Bowl Bid Watch -

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Lee.Flex, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Bowl Bid Watch -

With the NCAA season coming into the back stretch, I took a look at teams that are bowl eligible, teams that are close, and teams that may be on the bubble.

Bowl Eligible

1. Tulane (8-1) : Tulane is on a terror, and may be heading to the Top 25 this week. After a huge upset win at LSU, Tulane put themselves on the map for a nice Bowl Game.

2. Air Force (7-2) : Holding CSU to 0 this week, the Falcons shows they can play some defense. At 7-2, they are bowl eligible and have the chance to end the season 9-2. Don't look for this team to be ranked anytime soon as their opponents have not helped their strength of schedule, but a Bowl Bid is almost a lock.

3. Memphis (6-2) : Memphis defeated ECU this week and are now bowl eligible. They will need to finish the season strong to become a lock, but I think its same to say we will see them in a mid-level bowl game this year.

4. Norther Illinois (5-2) : After the mid-season coaching change, NIU has turned it around. Brown is on a terror running the ball and NIU is sneaking into the Bowl race. They need to capture 1 more win to become eligible, but Im putting a "Lock" on this team getting into a Bowl Game.

5. Houston (5-2) : Houston was a popular choice to be a BCS Bowl Buster at the beginning of the season, but with 2 losses and no ranking, don't plan on seeing them in a BCS game. They need another win to get into the bowl race, but look for this team to finish strong and end with 7-8 wins.

6. Idaho (5-3) : Might be the biggest game of the year for the Vandals. They are going against a 7-0 LTech. Only 1 win away from becoming bowl eligible, unless there is an upset, we might have to wait until next week to put a lock on this team.

On the Bubble

1. Kent State (5-4) : You can't be more on the bubble than Kent State right now. with only a few games left, they will need to put up more than the eligible number of wins to get a nice bowl bid.

2. ASU (4-3) : After the coaching change, Ark State needs 2 more wins to get into the bowl eligible category. We will see in the next coming weeks how the new coach will do. This might come down to the final game vs WKU.

3. Navy (4-4) : Navy is on the bubble with 4 games left. They need to get atleast 2 of them, but it wont be easy. A game vs Air Force will test them next week, and BYU at the end of the year may be the game that determines a Bowl Spot.

Long Shots

1. WKU (3-5) : WKU is trying to get on track for a bowl bid. With 4 games left, they will almost need to win out for a bowl game. This one will come down to the final game vs ASU. Look for this game to get much attention in the league, as both teams will be clawing for a Bowl Bid.

2. Army (3-5) : Army will have a tough shot at a bowl this year. They have #4 and un-defeated Notre Dame next, and they have Navy at the end of the season. Look for this team to be competitive, but there schedule is against them. If they make a bowl, it will be one of the greatest turn arounds in Army football history, and maybe College football history.

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Is that a typo, Lee, don't we all play 12 games?

3. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I think I only have 11 this year. I will have to double check. I know for sure I have Navy, and UNLV left. Some things got mixed up with scheduling this year. Next year everyone will have 12, since I will be doing all the schedules to make sure user vs user games are set anyways.

4. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Kent State is reeling after getting blown out. The team has been hit with the injury bug at very key positions and seems to have gotten a case of the fumbleitis. Getting to a bowl game seems like a real challenge.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

With 4 key injuries at skill positions, chances of a bowl bound Arkansas State look bleak. With 5 games remaining and only 2 home games, the Red Wolves will have their most difficult challenge this season.