Bowl Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bcduggan, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Bowl Game Summaries

Hawaii Bowl

Louisana Tech 28 UCF 14

In a game that was play far closer than the score indicates Louisana Tech continued their remarkable season by winning 28-14.

Before the game Louisana Tech announced that Daniel Porter and Phillip Livas will be playing in the game. Livas has been out since week 3, Porter has been out since before LSU game. These players did not disappoint. Daniel Porter, in his last game for the Bulldogs, had 104 yards rushing, 3 catches for 59 yards, and 2 total tds. Phillips Livas had 3 catches for 43 yards.

Unsung heroes also contributed today. Broussard, the FB, had 4 catches and 1 td. Ensminger threw the only td pass for Louisana Tech when Jenkins left the game with a minor injury. Ensminger completed all 3 passes he attempted while Jenkins was getting tended to on the sideline.

The game was close until Lousiana Tech took the last lead of the game 21-14 on Porter's 2nd td of the game early 4th quarter. Teams trade punts till about 30 seconds left. Lousiana Tech has the ball around UCF's 33 yard line. Knowing that 30 yards makes a difference in any game and with a stiff 14 mph wind blowing in the kicker's face, Louisana Tech decides to punt. The punt is a nice high punt that bounces inside the 1 and back out to the 2 wheer it's downed by Louisana Tech. Since UCF has no time outs the L Tech defense only rushes 3 and everyone else plays back and in zone coverage. On the first play Paige steps in front of the receiver, intercepts the pass and returns it for the game sealing TD.

Louisana Tech's coach said after the game that UCF is a good football team that played a great game. He was sad to see the game end but was happy that his Bulldogs pulled out the win.

Other news:

1st Team WAC

DT D Anthony Smith
    K Joel Hall

2nd Team WAC
    HB Daniel Porter
    FS Antonio Baker
    SS Deon Young

Daniel Porter was 9th in the Walker

The writing staff here that reports on the Bulldogs would like to thank team for their hard work on the season and finishing in the top 25. We also would like to wish the seniors all the best in their future endeavors. We hope to see some of you playing on Sundays making us here at Louisana Tech proud.

(y)

2. FunkDockta27

FunkDockta27 Walk On

Meineke Car Care Bowl

aka The Intensive Care Unit Bowl
    #21 Clemson 50
    Buffalo 14

With all the injuries sustained on offense, it's no wonder Buffalo didnt bring an ER unit with them. Jorgensen was sacked like 9 times. 6 going to one player on Clemsons DLine. Anytime he ran or scrambled, he went out for a few plays...always came back tho.
    down 23-0 2 minutes before the half, Buffalo finally scored on a 101 yd Kick return by Naaman roosevelt. In his final game the main cog in the offense attributed for over 300 yds of total offense. He set the school record for receiving yds in a game with 208. Scored the only 2 TDs for Buffalo...it go so bad in the second half just to get it done and over with Coach FunkDoc let the D coordinator call the plays on defense. Couldn't stop Spiller...or anyone on Clemson. Buffalo was definitely too outmatched....sadly we couldn't get the bowl win for Roosevelt. Who after the team gets home will be the first inductee into Buffalo's Ring of Honor. His number will subsequently be retired. Roosevelt will be sorely missed next year. As we still have yet to solve the problems at QB.

With recruits coming in on the OLine hopefully some of the sack problems will be fixed, allowing the QBs more time to make better choices on passes. And the new receiving corps being recruited will hopefully drop less...yes, that means you Effing Hamlin...good riddance you bum.

I think Clemson set multiple school records too in the bowl game. Spiller set the rushing yards mark, they set the single game sack mark by one player. With the score outta control early, Buffalo was forced out of any semblance of a running attack. as I think the only runs from the 3rd qtr on were scrambles by the QB....

one word...UUUUUGLY.

However we beat my point spread lol.

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Clemson Buffalo>There was a point spread on that game? WOW!!!!

4. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

nevada Wins NewMexico Bowl 38-10 over Central Michigan..

The wolfpack sealed the win by pounding the ball.. everyone was back and healthy..

NV looked outstanding..

i couldnt access the stats but NV had 300 yards rushing and 150 passing

Via Taua was the POG...

NV finishes the season with 10 wins for the First time in Program history..

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

you should be able to access the stats after the game by going into team schedule and R3 on game you want

6. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

ya i tried that.. for some reason it wouldnt bring them up just the team sched and school info... didnt even show anything for Central Michigan..

