners, and only had three true freshman left on the roster. That's all. I went after a four star juco kid from Utah right from day one. I got him, he's an 84, and my second starter. One of my freshmen jumped from 78 to 85, and is filling the other spot, and another jumped to an 83, and will play nickel. I went from a bare cupboard to a bit of depth by taking that juco kid. I also did this on the D-Line, where switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 made me thin. I got a four and three star juco prospects, who came in over 80, to be my backups, so I can redshirt my freshmen, who both ended up being in the 70s. juco kids are worth a look, especially if you're thin.