bored at work

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by mcyork, Jun 3, 2009.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

bored at work

Just walked over to borders and picked up the new lindys college preview. My hurricanes are ranked 35th which I understand new oc new dc lot of youth but I look at the top 10 and wonder why VA TECH is ranked 5th?
    1 UF
    2 UT
    3 OU
    4 USC
    5 VT
    6 LSU
    7 BAMA
    8 OSU
    9 OLE MISS
    10 OK ST
    As I examined the top 25 it occured to me that outside the top 4 the rest of the teams have holes big holes even ou and usc will have some holes to fill (ou=ol, usc=new QB) so my question being if not va tech what team would you put at 5th.

2. jfosh

jfosh Super

Replacing a QB at USC is not quite the same as replacing a QB at another program. The QB is basically taking over a Ferrari. His job is just not to crash it and if he does that his car wins the race.

Edit: June 9th, apparently.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

One of my Top 20 favorite days of the year is when the Phil Steele preview is released.... Wonder when that is.

4. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I looked for that one 1st not out yet at least in Louisville

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL I edited Josh's thread instead of my own. Very nice.

Phil Steele comes out on the 9th

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, Steele does by far the best job on nailing down the recruiting part, which I completely dig...

7. Pryor 2

Pryor 2 Guest

If not Virginia Tech I would have to put in Ole Miss. Why not? They finished the year last year as one of the top teams in the nation. Yeah they do play in the toughest conference in the SEC but they handled a supposivley National Championship contending team in Texas Tech last year in the cotton bowl pretty handely. And they also return I believe 18 out of 22 starters with one of the top QB's in the nation Sam Snead.

8. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I usually pick up Athlon's preview. Hmmm..Penn St didnt make it in the Top 10 ?

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Don't you mean Jevan and I can see your point with Ole Miss they have as good a shot as any their toughest away game in the sec is auburn. they get lsu,tenn,bama and arkansas at home.