Bowl Game Summaries, S7

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by UofCWildcat, May 23, 2011.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]

UNLV Wins a Defensive Armed Forces Bowl

UNLV's final game of the season was one that needed to be won to stay on the incline. UNLV got a tough matchup in Tulsa and it definitely showed. "It seemed like our Oline wasn't performing to their potential after a long lay off. 6 sacks is quite the eye opener. Thankfully though, our defense was not going to let up." said Coach Beardown. MLB Adam Smith ended an amazing 4 year career at UNLV with a 10 tackle game along with a forced fumble. "I just wanted to show my thanks to Coach Beardown and the UNLV staff for having the faith in me all for years to be the best MLB i could be. I was just so excited to end my career here like i did today." Says Adam Smith. UNLV ends a terrific season with an 8-5 record.

2. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

UK 10 - Air Force 61

Several Air Force seniors ended their collegiate career on a high note with a victory over Kentucky. Air Force dominated all game and never looked back. Coach Noffke played several freshman and sophmores that will see significant playing time next season mid-way through the game. Barrett added another KO return for a score and put up solid numbers on the ground. QB Berry moved the ball well through the air against a weak UK pass defense. Air Force finished the season with a 11-2 record and hopefully they can carry this momentum to next season.

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

statement game

Very disappointed I fell all the way down to the record I had and got stuck with a purely horrific ULM opponent. right from the start, It was easy domination. Stew had a huge game with 19 solo tackles, and added a sack and FF while almost getting 3 interceptions. Martin, Brown and Hudson added sacks while Dawson grabbed his 5th INT of the year

offense was a historic day. Nearly everything Andrews completed went for a touchdown it seemed. Everrett was the deep threat and pulled in 2 scores on 3 catches with 143 yards while Banks took a short pass and turned it into an 88 yard score. Lewis did a similar thing.

Tried out the speed option this game more then ever and im still not a big fan of it. Andrews was able to tuck in a 38 yard keeper for a TD while the QB keepers seemed to always have more success then pitching the ball. I'll stick with more prostyle.

4. DMan22

DMan22 Walk On

Utah finishes the season on a sour note, as they watched the Bulldogs of Fresno State outscore the Utes 28-7 after a pretty even 1st quarter, which Utah led by a TD. FSU RB Bryan Cotter led the way for the Bulldogs, rushing for 187 yds and 2 TD's. Utah was stuck in an offensive funk for most of the game, a theme that has been all too present this year for Coach DMan's liking. Starting 3 different QB's, two of which were true frosh, only added to the problems on that side of the ball this year.

With the bowl loss, Coach DMan drops to 33-31 in 5 seasons as the Utes head coach, and he sports a 1-2 bowl record having lost the last two seasons.

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Wyoming 41 USU 17

Well the Cowboys pretty much dominated this game. Smith was lost with a season ending broken vertebrate, which hurt our offense but Phillip Davis came in and had a great game despite his 3 INT's. Wyoming came out on a strong note scoring on their first drive and the fire never ended. They easily went up 34-0 in the second quarter. Then at the 3rd quarter it was 41-3 Wyoming played conservative the rest of the game to win their bowl game. Nice way to close out the season.

6. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Colorado State 27
    Oregon State 7

Colorado State dominated from the get go. After going up 17-0 at halftime they played conservatively. The MWC champs improve to a 10-3 record, with momentum for next season.

7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]

Whew! It took three overtimes to get the 10th win of the season over a very tough South Carolina squad, despite their record of 6-6. Charles Andrews was exhibiting one of his bad days, with 4 INTs and a fumble. It wasn't exactly the ideal game the man wanted in his last outing in a Cougar uniform, but he got his team a win nonetheless. Not much action happened in the first 4 quarters, it was a 17-17 game, with both offenses looking very unimpressive at times. Both teams were forced to put up field goals in the first two overtimes, but the BYU said 'enough' in the third OT, and took matters into their own hands. The USC QB went back to pass three times in the third OT, and was sacked for a loss each time. They had to go for it on 4th down, but failed to convert. BYU put up an easy FG to end the nightmare and win the game.​

Coach Fuzzy is pleased with his team, as he achieves his first ever 10 win season at BYU. The team will look much different next year, but will be a force to be reckoned with.​