Booting Vote - BigSmooth (Atlanta)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Booting Vote - BigSmooth (Atlanta)

Claven is out of town so I'll bring this NFC Matter up....,

We've had complaints about him before, including from Nate.

Now this week he just flat out quits his contest in the middle of the game, forcing 49ers to finish against the CPU. BigSmooth is not denying this.

This is against everything we stand for as a league. Honestly, I am ok with a little cheese here and there as long as the owners are active (Ox for example)....but quitting is just flat wrong and should be dealth with harshly.

We have three different owners rearing to go (the two on the waiting list and TankWillis from Mega wants to quit Mega and come here full time)......

I say its time to boot this cat and set an example that quitting is NOT allowed in the OMFL.

Let's vote board.

I vote BOOT.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

From Big Smooth:

" little tied up right now
    I'll give a run down
    long story short I quit... 45 picks and the tired of defending playaction bootlegs right or power left or fb dive"

-----------------------

That doesn't constitute a valid reason for quitting, if anything it makes him look worse because he quit just becaue he was losing.

My vote stands as BOOT

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

More text of my convo with Big Smooth:

" so his gameplay was whatever... my stance on stupid repetitive playcalls is I'll figure it out and beat them... more just frustrated there
    real problem was on the last pick
    he danced back and forth across the endzone line then back ten yards then dove got back up then finally ran out of bounds
    bigsmooth3329 3:13 pm
    it was taunting in my opinion
    was already up a butt load just score off the stupid pick already
    I didn't have anyone near him for miles and he just danced away
    sterlingcoug 3:14 pm
    he says he dove so he wouldn't score then you never came to tackle him so he ran out of bounds
    bigsmooth3329 3:14 pm
    I was pissed and quit
    sterlingcoug 3:14 pm
    he says it was near midfield
    bigsmooth3329 3:14 pm
    about my 15
    that's all fine and well he said/ she said
    sterlingcoug 3:15 pm
    ok.....well i'll forward this to the board....but regardless quitting is a big no no
    bigsmooth3329 3:15 pm
    i felt it was blatant taunting
    sterlingcoug 3:15 pm
    i know we've had some complaints on him before, so we'll take that into consideration
    bigsmooth3329 3:16 pm
    I'm not going to deal with that... that's why I sought out this league to get away from crap like that
    I almost sold my copy of madden and banned it for life until I found omfl
    sterlingcoug 3:17 pm
    i totally understand
    bigsmooth3329 3:18 pm
    I mean look at the scoring... up 49-0 at half...
    sterlingcoug 3:18 pm
    trust me I have played my share of cheesers even here in the OMFL and I get as frustrated as anybody. i've learned you just need to finish the game and then file a complaint. we as a board usually do a great job of taking care of these issues"

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

We need to take proper course of action which constitutes following our reprimand and warning system.

Has he had any official warnings or reprimands?

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I just logged in and checked my email. BigSmooth filed a complaint against the 49ers for this game. Here is the complaint:

Game with Dritsch was a blowout...

I found his gameplay semi cheesy, but mostly unsim.

Twins left playaction boot right to Vernon Davis, dive right with FB and truck sticking, or power left truck stick with Donald Brown.

This wasn't that big of a deal really, as my feeling is always that a generic money play call only guy against me will eventually lose as I'll figure his plays out as long as I don't turn the ball over, but I did, oh well.

On defense, no complaints other than an apparent 1-5-5 defensive formation... Kind of bunk.

My absolute biggest and only real complaint was on his last interception of Matt Ryan.

He picked it off and danced back and forth from the goal line, side line to side line when he had an open endzone, as to taunt me.

I can take an ass kicking but don't need some punk to rub it in.
    I made changes to my plans to accomodate his busy schedule and he taunted me.

So, I quit. I'd rather enjoy my holiday off work doing work around the house.

If this is an acceptable action then I'm not interested in this league.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Both probably need official warnings.

We have a rule in place about running those crazy defenses(1-5-5 & 3-3-5) as base defenses.

Smooth's complaint about Dritsch dancing sideline to sideline is probably a little embelished.

This wouldnt be the first complaint on Dritsch's either.

7. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Well first of all lets be honest here. 56-0 is alot of scoring on one mans part. The Niners have lost one game this season with dritcsh at the helm. Theres got to be some cheese in his play, just has to. His next opponent should be informed of what to look for to see if he is doing things cheesy.

BigSmooth was probably just mad that he was getting his ass kicked and figured he was being taunted. You cannot quit. I vote boot. If you want to give him one more chance that thats ok, but we do have people on the list and setting this example should keep people from doing it even more so.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

We are deadlocked. We need Nate to weigh in on this....especially since he's played BigSmooth before and had some issues.

9. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I played Big Smooth a week or 2 ago. I dont know if it was because I was on the board or not, but he did not play cheesy when we played. My friend Sam played the niners at my house about 3 weeks ago and I watched. Sam was up 13-3 at half and dominating the game. In the second half of the game, Dritsch went total cheese. The ran about 2 passing plays the whole second half mixed in with a few runs to set it up. On def he ran all the trick defenses he could and i dont think Sam scored that second half. He would throw a screen to Crabtree with twin sets or the throw that Smooth complained about to Davis. Sam didn't want o file a complaint after, but he was pretty pissed off. He should have won that game, but you can only stop that Crabtree play so many times before he finally breaks one. I would say that Dritsch should get a warning on his gameplay. I am sure Sam would say the same thing as Smooth if asked. Quitting the the game is something that should be warned against to IMO. I also dont like in his messge that he said "if this is how you play here, i dont want to be in this league." Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in with what I know.

10. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I have talked to emmofisk (who's opinion I hold very high) and he has had a very long talk with falcons owner about his game play. falcons owner thinks what he done me (which was total unsim) was ok, but listened to emmo and actually changed his game play. Emmo said his game this week was total sim and very straight. I am all for giving him another shot (even though i dont like him) since he seems to be cleaning up his game play.

If 9ers is really this cheesy (i take web's words as gold) then he needs a talking to asap.

I say both guys get a warning. bigsmooth for quitting (huge no no, can never happen again) and 9ers for game play.

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

Yah, I just think that blantantly quitting a game, and then acting like it was OK to do it is pretty disturbing. I agree with the stuff about Dirtch tho too.

12. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

this is what i sent bigsmooth
    he's on 'away' so i'll let you guys know what he says when i hear from him.

13. Big D

Big D Walk On

Ok sounds good. I'll talk to Dirtch since Claven is gone.

14. Big D

Big D Walk On

bump to top for Nate to see