Bowl Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by thievaryx, Dec 3, 2009.

1. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Bowl Game Summaries

Kent State wins the Motor City Bowl!

[​IMG]

Kent State 38 - Michigan 21

This game was a nailbiter all the way deep into the 4th Q, when a flurry of mishaps by Michigan opened the floodgates.

4th Q recap: Kent State leading 24-21.
    Michigan had the ball deep into KS territory at the start of the 4th Q.
    They turn it over -- lost fumble inside the 5 yard line.
    Kent State methodically moved the ball down the field, chewing up almost 4 minutes off the clock. TD on a QB Morgan run. Kent State goes up 31-21.
    Then came 3 plays that would undo MI:
    1- On the ensuing play from scrimmage, MI QB gets sacked for a 10yd loss.
    2-The play immediatly following that one, MI throws an INT.
    3- Next play, Kent State runs 23 yards for a TD. Kent State 38-21.

Kent State Co-players of the game:
    MLB Mixon - 8Tkl (2TFL), 1sack, 1 int, 2ff
    OLB Craig - 13Tkl (9TFL), 3sack

2. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Nice job getting the monkey off your back.

3. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Thanks, after getting rocked last season I was growling a bit when I saw I was matched up versus a talented Michigan squad. Their RB is a beast and I believe ran for over 200. He would just push away my linemen, I would get pancaked regularly by their o-line, but when it really mattered he fumbled.

Been a hell of a year for Kent State...

We beat a top program (Penn State), Won the MAC, won our rivalry games, and won a bowl game!

Almost knocked off ND too.

4. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

#15 Houston upsets #6 Nevada in Hawaii Bowl

It was a close game in the 1st half as houston was up by 7, then 2nd half houston turned on their engine and won this game.

HB Beall was the star of this game, doesn't seem like Nevada defender can tackle him, ( and Nevada even think i had running on aggresive, but i promise u i never do that , hence my zero fumbles. it was just one of those days my RB does good. ) my RB did good against tulane too but i abandonded my running game the 2nd half cause i was down.

Nevada scored the last 14 points to make it a one possession game but Houston gambled on their last drive, converted on a 4th and inches on their own 30 yard line with 1 minute left to win ( nevada had no timeout left) we could do this right? i mean this is no different scenraio as the PATS-COLTS game, if it wasn't allowed i agree to let forever get a simmed win. or lose my top prospect or whatever . im sorry forever if it wasnt allowed

Final score - 52-45.

GG forever hopefully this game didn't make u hate me or anything lol gg

5. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

4.0 - Going on 4th Down: We encourage straight play in this league, however, we do not want to limit players to the point where they cannot play aggressively. With that in mind, there will be a simple rule on 4th downs:

A. Whenever you are past the 50 yard line with 1 yard or less to go, you are permitted to for it on 4th down.
    B. If you are behind by two touchdowns or more in the second half, you can go for it whenever you like.
    C. If you are the losing team in the 4th quarter, you can go for it whenever you like.

What do you think? These are TF rules from every league on the site.

I sent a PM message to both of you. Let me know whats up after you two discuss the situation.

6. BG

BG On The Rize!

Its all good, folk. I thought that was the rule, but I wasn't going to press the issue. It was a good game and he beat me. No hard feellings here. We can move on and advance to week 2 bowls.