Bowl Previews

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by wreck'em, Aug 12, 2010.

1. wreck'em

wreck'em Walk On

Bowl Previews

]Meineke Car Care Bowl
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

In the Meineke Car Care Bowl we have a team from the C-USA matched up against a team from the ACC. Central Florida played their way to a 7-5 record this year by playing great defence and doing enough on offense to win some football games. Maryland made great strides from last year's horrifying 2-10 season to go 7-5 and reach a bowl game this year. Maryland QB Jamarr Robinson threw for over 2400 yards and 14 touchdowns this year while their running game ran the show with RB Darrell Scott ran for 1098 yards and 13 touchdowns. The key matchup for this game will be the UCF front 7 against Darrell Scott and the Maryland O-line. The winner of that matchup will win the Meineke Car Care Bowl

The pick:

[​IMG]

Insight Bowl
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

In the Insight Bowl, we have two historical powerhouses going at it in Nebraska and Michigan. Rich Rodriguez has finally started pulling it together in Ann Arbor to finish 9-3 and in the top half of the Big 10. Tate Forcier had a disappointing year statistically finishing with only 2400 yards, but it is hard to argue with a 9 win season. Nebraska is on its 3rd coach for the season, as Bo Pelini coached the first 5 weeks, BKhogfan the rest of the regular season, and now new head coach JerzeyReign is in command for the Insight Bowl. Despite the turmoil at the head coach position, the Cornhuskers have rode their defense to a solid 9-3 record. I think this will be a close game that comes down to the Michigan pass offense against the Nebraska secondary. Nebraska should win that matchup and because of that, the game.

The Pick:
    [​IMG]

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

good work wreck'em

3. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

i refuse to lose to UCF

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Man, first game in CoC and its against my beloved Michigan... man...:)

5. wreck'em

wreck'em Walk On

I just called it how I see it. I hope you win, but UCF is man for man a better team.

6. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

lol ole miss vs ok st in cotton 3rd year in a row

7. Iron Mickey

And I am lovin it!! Cowboys Stadium....here we come!!!!

8. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

AT&T Cotton Bowl

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Oklahoma State vs Ole Miss

The 74th Annual Cotton Bowl Classic will feature a rematch of the 73rd Cotton Bowl, a matchup between the Big 12's Oklahoma State Cowboys and the SEC's Ole Miss Rebels. Last year the two explosive offense were held in check as Ole Miss beat Oklahoma State 21-7 behind the rushing and receiving of Dexter McCluster, who was named the Offensive MVP of the game for the second year in a row. The victory moved Ole Miss to 2-0 all-time against OSU in the Cotton Bowl, also winning 31-28 in 2004. This year there are a lot of new faces on both teams, but they have had similar results with those new faces. The Cowboys had to adjust to a new starter at QB for the first time in three seasons and Brandon Weeden was able to lead his team well while he was healthy. A strained back has kept Weeden out of a few games and will keep him out of the bowl game. (RS) Freshman Clint CHelf will be under center to face the Rebels and he may be the deciding factor in who wins this one. It is no secret that the Cowboys rushing game has led the way this season. Senior Kendal Hunter was hyped in preseason but several injuries have done him in. Travis Miller has carried the load for Oklahoma State rushing for over 1,200 yards he and Hunter will likely both see carries against the Rebels. In 2009 Ole Miss was expecting a BCS Bowl and was disappointed with a Cotton Bowl appearance, but this year is the exact opposite. The Rebels were slated down a little in the SEC and is more than happy with a Cotton Bowl appearance. Sophomore Nathan Stanley has been the story this season for Ole Miss, as he has thrown for 2,300 yards and 23 TDs. He will lead a potent Rebel offense into Texas Stadium as the Rebels try to beat the Oklahoma State Cowboys. Can Ole Miss become the first ever three-peat Cotton Bowl Champions or will Oklahoma State claim their first ever Cotton Bowl Title.

Prediction:
    Oklahoma State- 28
    Ole Miss- 20

9. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

yea ill go with 28-14 pokes but beware ole miss has beaten a user already this year

10. Iron Mickey

good point. I am looking forward to this game.

11. Iron Mickey

btw king...awesome job man.

12. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Chick-Fil-A-Bowl

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Miami vs Mississippi State

The 62nd Annual Chick-Fil-A-Bowl features a matchup between the Mississippi State Bulldogs and the Miami Hurricanes. This is the Bulldogs fourth appearance in the Chick-Fil-A-Bowl (1993, 1995, 1999) and this also is the fourth trip for Miami (1981, 2004, 2005). Neither team expected to be playing here at the beginning of the year. Miami had aspirations of a BCS Bowl, maybe even a National Championship appearance, but after a rough two week stretch the Hurricanes had to settle for a 10-2 regular season record. The Bulldogs on the other hand were hoping to just make it into a bowl game and has really over achieved winning seven games including big upsets over Arkansas and LSU. On paper this match up appears to be a significant mismatch but sometimes in bowl games the craziest things happen. Miami brings in a 1300 yard rusher, Graig Cooper, who has been on Heisman and award watchlists all season and certainly hasn't disappointed. Jacory Harris was that man that would either make or break the Canes season and he has been good most of the year but made his fair share of mistakes, throwing for 16 TDs and 15 INTs. Miami also brings in a stout defense that for the first half of the season may have been the best defense in the NCAA, led by DE Allen Bailey, DT Marcus Fortson, and FS Ray Ray Armstrong. Mississippi State has not put up great numbers all year but they have found ways to win. Chris Relf has only thrown for 1300 yards and thrown 10 INTs compared to only 7 TDs. The rushing game has been decent led by Robert Elliot who rushed for 848 yards on the season. How will this game go down, will Miami flex their muscles and beat the Bulldogs or will Mississippi State pull off on more upset?

Prediction:
    Miami- 34
    Mississippi State- 3

(y) (I'm a good guesser lol)

13. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I think G-Unit will get his boys ready to roll. He is fired up to play in the Cowboys Stadium.

Thanks man.

14. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

great job guys and good luck to everybody in their games!!!

15. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Updated
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]vs[​IMG]
    S. Carolina enter the match up 11-2 while Mich State has a 10-2 record. it should be a great battle as SC has the #9 scoring offense and MSU has the #12 Defense in the country. Both team will try to end the season on a high note as they both lost their last game. Coach King_Ceps would like no other way but to get that 12th victory for his school heading into the offseason. Both Coach and Kirk are picking the Gamecocks to win the bowl match up. i also seeing going that way.
    Prediction
    SC 28 MSU 14

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]vs[​IMG]
    This should one interest match up between the Big 12's Buffs and the Pac 10's Trees. Standford has the #9 scoring Offense in the country so Coach TRude has his work cut out for him. Coach TRude shocked the Big 12 and country by winning the Big 12 North. I feel that Coach TRude has what it takes to guide his team to a 9 win season and a bowl win. Prediction
    Buffs 35 Trees 24

16. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

[​IMG]
    Alabamer faces off against the Utah Utes in what is a letdown of a bowl for the Crimson Tide. Alabama, after a win in the SEC Championship Game, thought they had the resume to face UNC in Phoenix for all the marbles, but the computers thought otherwise. COach JFunk still know there is alot at stake in this game and has his team prepared for battle. Mark Ingram showed up in New Orleans with some new hardware. Fresh off a heisman trophy winning season, Ingram is ready to take it to the Utes, as is the rest of the Tide. Not only is Alabama out to show why they deserved their shot at the Title, but the Utes embarassed Bama 2 years ago in this same game. Alabama still has alot to prove for this season.

Prediction.....

Bama 38
    Utah 3