Bowl Season (2012)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

The end of our first season is here. Thanks to everyone so far - everyone has gotten their games in in a timely manner and we haven't really had many issues so far. We had a couple of hiccups with people at the start, but hopefully we will be able to continue on without changing anybody.

Game of the Week: LSU v Oklahoma State in the BCS National Championship game.

Next advance: Wednesday at 9:30 am

Let's try to get this done sooner than that so we can get as much offseason done as possible before offseason night.

azreinman
    Selvy9
    the bigg dawgg
    whales30
    Jolts57
    schreck822
    Wick36
    droid43
    Theezy
    EMbow513
    Mcwoods06
    GMONEY 15

2. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Good luck to gmoney and droid. Thinkin of what could have been without that bad luck vs ok st lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Louisville wins fiesta bowl in decisive fashion-

Coming into this game Louisville faced a superior talented team in the USC Trojans. Louisville wanted to prove that they can run with the big boys and that playing a soft big east schedule didnt deminish the ability in this team. They knew they could run with USC and Proved it early and often as they raced out to a quick 28-3 first quarter lead helped mostly in part by the running of quarterback Teddy Bridgewater who ended the day with a carrer high 189 yards on the ground and two touchdowns. The passing game could have been a stellar day but some dropped passes didnt help out yet he still ended with 117 yards and 2 touchdowns on 5 for 17 passing. The defense played tough against the top quarterback in the nation and ended up forcing him to throw 2 ints before putting him out of the game. his backup faired no better as he threw 3 ints himself. Asside from a couple long plays including a 75 yard touchdown run just before halftime the defense fair pretty well which is a great thing as this defense is loaded with talent and there are only 2 seniors. It appears as if the Cardinals have set themselves up for a bright future as this win will definetly help with recruiting.

4. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

i had a couple of vids i wanted to post up but it seems the ea servers didnt want to let me and i couldnt load any of them

5. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Sooo my xbox keeps freezing when I load the OD? It shows the Heisman winner screen, then shows I won the ACC title, would I like to add the trophy, and then it freezes. Anyone else having this problem or a solution? I'll let it rest for a couple hours and try playing again tonight or tomorrow, just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

6. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

And what the hell does it take to get ranked around here??? ACC champs at 10-3 and I'm unranked?? lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Wake Forest Wins Orange Bowl 34-33 Over #11 BYU in Instant Classic

It took every second on the clock for Wake Forest to hold their first lead of the game, but in the end it was a Wake Forest BCS Bowl win. The game got off to a rough start, as starting RB Josh Harris broke his tailbone on the first play of the game. Backup Orville Reynolds has seen the field fairly often this season, but just wasn't able to establish much on his own. Meanwhile, the Wake Forest defense struggled all game to find an answer for Riley Nelson and the BYU offense, and while the Cougars racked up over 400 yards of offense, it was one late incomplete pass that may have been the difference. More on that later...

Picking it up in the 2nd quarter with BYU holding a 13 point lead and driving to extend it before half, a stop was crucial for the Deacons. BYU was on the verge of going up by 20 and would be receiving the 2nd half kick when Riley Haynes jumped in front of a slant route and returned the INT for a huge score. But BYU would continue to maintain its lead as the two teams would trade punches in the 2nd half. Then came the turning point...

Holding a 5 point lead, BYU had the ball near their own 40 with just over a minute left. Following consecutive plays where the Demon Deacon defense got in the backfield for big stops, BYU faced a 3rd and 20. With Wake Forest holding on to just one last time out, BYU could have played it safe with a run, forcing Wake to use its last time out and punt. Instead, Riley Nelson chucked a deep ball hoping for a first down and the win, instead it was knocked away. With 1:21 left on the clock, Wake had their precious time out and received the punt. Tanner Price led the drive of the year, but once reaching the 4 yard line, Wake hit a road block. After 3 straight stops, the game came down to a single play. 4th and goal, trailing by 5, 4 seconds on the clock...

