Borussia Dortmund FC - Die Schwarzgelben

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by Krebstar425, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

[​IMG]

Hopefully there will be a club sub-forum in the league one forum, then this can be moved there. But for now, I figured I shall just stash it here.

Season Goals
    The goal will obviously be promotion from league one, but that will be no easy task. Given the competition I've faced so far in friendlies, I will be happy with finishing in the top 5. While lack of promotion would be a major blow, something else can be achieved by getting off to a fast start in the league.

Qualification for the Champions League is a real possibility for the squad and it's a very exciting one. At this point, playing in the group stages of the Champions League and not being promoted to the Premier League would be a big accomplishment. To qualify for the Champions League, the squad must be in the top 16 of TFL in total points. This could mean a few wins could place this squad firmly into another cup competition.

Philosophy
    Borussia Dortmund FC will be dedicated to playing disciplined football, both offensively and defensively. The first priority is to not allow the opposition to score and the second is to create goal scoring chances using free flowing football. Youth will be playing a major role in the squad as players such as Mario Gotze and Shinji Kagawa will be regular starters.

Fixtures & Results

[​IMG]

Squad & Ground
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

Word coming out of Dortmud is that 18 year old Mario Götze will continue to feature in the starting eleven once the season kicks off. He's been impressive in his attacking midfield role, helping to push forward the attack and supply teammates with plenty of chances.

Götze started the preseason playing on the left side of the midfield, but has since swapped positions with Shinji Kagawa.

Kagawa has also been a shining example of the Dortmund youth this preseason, scoring on multiple occasions and often dribbling by and through defenders. Word is that Kagawa will remain on the left side of the formation, but could still float in the middle when needed.

The other young player who won a starting position in the preseason and who now looks to remain in that role is Kevin Großkreutz. That spot was won after Kuba became a much better fit coming off the bench to utilize his intense pace late in games when the opposition is worn down.

Lastly, there is the Polish striker Robert Lewandoski, who has started the last three games in a set with Liverpool, but only due to Dortmund playing with two strikers up front. As for now, if one striker remains up top it's expected to be the more proven and clinical Lucas Barrios.

The star of the youngsters will most likely remain to be Götze, though. He's shown his pace and creativity can greatly help the squad and at this point it would be hard to see him not in the starting eleven.

[​IMG]

Borussia Dortmund captain and defending midfielder, Sebastian Kehl has warned his teammates their defense must improve if they are to gain promotion from 1. Liga. At times this preseason, they've been very suspect at letting players slip behind the back line, thus creating easy goal scoring situations.

Kehl has stated that as long as everyone stays more disciplined, they can succeed, but it will be no easy task as the attacking forces in 1. Liga are just as ferocious as those found in Liga Premier. He noted their recent preseason performance against Liverpool in which out of a three game set, they held Liverpool to one goal in the first game and none in the third. However, in the second they allowed Fernando Torres to score a hat trick.

[​IMG]

There was one other Dortmund player speaking out and it was the first choice striker, Lucas Barrios. In a recent interview, he said he's not only pleased with his preseason form, but also that of his teammates. He even want on to set a goal target for himself in 1. Liga. Barrios claimed that in the upcoming 18 game schedule, he thinks he could accumulate no less than 10 goals. With him poised to start each game, it could be an achievable task, but will certainly not be an easy one.

In several preseason games so far Barrios has been shut down, but in others he's shined. Whether it's long strikes or headers from corners, he has found the net no less than ten times. However, that is just preseason. Plus, if the other promising striker Robert Lewandowski starts up front as well, that could mean less service for Barrios.

However, he made it clearly known that his concern is winning.

"I want to score goals, but I want to win more. If we won the league and I didn't score any goals, I'd be very happy."

