Bowl Season 2012

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by nikpin, Oct 24, 2010.

1. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Welcome to Bowl Season!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-12) ===============

=============== Idaho Vandals (6-6) ===============
    Idaho will face Tulane in the St Petersburg Bowl.

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (5-7) ===============

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (8-4) ===============
    Western Kentucky will face Houston in the Hawaii Bowl.

=============== Army Black Knights (4-8) ===============

=============== #3 Western Michigan Broncos (13-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 34-18 against Utah State (10-3).
    #3 Western Michigan will face #10 Penn State in the Rose Bowl.

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (6-6) ===============
    Arkansas State will face #22 SMU in the New Orleans Bowl.

=============== Utah State Aggies (10-3) ===============
    Last week, Utah State lost 34-18 against Western Michigan (13-0).
    Utah State will face Colorado State in the Armed Forces Bowl.

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (9-3) ===============
    UL Monroe will face Kentucky in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl.

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (4-8) ===============

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (7-5) ===============
    UL Lafayette will face #17 Virginia Tech in the Champs Sports Bowl.

2. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

awesome

• Like Like x 1
  3. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

In my worst season I may have my first chance to win a bowl game. Last year I got raped by Florida. Bring it on Tulane. How great will it be if USF wins the mnc?

4. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

ULL- 19 VT- 48

What a terrible season this has been. Ended on the worst game of the season. I swear I've had more special teams fumbles this season than all my other seasons I've ever played combined. Injuries were kept at a minimum at least. Recruiting looked so promising at first but coming up second on more than 10 recruits was infuriating.

The only player that played well today was Sean Parham who had 8 receptions for 228 yards with 2 TDs. Defense played well at first but fumbles recovered for TDs and a pick six did them no favors. If my safeties declare early its going to be an absolutely awful season next year.

5. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

WKU-48
    Houston-34

As soon as Nik, Deaf, Steamer and Tech play, we'll adv to the end of the season and grab some stats and then to players leaving/incoming tonight.

6. Full Moon Fever

Sorry guys...weather delayed our flight back, and then when I got home and went to move a carseat, I saw that my parking lights were still on. My mother in law left them on so after charging it proved futile, I had to go to walmart and perform battery replacement surgery on my car. I'll get my game in tonight but I may not start for another 15-20 minutes.

7. Full Moon Fever

VANDALS WIN!!!!!

St Petersburg-- The Idaho Vandals capped off a very mediocre season with the only way they know how - Potato Magic. After falling behind 21-3 in he 2nd quarter, the Vandal offense woke up when QB Brent Terry connected with sophmore receiver Justin Veltung on a 75 yard slant. The Vandals got within striking distance several times but seemed to shoot themselves in the foot time and time again with fumbles and a tipped ball interception in he end zone in the 4th quarter.

With 6:20 to play n the game, the Vandals took a 31-28 lead when 3rd string HB Antoine Lucas took a power play in from the 3. Lucas got his firstmeaningful action of he year as starting RB Kama Bailey and backup freshman sensation Adrian Craft both suffered season ending injuries with a broken leg and a torn rotator cuff, respectively. After a big defensive stop, the Vandals were in position to ice the game away until Terry misread a coverage and threw a 3rd down interception in his own territory with 2 minutes to go.

It looked to be over when Tulane Quarterback Ryan Griffin found WR Wilson Van Hooser for a 7 yard touchdown to put the Green Wave back on top, 35-31 with just over a minute to play.

But the Green Wave just happened to be he latest team to fall victim to Potato Magic. As the Vandals tried to march down thermals for the game-winning score, they were again bit by the injury bug as leading receiver Veltung (5 catches for 130 yards and 2 TDs) sprained an elbow, rendering Idaho's most potent weapon useless.

Enter Sam Young, the 6'5 Freshman with hands of solid stone. In his third play of he game, with just 20 seconds left on the clock, Young hauled in a pass and blew through an arm tackle on his way to the promised land, giving the Vandals the lead for good with just 12 seconds remaining.

In a wild and fun game, the Vandals earned Coach CenTechsan the first bowl win of his career.

8. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Aggies Cap 11 Win Season With Armed Forces Bowl Victory

[​IMG]

The Utah State Aggies finished their 2012 campaign with a 27-24 win over the Colorado State Rams. For the second straight season, the Aggies won their bowl game on a field goal on the final play of regulation. Utah State sent off 17 seniors with a bowl victory, although only 4 started the game. It was the Aggie freshman who led the season ending victory however- with 9 freshman starting, 5 of which were named to the All-American Freshman team. In a game featuring two high powered offenses, it was a relatively low scoring game. The Aggies held a 10-3 lead into the final minutes of the first half, until a series of 3 turnovers in the last two minutes turned into 13 Colorado State points, giving them a 16-10 lead at the half

Utah State took the lead back soon though, as Aggies QB Dennis Brewster broke a 76 yard run on the first play of the 3rd quarter. He would punch in another touchdown of 5 yards for the only other score of the 3rd quarter to lead 24-16. Colorado State held the ball at their own 20 yard line with 3 minutes left; down by 8. The Rams quickly moved the ball downfield, and scored a TD, followed by a 2 pt conversion to tie the game. With under 2 minutes to go, the USU offense moved the ball down the field into field goal range for the game winning kick. 27-24.

Brewster was named the Armed Forces Bowl MVP after completeing 16 of 28 passes for 250 yards and a TD, as well as 81 yards rushing and 2 more TDs-- despite being sacked 6 times in the game. The QB ended his freshman season with 3997 yards passing with 31 TDs and 13 INTs, as well as 382 yards rushing, and rushing 12 TDs.

9. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

#3 WMU 37
    #10 Penn State 30

I can't do a proper write up as I'm falling asleep but I rallied back after trailing all game and the go ahead TD was the last TD. Alex Carder and Ansel Ponder went out with a bang on offense and my 7 Seniors on defense really stepped up as DE Weston Pheiffer recorded 4 sacks and the unit forced 5 TO's.

10. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I got raped by SMU 35-0 in the Suck My Ass Bowl or something like that...not too much to write about this game, I had 4 turnovers in the first half (3 inside their 10 yard line) that all resulted in touchdowns for SMU. Aycock managed 155 yards on the ground, but Andre Smith was terrible completing just 6 passes and throwing an INT in the end zone. Basically, if I didn't have the worst luck with turnovers, I might have won this game, because SMU didn't play overly well. QB Kyle Padron did well for them, yardage wise at least. There's always next year for the Red Wolves, who look to be twice as good with a bunch of incoming transfers ready to suit up.