Bouncer's Perspective

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by thebouncer24, Jan 15, 2014.

1. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

Jul 1, 2011
    Week 1​

It's apparent Hard Knocks is a great league filled with great users. But the real question is why do we actually love HK? Well week 1 really shows us why HK is an elite league, you have every scenario play out in week 1. A revenge seeking QB traded from TEN to STL for a 2nd rounder lights up the score board with big plays. Oh big plays? KC knows big plays all too well, as all 4 TDs were consisted of (56 run, 43 yard pass, KO ret, scoop and score). Turnovers? Minnesota knows that all too well, 5 ints in week 1 followed closely by Big Ben with 4. We've had blowouts (45-7), we've had close games (16-15), we've even had comebacks (down 7-20; wins 24-20). This league has greatness, the above stats doesn't even show that we played 10 or 12 games in the first night of the advance. Greatness.

So now let's reflect on the games played week 1. Keep in mind, I may have insight on some of these games more than others, I mainly just look at stats and hope that stats can tell the full story, we begin with a game that I had to research a little more.

SD @ KC
    A true definition of stats can lie. Pure Domination on one side vs Big Plays. Big plays won this week.
    344 total yards vs 176 total yards. Doesn't matter KC got 2 huge breaks followed up with 2 huge plays​
    HOU @ TEN
    Turnovers kill a team, especially pick 6's.
    No Run D in Houston could stop CJ​
    MIN @ ARI
    Turnovers again kill a team. Especially 5 of them. Can't escape giving the other team the ball.
    Peyton is welcomed to Arizona with a rather light load on his shoulders. Old man slowing down?​
    PHI @ PIT
    Defensive showcase in Pittsburgh. Turnovers were the difference in the game.
    A whole crew getting touches on the ground for Pittsburgh​
    DET @ STL
    Offensive explosion, led by a traded QB. Appears to be searching for revenge.
    Defense held their own as well.​
    WAS @ ATL
    Statistically even, both able to find success running. The better QB today won. ​
    JAX @ CIN
    The comeback, that looks like they weren't afraid to keep with AP when down 7-20.
    Mike Vick saw some action​
    NE @ MIA
    Close game, rushing attack vs passing attack. Clock management won this week.
    Maybe different story if NE were to change the 2 INTs​
    NO @ CAR
    Saints had the edge on stats, even though it was very close.
    Better execution on 3rd down was the difference.​
    IND @ BAL
    Classic case of a team shutting down the run, team ensues to throw, throws picks.
    The better balanced team won this week. Clock management.​
    DAL @ NYG
    Dallas is becoming that exciting team to watch, epic playoff games in season 1. Now a 1 point victory.
    Failure to execute 3rd down proved costly to Dallas as they won the stat battle.
    Appears they made a huge 4th down stop, possibly late in the game.​
    TB @ DEN
    Season 1 SB winner vs Season 2 "sim" SB Winner.
    Life without Peyton looks cloudy, 14 points.​
    GB @ CHI
    Total Domination, Chicago sending a statement.
    Appear to got out big early and then pounded the rock and played great D.
    Games yet to be played:
    OAK @ CLE - would be a fun one to watch, unsure if this game is getting played. Feel i'd have to go with the home team on this one though.

NYJ @ BUF - being scheduled, maybe already is? Real unfamiliar with both teams, but Buffalo looked strong in season 1. I'll have to side with them on this one.

SEA @ SF - Black will be too drunk, seattle wins.

Week 1 saw a lot of excitement. Plan to stick around for more excitement.

Give this a like if you enjoyed, comment (skeptically criticism is welcomed). I am planning on sometime in the future, maybe making this into a video type deal. Any thoughts on that? Also with the weekly podcast coming maybe this will be cut so we don't have overlapping content. Or we can feed off each other, I may be teaming with him. If not, I may continue my vision of making this into videos, then we could sort of feed off each other and as always keep it friendly.

Sorry for the rambling, I don't have time to edit it, I'm pushing my homework off long enough. I need to hop off and get that done.

Lastly, don't take any of my criticism as bashing. I see what I see and say it. KC won while being dominated. It happens, if he fails to realize that then he needs to go look at stats again. Look forward to discussing with you guys HK Weekly.

Lasty, lastly, if you guys do game summaries. It helps. A lot. A lot a lot. Stats tell a very good story, but i would have never known of the comeback in cincy if it wasn't for the post. Pictures and videos (if possible) are welcome as well for the videos as I have ideas of those as well.
    • Like Like x 9
  2. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

Jul 1, 2011
  3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Jul 22, 2009
    Great stuff bouncer. I like the effort put into this!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Jul 6, 2009
    Well done
    • Like Like x 1
  5. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Jul 12, 2013
    Let me give you a little insight on the DAL/NY game. The 4th down stop did not occur late in the game rather it happened in the 2nd qtr shortly after the safety to put the Giants up 12-0. We stopped the Giants right around midfield and facing a 4th-7 we lined up in our normal punt return formation but the G-Men had other plans as they attempted the fake punt! While we were caught completely off guard we did manage to stop the Giants one yard short of the first down. The key to the second half comeback was that our defense managed to keep New York out of scoring range and force all three Giants turnovers in the late stages of the second half. Down two points Orlando Scandrick came up with a huge INT at the 39 yard line with just over 2:30 remaining in the game and the offense was able to move the ball to a comfortable range for Dan Bailey to kick the game winning FG as time expired.
    • Like Like x 1