Honestly one of the most exciting wins I can remember being a part of. From being pissed off about not being ranked, to losing my starting RB on the first play, to not being able to stop BYU's passing game despite dropping 8 guys in coverage most of the game, to drive down and get in TD range with a minute left and bleeding the clock so they wouldn't have a chance if I scored... that was fun :)

(and obviously I got past the freeze, don't know what was happening but I just hit "play game" as soon as it would let me and it must have been fast enough to get past whatever file glitch was causing the freeze. weird.)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  8. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

lol yeah..when I saw that I thought that had to be a glitch or something.

• Like Like x 1
  9. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

UVA beats TAMU 42-38 to win the CHICK-FIL-A Bowl.

UVA was disappointed that they weren't able to go to the orange bowl, but they were still looking forward to be playing in the Chick-Fil-A. Given all the attention Chick Fil A has been getting, it would be great if UVA and TAMU played a great game of football. And they sure did. UVA went down 21-0 early on(of course) but then bounced back in the 2nd Q scoring 21 points of their. Score was 21-21 at half. Back and fourth type second half. Then with 1:30 to go in the game TAMU scored a TD to put them up 38-35. It was up to Rocco, who set a school passing record earlier in the game, to drive UVA down the field for the game winning TD. and wouldn't you know it he did. Connecting on a huge play to his favorite target Colton Phillips. UVA wins 42-38.

• Like Like x 1
  10. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

their own*

11. droid43

droid43 Walk On

What was that blitzing safety and your line doing? It looked like he was going to come in for a clean hit and the he just doesn't, thanks to your tackle completely ignoring him.. Really weird AI all around, but I'm glad it worked out for you though!

12. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

I think when the pass animation starts, the blitzer veers off, so I guess I got it off just in time. It does look a little odd but it happens just as I'm starting my wind up. I'm not complaining! lol

13. droid43

droid43 Walk On

No indeed! Not too often do you get great games like that against the CPU.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

I've actually had a few this season. Maybe it helps taking a shitty team in a BCS conference, or maybe I'm just not that good (lol), but I had a 38-31 loss to Western Kentucky that was close the whole way, a 6-3 win against GA Tech that was obviously tight, a 41-38 win against NC State that was an awesome comeback, and even a 24-19 win over Vandy that made me sweat to the end. This was a hella fun season for Wake Forest.

15. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

I want to talk to these heisman voters. How the F did Denard not win it? 16 more TDs than Klein and more overall yards lol. FU Woody Paige.

16. droid43

droid43 Walk On

No clue, Denard blew everyone out of the water. Klein didn't even make 1st or 2nd team all Big 12.

17. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Cause Klein actually played quarterback lol jk