3. Krebstar425

Quick compilation of three goals form Dortmund's preseason campaign. First of many videos to come as the 1. Liga season gets close. Hopes are that all Dortmund goals will be posted.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Krebstar425

[​IMG]
    Earlier today, Borussia Dortmund FC faced their biggest loss of the preseason, as they were dominated by FC Porto, 5-0 in Portugal. Dortmund were tormented throughout the entire game by Falcao, who scored two goals in the win for Porto. However, after the game there was just as much attention on the tackle on him that was inflicted by Dortmund defender, Mats Hummels. The tackle which occurred late in the game only earned Hummels a yellow card, but it easily could've been red.​
    After the game, when asked about the challenge, Hummels responded to the media by saying...​
    "I was frustrated. I meant no harm and regret making the challenge."
    Dortmund manager, Jürgen Klopp, who will soon be doing a large speaking engagement with the media, said that he thinks the player learned his lesson for now. Klopp also stated that he does not support his players making overly aggressive tackles and that sometimes they can occur when facing such tough opposition that is frustrating.​
    No matter how much heat Hummels is getting for the tackle, it could still be worse as for a few moments Falcao laid motionless on the field. If an injury were suffered, there definitely would've been more heat on Hummels, especially due to it being preseason.​

The main talking point coming out of the game is still the massive 5-0 loss. It's the worst loss Dortmund have endured this preseason and came at a time when it seemed the pieces were falling into place in terms of the upcoming season.

Dortmund manager, Jürgen Klopp, is expected to address the entire preseason as well as his tactical plans for the upcoming season, very soon.

5. Krebstar425

[​IMG]
    Borussia Dortmund rounded out the preseason with two final games in the past several days, as they avenged their 5-0 defeat against FC Porto, by defeating the same side in Portugal by the score of 1-2. Shinji Kagawa started it all off for Dortmund, with a strike from outside the box that hit the post and went into the goal. Porto were eventually able to get a goal back, but in the final minutes, Lucas Barrios got a lucky ball to bounce in to give Dortmund the victory and revenge after the massive defeat only days ago.
    Dortmund's final preseason test was next up, against Juventus in Italy. This was the second of two Premier League sides Dortmund faced in a matter of days and they could not capture the same magic they had in Portugal. After a very tight defensive game, Dortmund lost 1-0, but had their heads high after the game. Dortmund manager Jürgen Klopp said after the game he was very proud of his team for stay so close to a Premier League side.
    Those two games ended the preseason for Dortmund, as they now prepare for the opening fixture on February 8th, against Benefica. Still look for the upcoming article with Dortmund manager Jürgen Klopp as he recaps the preseason and discusses plans for the upcoming season.
    Also, Dortmund fixtures have been released and can be viewed in the first post.

6. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

Borussia Dortmund 1 - 4 Benefica
    There was nothing pretty about the result at Signal Iduna Park in Dortmund's opening fixture of the campaign. The squad looked flat and unprepared, as they were down by four goals at one point. Only Mario Götze's late goal was a bright spot, as the youngster netted his first goal of the season.​
    Dortmund Manager, Jürgen Klopp, stated after the game that he felt his team were very nervous and once they went down tried too hard to catch back up instead of playing their style of football. He also made a point to say that while he felt his team did not perform, he felt Benefica played a fantastic game and thinks they'll fair well in the rest of the season.​
    Most of the players were very tight lipped after the game, with only a few making comments. None said anything other than they were looking forward to the next game against fellow German opposition Bayer Leverkusen.​
    Captain Sebastian Kehl did promise that the team would play much, much better in the next game, though.​

7. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

Bayer Leverkusen 1 - 2 Borussia Dortmund
    Dortmund have picked up their first points of the season after defeating Leverkusen earlier today. The game saw Lucas Barrios kick off his goal scoring campaign with two first half strikes, as the young striker continues to set his sights on the league scoring title as well as promotion for his team.​
    "We can win promotion. To be one of the top three teams at the end of eighteen games isn't too much to ask for this team. We have sixteen games left to show what we can do. If we don't gain promotion, I will be sad, but I'll know we did what we could."
    Barrios' confidence wasn't completely mirrored by the even younger Mario Gotze, who had a fantastic game controlling the ball for Dormund.​
    "We can finish in the top three, but there is a long way to go. There are too many great teams to say we'll be one of the best at the end, but we certainly have a shot."
    Leverkusen's only goal came from a beautiful header from Michael Ballack, but Dortmund held on for three points. They looked like a different squad after their opening game defeat and also were more ferocious on defense, as they constantly clogged passing lanes and disrupted the opponents rhythm.​
    [​IMG]
    Dortmund Manager, Jürgen Klopp has come out today and said the rest of the league should fear not only the attacking skills of his young side, but their defensive skills as well.​
    "I can say with great confidence that we're a very tough team to defend. Also, we're very hard to get past in the final third. We play as one and without selfishness. We're capable of beating each team in this league if we play our game and our tempo."
    Klopp went on to say by no means is he saying his side will win the league, just that they posses the talent to do so. When asked if other teams should fear his side, Klopp said:​
    "Absolutely. We have great pace and are very disciplined defensively. I would hate to play us."
    Klopp said their opening game defeat to Benefica by the score of 1-4 was not something he expects to see again.​
    "I don't think we'll lose that badly again. Will we lose again? I'm sure of it. That is the nature of this game. However, I don't see us being beaten that badly. Do not expect it."
    Finally, Klopp was asked where he thinks his side will finish when it's all said and done. His response was simple:​
    "Near the top."

8. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

Borussia Dortmund manager, Jürgen Klopp used his press conference after today's training session to send a message to the league executives. When asked about the recent events which have seen Valencia pull out of the league for the time being, Klopp had the following to say:

"It's absurd. Not only those who are in charge of Valencia, but those who run the league have severely hurt the integrity of the Champions League.

At the beginning of the season, they said the top sixteen clubs after two weeks will qualify for the Champions League. Now, they've pushed it to after three weeks to be more fair. However, they're now saying there will be nine clubs in league one after Valencia left.

This means league one teams will now play less games than those in the Premier League. This means we have less of a chance to qualify for the Champions League. We have all been mistreated and will all suffer. All of us in league one.

If nothing is done to fix this, then I see an extremely tainted Champions League."

When asked what could be done, Klopp said:

"I do not know for sure. I just hope something can be done. Perhaps there can be a few spots set aside for league one teams since we're now at a disadvantage. The Premier League plays six games, we play five. It's just not fair."

When asked if he felt the league was playing favorites, with the Premier League being treated better, Klopp disagreed.

"No, I do not think so. If one of their teams pulled out, they would feel the same as we do."

Finally, Klopp was asked for his thoughts on Valencia.

"They're a disgrace at this point. I have no respect for the club or management. To simply pull out of a league at this moment is not only disrespectful, but dishonorable."

• Like Like x 2
  9. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Perhaps Klopp can ask his friends, OS or other, if they are interested in taking the now vacated slot.

10. Krebstar425

A spokesman for Jürgen Klopp said he's looking into such options. :)

11. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I'm loving your club page Kreb.. Awesome stuff!

To be fair though, I think League 1 will still have 8 teams that qualify, the loss of Valencia just makes it easier for all of you.. Not that they would have been much of a challenge anyway [​IMG]

12. hedache

hedache Walk On

I think we should figure out a way to carry the responses to club page material in the pitch forum so that club pages only consist of information posted by the club. That would be nice. And yes I know I'm contradicting with what I suggest but since his club page is already messed up with the discussion I figured I can add to it :)

Maybe start a new thread when you want to say something about a club page and include the link to this post on top of your response thread?

13. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I think it works fine this way.

14. Krebstar425

I'm alright with it. I like seeing responses right after the content and what not.

15. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

Dortmund manager Jürgen Klopp has spoken out for a second day in a row over the controversy which saw Valencia leave TFL, putting league one in a troubling situation with only nine remaining teams. While Klopp lashed out at the league and Valencia yesterday, today he focused his anger more towards Valencia.

"This week we're supposed to play them in Spain. Now, we might be staying home. We're working on arranging a friendly, as I want my team to continue to get games in. We wouldn't have this issue if it were not for the betrayal of Valencia and those who run the club."

Klopp was asked if he thought only playing one game this week would hurt his team and he quickly responded.

"Absolutely. I think we would've beaten them and taken three points. It would help ensure that we can qualify for the Champions League."

