Boston Redsox Position themselves for a 2011 Championship!

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Nautica, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

ESPN.Com

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=5901372

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Boston Red Sox manager Terry Francona called left fielder Carl Crawford a game-changer. Turns out he might have been guilty of understatement.
    Between the multitalented Crawford, who a source confirmed came to terms Wednesday night on a seven-year, $142 million deal with Boston, and slugging first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, acquired by trade last weekend from San Diego and in line for his own seven-year deal for an estimated $154 million, the Red Sox appear set for the next decade.

2. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Meh, they basically just replaced Adrian Beltre and Victor Martinez. It's a slight upgrade but I wouldn't crown them.

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

really i would say they r huge upgrades. if u compare stats over the last 2years it would definitley suggest that they made major upgrades. espn says they r now the team to beat.

4. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

A lot can happen. Injuries killed them this season not talent.

5. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Baseball needs a salary cap...this is why people like football more than baseball. The parity in the NFL makes every season exciting. In baseball you may only see one team in the postseason that was not there the previous season. It was a nice surprise to see the Giants win it this year, but it was a fluke. Going into next season, we can assume that teams like the Yankees, Red Sox and Phillies will all make the postseason and that one of them will most likely end up being champs.

6. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Redsox!?!?!

boooooooo