• Like Like x 1
  18. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Missed Opportunities Cost the Cowboys
    LSU wins the 2012 BCS Championship
    35-25
    This year's national championship game presented itself as a game of great offense vs great defense. The high flying passing attack of the Oklahoma State Cowboys would go up against a stout pass defense in the LSU Tigers. The game in Orange Beach didn't fail to deliver, and LSU proved the old saying "defense wins championships". Oklahoma State's offense played well enough to win, but the Cowboy defense couldn't step up to the challenge. The Tigers converted an amazing 80% on third downs (8/10) in tonight's game, and when it came down to it, the Black and Orange couldn't make a play to get off the field.
    The Cowboys seemed a bit tight in the first half. There were a total of 7 drops in the first two quarters. Three of those coming on defense and four drops on offense. "Honestly it's been the thorn in our side all year long. When given the opportunity you have GOT to make plays. Our offense has been great this season, but we didn't seem in sync this game and it really gave us a slow start," said Gundy of the sloppy play. He also complimented LSU's poise and composure on offense. "They were like a machine out there. Everything we did on defense they seemed to have a counter for. It was like they were in our huddle and knew our calls. GMONEY did an outstanding job of getting his guys ready to play and they completely deserve the victory tonight."
    Coach Gundy also commented on his expectations of the team moving on, "It hurts right now, but we will get over it. I fully expect our guys to use this as fuel for next season. We should have a lot of talent coming back on both sides of the ball and we have a great recruiting class coming in this fall. Expect to continue seeing great things from the Cowboys."
    The game started with Oklahoma State receiving the kickoff and going three and out. LSU took advantage of great field position after the punt and scored a touchdown on 2 yard run by fullback Kenny Hilliard. The Cowboys responded on the next drive. Clint Chelf lead his offense to LSU's side of the field, but two straight drops on second and third down stalled the drive at the LSU 25 yard line. Quinn Sharp split the uprights on the 42 yard attempt and that would be the last of the scoring in the first quarter 7-3 LSU.
    The Oklahoma State defense did make one play on the night, Zach Mettenberger was picked off by strong safety Zach Craig just before the end of the first quarter. The Cowboys were primed to cash in on the early turnover, but a mix up between Chelf and Tracey Moore led to an interception in the endzone. After an LSU three and out Chelf again marched the Cowboys down the field and into the LSU redzone. The junior Quarterback could not get the ball into the endzone and the Cowboys were forced to kick a field goal from the LSU 4 yard line.
    Just when everything seemed to be going the Cowboys' way, ol' mo pulled a switch-a-roo. The Cowboy defense had just forced a third and eight for the tigers and had the Black and Orange been able to hold for one more play, the awaken offense would have been coming back onto the field with just under 2 minutes remaining in the half. However, this was not the case and a disturbing third down trend began to start. Zach Mettenberger found wide receiver Russell Shepard running wide open across the field. A quick move and Shepard raced into the endzone for a 79 yard touchdown with just 1:38 remaining on the clock. This was just enough time for Chelf and the offense. The Cowboys went on a methodical, 7 play, 75 yard touchdown scoring drive which ended with a touchdown from Chelf to Moore with only 0:10 seconds remaining until halftime.14-13 LSU.
    The third quarter started much like the second quarter ended for the Oklahoma State defense. After a holding call on the kickoff, LSU was forced to start on their own 10 yard line. The Tigers then proceeded to convert a third and three, a third and nine, and capped off the drive with a 52 yard pass from Mettenberger to running back Spencer Ware on third and eleven. Ware was somehow able to out jump strong safety Zach Craig for the deep ball. The Tigers went up 21-13 and that would be how the third quarter ended.
    The Cowboys answered at the start of the fourth on another Chelf touchdown, this time to Isiah Anderson. A failed two point attempt would leave Oklahoma State down 19-21. The defensive woes continued for the Pokes in the fourth. LSU continued to march the ball down the field and score seemingly at will. A three yard Spencer Ware run put the Tigers up 28-19 with just under four minutes remaining in the game. Oklahoma State would turn the ball over on downs on the following possession after a suffocating effort by the LSU defense. Chelf was not able to find an open receiver on any of the four downs and was sacked trying allow his receivers to get open on fourth and ten.
    It couldn't get any worse the Oklahoma State defense, right? Wrong. The Black and Orange held LSU to just 2 yards on their first two plays. Coach Gundy used two of his time outs and if the defense could hold LSU to a field goal with nearly three and a half minutes remaining, the Pokes would still have a decent chance in the game. However, on third and 8 Mettenberger fired a laser into the blitz and found his tight end Chase Clement. Clement kept his concentration despite three Cowboy defenders within a yard of him and caught the ball in the endzone for the score.
    The final straw had landed on OSU's camel and it's back was now broken. Down 35-19 with only 3:27 left in the game Chelf lead the offense down the field and was able to score with 1:13 remaining in the game. The two point conversion was failed due to another drop in the endzone. Down 25-35, The Cowboys desperately tried an onside kick, but were unsuccessful in recovering. The celebrations had begun in Baton Rouge as LSU knelt the rest of the time off of the clock.
    The 2012 was a great year Cowboy fans. Many of you, as you should be, are upset with the final result, but do remember that this team was predicted to finish 4th in the Big 12 by ESPN. The Pokes were able to go were no one thought they would and were able to repeat as BIG 12 champions and will finish ranked in the top 5 for the second straight season. Be proud of your team Cowboy fans and remember, there's always next year!
    Congrats GMONEY 15 and LSU!!
    I hope this is what really happens in the 2012 season!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  19. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Not! UofA is going to beat OKST in the 2nd week :p

20. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Way to go G. thats why i said you werent allowed to take a good team lol

21. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Wick can still remove him and make him re-join as FAU :) Grats on the title G. Guess you did what the real LSU failed to do!(and will fail to do again this year)

22. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Psh they'll do more than Miami. :p when's the last time the Canes won the ACC? ;)

23. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

The louisville cardinals the number two team in the country???? booya lol. hope thatll help recruiting

24. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

LSU 2012 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPS

35-25 victory over Oklahoma State caps a perfect 14-0 season.