Klopp then was asked again about the league and their role in the situation. This time, he was more forgiving and understanding.

"I know they're doing what they can. Extending the qualification period for the Champions League helps, so now everyone in league one will play the same amount of games before the qualification.

The large percent of my anger is placed on Valencia, not the league. A small portion is on the league, but that is just to spread it all around."

Klopp ended the last comment with a smile and said he was off to help his team continue to train for their match against Bordeaux.

16. hedache

hedache Walk On

Tell Klopp our club is always open for friendlies if he needs more match practice for his players. I need some friendlies to prepare for the world after transfer update.

17. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

The discussions over who is and is no longer in the TFL League 1 continued today as Jürgen Klopp once again spoke on the matter. Klopp said it would be his last time discussing it as the situation has resolved itself and he as well as the rest of the league wants to move on.

"We had fears but they are now gone. I'm glad that we can move on and I'm thrilled with how quickly it was resolved."

When Klopp was asked if this made him confident of the league, he said:

"Definitely. I was confident before, but this has made them look even better in my eyes. Was I critical? Absolutely. However, they responded and have done a fine job. I'm very happy to have my club here. We're in safe hands."

Before the press conference, it was revealed CSKA Moscow would be the newest club entering the league. Klopp was asked for his thoughts on the club:

"I don't want to say too much, as we play them this week. I think they'll be a challenge for everyone, though. I look forward to welcoming them to the league this week."

Borussia Dortmund have a home game against Bordeaux and will travel to Moscow this week, be sure to check back for full details following those fixtures.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

Borussia Dortmund 2 - 0 Bordeaux
    Week two in the TFL 1. Liga has started with Dortmund picking up where they left off. Dortmund welcomed the French squad Bordeaux to Signal Induna Park and made sure they left with zero points. The defense was sharp all afternoon, with a very scary headed opportunity in the first few minutes. After that, Dortmund's marking tightened and they fought to stop every cross from coming into the box.​
    The scoring opened in the 45th minute with Nuri Sahin getting on the end of a Lucas Barrios pass, after several passes prior had cut through the Bordeaux defense.​
    The scoring then continued right after the half as Mario Götze cleverly took a quick free kick which lead to Lucas Barrios picking up his third goal of the campaign.​
    A very late and hard tackle late earned Bordeaux midfielder Fahid Ben Khalfallah a yellow card. Another player who stood out for Dortmund was Nevin Subotic who continuously lead the back four by clearing crosses or stopping attackers from moving forward.

19. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

Dortmund must travel to Goodison park this week to face league leaders and favorites, Everton. Manager Jürgen Klopp today was asked about his thoughts approaching the game.

"They're a very tough side. I do not just mean in terms of getting anything from them, but physically. They can hold you off the ball and win the ball from you. We must make quick passes as we can not afford to try and run through them with the ball. It will not happen."

When asked if his side fear Everton, Klopp laughed and repliled.

"We do not fear anyone in this league or the premier league, but we have respect for those sides. We do not fear them, but we have great respect for them. They're one of the better sides, period. They're a league one side who is getting picked to do damage in the Champions League. That tells you how tough this game can be for us."

When asked to predict the result, Klopp passed at the opportunity, instead he had one last simple reply.

"It should be fun."

20. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

Everton 6 - 0 Borussia Dortmund
    It what can only be described as an embarrassment, last night Borussia Dortmund traveled to Everton and came away with the worst loss in League One history. Louis Saha scored six for Everton, as Dortmund looked lost, confused and helpless.​
    After the match, no players spoke to the media at the request of manager Jürgen Klopp, but Klopp did speak, just one statement before leaving the stage.​
    "I am not sad for myself, but sad for my players. We clearly did not play well and they're not taking the loss well. Neither am I. From here, we can only try to learn from this. We were not ready and they were. I apologize to Everton as well, as I feel we didn't even deserve to play them. They're far superior and we did not belong on the pitch with them. All we can do now is prepare for our next games and put this behind us. We must move on."
    Immediately after the game, Klopp was seen consoling several of his players, including Nuri Sahin who seemed to be taking the loss as hard as anyone else.​

21. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

VFL Wolfsburg 2 - 2 Borussia Dortmund
    It wasn't the three points that Dortmund fans were hoping for, but it was still a step towards bouncing back from what is being called the Gutting at Goodison by Dortmund fans. Lucas Barrios scored one equalizer and Shinji Kagawa scored another to draw newcomers Wolfsburg.​
    The game was a make up game from last week and many Dortmund fans were hoping not having to travel out of the country would help their team bounce back from the game with Everton. However, the team still seemed sluggish as some points and gave up an early header and a later goal that defender Neven Subotic wasn't very impressed with.​
    "It looked like a complete accident to me. It was a cross that swerved in the air and somehow landed in the goal. I think they got lucky on that one. They should be thanking the wind."
    Subotic was more complimentary of the first goal, though.​
    "It was a good header. One of those that you almost can not defend."
    The jury is still out on whether this Dortmund side are for real after these last two games, but at least in this game they've shown improvement. A win against Zenit St. Petersburg in Dortmund could be huge for the squad. It would put them at 10 points out of a possible 18 and near the top of the table. However, if their form does not improve they could be lucky to grab another draw.​

22. Krebstar425

[​IMG]
    Borussia Dortmund 0 - 0 Zenit St. Petersburg
    In what was a fairly straight forward game, Dortmund at least came away with a point. It was the first 0-0 draw of the season in League One and hopefully for the Dortmund fans, the last. On the bright side, another point was picked up in the crucial race for Champions League qualification.​
    [​IMG]
    Borussia Dortmund 2 - 1 Galartasaray
    After one horrific 6-0 loss, a 2-2 draw and a 0-0 draw, Dortmund has found a way to win again. This time against Galartasaray at Signal Iduna Park.​
    The game's first goal came after Lucas Barrios scored, but soon after Galartasaray equalized. It was on the stroke of halftime that Dortmund pulled ahead for the rest of the game, as Mario Götze scored a headed goal off a cross from Kuba.​
    For the second half, Dortmund were able to hold on by keeping possession and making very few mistakes. Manager Jürgen Klopp was very complimentary of is team following the game.​
    "We played very well. We held possession and that is what we want to do. How we played today is how I always expect us to play. Not only the result, but the way we went about the game. We attacked but were cautious and held the ball but always did something with it.
    This was a very important game for us. Hopefully we can carry the feeling through the Fulham game. My goal this week was absolutely four points and we already have three of them. So perhaps now I will change my goal to six points.
    Galartasaray are a good side and to beat them means a lot for us. It shows us that we are not the team everyone saw the last few games."

23. Krebstar425

[​IMG]
    Fulham 2 - 1 Borussia Dortmund
    Dortmund's troubles in England continue as they fell tonight in London to Fulham. Dortmund controlled the entire game with dominant possession, but two late goals were enough to see them once again drop points. Manger Jürgen Klopp was seen defiant in the face of the fourth official near the end of the game, as he grew continuously angry with the what he felt were clear fouls not being called on his team.​
    Immediately after the game, Klopp refused to give much of a statement but only said the following.​
    "I'm frustrated with this league and with the style it breeds and promotes. We can not play football in this league. It's evolved into more than that, in a very negative way. Why pass the ball when you can tackle again and again. I don't have much to say. I'm disgusted."
    Klopp did say much more, however, following the game in his press conference. Full coverage of that soon, as it was something not to miss.​

24. Krebstar425

[​IMG]
    It didn't take long, but Jürgen Klopp is already re-thinking his critique of League One. After his rant following Dortmund's 2-1, loss, Klopp has again spoke to the media and had something different to say.​
    "Perhaps instead of expecting something from everyone else, we should expect something different from us. Maybe we could adapt more.
    I don't want to offend and it wasn't my goal. If I did, then I apologize. I'm open to discussing it all further if other teams have more to say on it, but my goal was not to offend create issues. I see now that I may have done just that, though."

25. hedache

hedache Walk On

Since Krebs is slow posting stuff these days, I figured I can contribute​

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.