Boston College vs Ole Miss

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Pac12Leader, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Boston College vs Ole Miss

Great game against Boston College that paired the dynamic passing game of the Eagles to the power running game of Runnin Rebels.

Both teams had some jitters to start the season off and were forced to punt on their first drives, but Ole Miss broke it open with a 55 yard run from Enrique Davis. Coaches are really excited about this kid after redshirting him last year and he showed why after rushing for 162 yards and 2TD's on 11 carries. Erin Andrews caught up with him after the game and asked what he thought about his 14.7 yard rushing average which he said "I'm disappointed in myself, because I'm trying to take it to the house on every run, and I only got loose a couple times today."

Last year's Doak Walker Award Winner - Brandon Bolden, combined with Enrique Davis should present some nightmares for opposing defensive coordinators this season.

After Davis' big run the Boston College passing game was working its way up field and scored on a beautiful 29 yard post that beat the cornerback, but not before the bruising wide receiver trucked the safety just to let him know who's boss. The running game went right back to work where it left off and Raymond Cotton scampered for a 38 yard touchdown run.

Boston College did not want to be playing catch up against the Rebels and went right back to the air to the big tight end who caught everything that came his way. The Eagles scored with 2:59 on the clock and thought that they had a great chance if they could get a stop before halftime, but Raymond Cotton decided to show that he has a capable passing game and found Pat Patterson behind the secondary for a 35 yard gain before he was caught from behind. Once they were on the Eagles side of the field they hit the ground running again and scored with one minute to play in the half to go up 21-14.

With Ole Miss getting the ball in the second half they wanted to milk the clock early, but they had to settle on a field goal on their drive to put the score at 24-14. The young Rebel defense held their ground and was able to stop Boston College and get the ball back to their clock burners. They did not disappoint with a long three minute and thirty second drive that was capped off by a 7 yard QB keeper to make it 31-14.

Boston College made things interesting after they scored in less than two minutes and held Ole Miss at midfield to get the ball back. Ole Miss' punter (and potential all-american) booted one from the 49 that dropped at the four yard line and spun backwards to give the Eagles the ball at their own four yard line. After almost taking a sack the Eagles were able to find their WR on an out route that netted them 25 yards and took them away from their end zone. They were able to go all the way to the 15 yard line before Kyle Horine picked off a pass and ran it back 41 yards to midfield. Ole Miss was just trying to burn the clock, but a run off-tackle led Enrique Davis to break two tackles and embarrass a would-be tackling cornerback who's ego was completely shattered on the way to a 51 yard rush by Davis.

Boston College's head coach vowed for revenge as Ole Miss will be traveling to BC next year.

There are highlights on the EA website, but I can't get into The Uprising league and link them.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

nice win!

3. YaBoiPatza

YaBoiPatza Walk On

good write up