Good evening ladies and Gentlemen, this is J LO, The Big Booty Hoe reporting live from the Orange Bowl for GMONEY TV, ESPN, ESPN 2 and ESPN Deportes when moments ago the LSU Tigers defeated the Oklahoma State Cowboys 35-25 in the BCS National Championship game. The pre game festivities brought the whose who of the entertainment and sports world to watch the game. Oklahoma State Alumni Barry Sanders was in attendance while LSU Alumni Chris Toliver, Jarrett Lee and Charles Scott were wandering down in the sidelines prior to the game. Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Jamie Foxx and Bruce Springsteen we also seen down on the LSU sideline having a few words with Coach GMONEY prior to the ball game. Mariah Carey sung the National Anthem

Oklahoma State won the toss and elected to receive. LSU defense went out there and got a quick 3 and out to force a Cowboys punt. LSU moved the ball methodically down the field and capped off a nice drive as SOPH FB Kenny Hillard scored from 2 yards out to give the Tigers a 7-0 lead. the Cowboys got the ball after the kickoff and drove right down the field as QB Clint Chelf found his rhythm. However the drive stalled as LSU defense tightened up and the Cowboys had to settle for a 42 yards FG to cut the Tigers lead to 7-3. LSU had the ball again but a nice pick by the Cowboys defense on a ill advised pass would have the Cowboys gain possession of the ball again.That's how the 1st QTR would end 7-3 LSU in front.

The Cowboys again drove downfield and was in the red zone. However Clint Chelf threw an ill advised pass himself and was picked off by JR CB Tyrann Mathieu in the end zone. However the Cowboys defense again stepped up and forced a LSU 3 and out and after the punt by the Tigers, the Cowboys were on the move again. Once again Chelf drove the Cowboys down inside the LSU 10 yards line. However the LSU Tigers defense stepped up to the plate and once again the red zone woes continued for the Cowboys as they were forced to kick another FG to cut the lead to 7-6. LSU needed some life in their game as Oklahoma State seemed to have momentum on their side. On a 3rd and 9 from the 21 yard line. Zach Mettenger found former QB Russell Shepard across the middle for an apparent first down. But wait, Shepard made a sharp juke to the right and went around left and raced 79 yards for the TD and the extra point gave the Tigers a 14-6 lead and you can see that the LSU crowd, dressed in Purple and Gold were going crazy. the Cowboys got the ball back and drove right down the field themselves as Chelf hit Moore with only 10 seconds left in the first half and the extra point made it a 14-13 LSU lead and that was the half time score. Both teams went racing into the locker room ready to make adjustments on both sides of the ball as the National Championship game is shaping to be a classic.

LSU took the opening drive of the 3rd QTR from their own 10 yard line after a holding call on the return. They were able to get 2 first downs on the drive and faced another 3rd and long. Mettenberger kept Hillard into help the OL with blocking. He was looking for Shepard but he was covered well by the Cowboys defense. So he looked right and heave it up there and Spencer Ware looked like a track and field star and leaped in front of the Cowboys strong safety and caught the ball and went the additional 5 yards to the end zone for a TD. The extra point made it 21-13 LSU. the rest of the 3rd QTR saw both defensed settled down and forcing each other to punt as the 3rd QTR came to a close, LSU lead was a slim one at 21-19.