7. Super3Way

Super3Way Guest

MOTOR CITY BOWL

EMU 28 Michigan 13

Dwayne Priest pounded the ball for EMU effectively all game and controlled the tempo. But it was DeAnthony White who garnered the the POG honors with 6 receptions, 100+ yards and a TD. The game looked to be in EMU's hand until they muffed a punt on their own 30 yard line up by 8. Eastern Michigan's red zone defense was amazing all day and it showed up again to pick off a pass and EMU added an insurance TD at the end to seal the victory. Eastern Michigan finished the season at 11-2, 2009 MAC CONFERENCE CHAMPS, and 2009 Motor city bowl victors!

8. FunkDockta27

FunkDockta27 Walk On

Yeah, it was like 52 points...

haaaa everyone who took Clemson looks dumb now! lol. Rosey saw fit to score twice and keep us ahead of the spread! I'ma miss that bastard next year...

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

When I lived in I worked near UB, Roosevelt was one of the nicer guys on the team. If he gets to go pro irl, the community will miss him.

10. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

CSU wins in San Diego 21-3 over the Oregon State Beavers

In a game that was dominated by CSU from start to finish, it was a good welcome back for starting running back John Mosure. He scored the first points of the game on a short run late in the first quarter. Oregon State would get on the board with a chip shot FG in the 2nd quarter, but they would never find the endzone. CSU would close the game out in the 4th on back to back TD runs. The first was out of the Wild Ram, and Mosure kept it himself for 38yds and the TD. CSU's next drive, again out of the Wild Ram, this time Mosure handed off to Square and he scored the final TD of his career, going 69yds off the right side for the TD. It was also a great farewell to all the seniors that will be departing this off season. Included in that group is RB Alex Square. When Mosure went down with a long injury in the middle of the season, Square stepped in and carried the load at running back. Square did not go over 50 yards rushing in a single game until week 5, when Mosure went down with an injury on his 3rd carry of the day. From there he went on to put up 4 games with more than 100yds, and amassed a total of 1005yds on the season. He also scored a team high 12 td's while never putting the rock on the ground.

Also leaving this year is QB Grant Stucker. Although not a standout year, Stucker was solid. He kept CSU in games when he needed to, and managed the huddle with authority. Departing with Stucker will be his top 2 WR's, Dion Morton and RaShaun Greer. 4 of the 5 starting offensive linemen will be leaving also.

On defense, we will be losing 4 starters. They include LE Sam Stewart, DT James Morehead, CB Nick Oppenneer, and defensive captain SS Klint Kubiak. Kubiak led the team in tackles, pass deflections, and forced fumbles, and was 3rd in interceptions. He also scored a defensive TD. A strong defense this year that will work together well next year as a large part of their core returns.

Mike

11. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Fiesta Bowl was a joke. Robo Bama showed up and whooped up on the Horned Frogs. Multiple Turnovers killed TCU, 5 in all, 4 Robo Ints, and a Fumble late in the 3rd that put it away. TCU forced a fumble of their own after they turned it over, but the 3 Horned Frog players standing around the scene couldn't find the football...instead Alabama's QB McElroy picked it up and scrambled 30 yards through the TCU Defense for the touchdown. An overall joker of a game.

12. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

HUMANITARIAN BOWL

Boise State vs Maryland

This was a very close game in the first half. These teams were pretty evenly matched. Maryland actually dominated much of the first half. It took a while for Kellen Moore to get the ball to his playmakers with room to make plays. Once he did Jeremy Avery and Titus Young made the plays necessary to completeLY confuse the Maryland D. Once the D started getting pounded the O gave up and just started going for big passes. Well it ended overall badly for Maryland. Final score: BSU 41 MD 18. BSU finishes the season 9-4.

13. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Papa Johns Bowl:

Ohio - 24
    Idaho - 10

It was a much closer game than the score. It was raining hard and QB throws were off. It was a 10-7 game at half, and Idaho had some option plays working well. Ohio changed their D plan in the second half and began using a 3-4 Zone instead of man to man. This helped contain the option and forced the Idaho QB to throw. Ohio's front 3 played well in the 3-4 and kept the pressure on the QB in a 3-3-5 when Idaho would come out in 5 WR sets. Game was still close in the 4th Qtr, but Ohio finally got their running game going and converted 8/9 3rd downs on their last 3 drives. Ohio gets their 1st Bowl Win of All-Time and coach lee.flex leaves the team on a winning note and in good shape.

GG Milmont.

Awesome league guys, if I had more time I would stay, but other things are popping off and I had to resign.

14. MILMONTpa

MILMONTpa MILMONTpa

GG Lee,

I look fwd to upgrading Idaho this offseason. I'm glad to have made a bowl game this first season.If things work out, I could be bringing in some impact recruits for year 2. This game was a bit beyond my players as they just didn't have the skill to hold blocks or make 1st hit tackles. It played out the way it should have. GG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.