The Cowboys scored in under a minute in the 4th QTR as Chelf found Anderson on a 22 yard passing play to make it 21-19. The Cowboys decided to go for the 2 point conversion and the LSU defense tightened up and stopped it as the lead was still 2. The Tigers took possession of the ball again and marched right down the field mixing up the run with an occasional short pass. Spencer Ware capped off the drive by scoring from 3 yards out to make it a 28-19 game with 4 minutes to go. the Cowboys got the ball back and the LSU defense knew that they had to do downfield and they were ready ths time. The LSU defense forced 3 straight incompletions and the Cowboys had to go for it on 4th and 10 from their own 18 yardline. LSU finally was able to put pressure on the Cowboys QB as ALL SEC JR DE Barkevious Mingo sacked Chelf and LSU took over on downs deep into Cowboys territory. LSU then ran the ball on the first 2 plays and as expected the Cowboys used their first 2 time-outs. LSU faced a very important 3rd down and 8. Conventional wisdom would say run the ball, make the Cowboys take their final time out and kick the FG and go up by 11. Well Coach GMONEY was fine with the play called upstairs by offensive coordinator, James Cho. Mettenberger took a quick 3 step drop and fired a strike to ALL SEC SR TE Chase Clement from 17 yards out in between 2 Cowboy defenders for the TD. The extra point made it 35-19 and the LSU Crowd was beginning to sense the BCS Championship trophy was on its way to Baton Rouge. However these Cowboys never gave up. The drove once again downfield and scored as Carr caught a 6 yard pass from Chelf to make it 35-25. Once again the Cowboys went for the 2 point conversion and failed to get it. The Cowboys then lined up for an on-side kick. The kick was recovered by who else, Chase Clement. He just fell down and then got right up and started to pump his fists as all that was left was a couple of Mettenberger kneel downs and the BCS National Championship game was all over as the LSU Tigers defeated the Oklahoma State Cowboys 35-25. Wait..is that him? Yes it is. Here comes coach GMONEY walking up to the podium so lets listen to what he had to say to the Media.

Russell Shepard
    Wide Receiver | Speed
    [​IMG]

Home San Juan, TX
    Height 6-1
    Weight 185
    Year Senior

BCS Title game. 4 receptions 121 yards 1 TD

Spencer Ware
    Halfback | Balanced
    [​IMG]

Home Aurora, OH
    Height 5-11
    Weight 223
    Year Junior

[SIZE=2][FONT=Helv][SIZE=2][FONT=Helv][SIZE=2]BCS Title game. 21 rushes 82 yards 1td..1 reception 46 yards 1 TD[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

GMONEY: What's up bitches? ( The Media roars ) Yes I am covered up in Gatorade and Champaign. I don't mind as we are celebrating the BCS Championship. First things first. Congrats to Oklahoma State and their Coach Drois for giving us all we can handle in the game. They are a Class organization over there and their passing game is very explosive. They have many weapons to choose from and a very smart QB. I can't tell you how many times tonight we thought we had him sacked and he just ran up the middle for some key first downs during the game. However I am proud of our team as we held the lead the entire game and played tough when we needed to on defense. I liked the way Zach Mettenger has grown up the past couple of ball games. He is making very smart decisions on the field and it showed once again today as he took what the defense gave. In the SEC Championship game, he found the TE's alot as Georgia was doing alot of blitzing. However in tonight's game, he was able to find 7 different receivers who caught a pass and that was key to the victory. We also had a 80% efficiency rate on 3rd down by going an astonishing 8 for 10 in that category. We are going to celebrate until the wee hours of the morning but come tomorrow afternoon, we need to go on the recruiting trail as we lost 2 first Team All Americans on our OL. I am confident with the players who watched them perform this year from the bench will step up for us next season. We still have to check on their progress not only in the gym but in the class room as well. We also have to take to 4 of our underclassmen who are thinking about leaving school early. Anyway it's time for me to go now. Thanks for coming out this season to my press conferences. God bless you and goodnight."\

Well ladies and Gentlemen, that wraps up another season of LSU football as they are crowned National Champions of 2012. This is J Lo, The Big Booty hoe signing off from the Orange Bowl for ESPN, ESPN2, GMONEY TV and ESPN Deportes. Have a wonderful evening and good night to all.

[FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv][FONT=Helv]GG and good battle Droid. You have a NASTY pasing attack[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  25. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Thanks dogggg. Dude has a Nasty Ass passing game. It's funny, the game is barely 2 months out and I already see where my weaknesses are at. Now I just have to find the dam time to work on it. :);):D:rolleyes::confused: