bowl season is upon us!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Mar 27, 2010.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

bowl season is upon us!

We are in week 3 everyone has a game except TX Tech and Purdue the GMAC bowl is after the championship game I think? Wisconsin v Zona should be a good matchup. Bama is just looking to piss me off so I'll have to let them boys know how we do it in the Mile High City!!!!! Lets get this thing moving to the next season!!!

2. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Horner gets shafted by the Downtown Athletic Club this years Heisman goes to Joe Somebody a WR from FSU!!! He jumps both Cheech and Chong to take home the coveted award. I had nightmares last night about TX A&M's freshman FS he hit my RB's and WR's so hard they didn't want to go back out onto the field. Lets just hope he wants to turn pro after his JR year. Yeah and I think its an insult to the Big 12 that A&M's win in the Big 12 Championship game actually hurt them and they dropped to #4 in the land. FU BCS if Tech takes home the hardware this year you can stick it in your computers and SUCK IT!!!!

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

The Rose Bowl was a great game. Wisconsin won 35-32 but we gave them all they could handle, and were one play away from winning that game.

We were down 28-10 and kicking off to start the 2nd half and I started having flashbacks of the ass kickings I have taken at the hands of Kid Robotz over this year and we just went off. It helped that he fumbled the kick return to start the half and I returned it for a td to make it 28-17, and from there we dominated the 2nd half and really put the clamps on the Badgers.

At the end I had the ball 4th and inches from the 2 with about 10 seconds left down by 3 and I decided to go for the win and ran a qb sneak. :(

That was denied and we lost 35-32. It was a great game and alot of fun. It was fun re living an old rivalry and I look forward to another game with Mr. Robotz next year! He is a class act and played an excellent game. My hat goes off to him!

So Arizona finishes the season 11-2 and have had what is probably their best season in school history. This was a team with well over 25 seniors so next year will be very interesting for us. There will be a three way QB controversy between Mitchell, Lukes, and the transfer I'm bringing in from Texas (name escapes me) but pretty much every other starter on both sides of the ball will be new.However we have recruited very well last year and this year, and it very well may be true that our team will be even better. Only time will tell.

Good luck to everyone else in their bowl game, and again Great Game 1ke! I look forward to the next installment.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Purdue Boilermakers

Purdue wins their second Big Ten championship in three seasons. It was a competitive season throughout, and somehow they managed to stay undefeated.

2014 National Championship: #2 Texas Tech 11-1 (7-1) vs #1 Purdue 12-0 (8-0)

thoughts: I think it's pretty fucked up that I am playing Texas Tech in the National Championship. I'd rather have a rematch against Wisconsin or Texas A&M, but in all honesty Max is going to give me the toughest game with his passing attack. I torched him two seasons ago with Denard Robinson, but lost to him last year when I had a ton of injuries. Playing him at full strength will be a whole nother ball game! Watch out for Nene Lequisha!!

Award Winners:
    Lombardi - :RS:Sr Tanner Woodard - 48 tkls (20 TFL), 13 sacks, 3 FFs, 2 FRs
    Thorpe - :RS:Sr Jorge Williams - 53 tkls (5 TFL), 2 sacks, 7 INTs (TD), 5 defl, 2 FFs

All Americans:
    1st Team
    Column 1
    :RS:Sr DT Tanner Woodard
    :RS:Sr CB Jorge Williams

2nd Team
    Column 1
    Jr HB Brian Robinson

Freshman
    Column 1
    :RS:Fr FS Jamie Gaines
    Fr Returner Mike Pace

All Conference:
    1st Team
    Column 1
    :RS:So QB TJ Smith
    Jr HB Brian Robinson
    :RS:Jr LG Brett Roland
    :RS:Sr LE Brian Berg
    :RS:Sr DT Tanner Woodard
    :RS:Sr CB Jorge Williams
    :RS:Fr FS Jamie Gaines
    Jr K Chris Potts
    :RS:Sr P Joe Cox

2nd Team
    Column 1
    Fr WR Mike Pace
    :RS:Sr C Buster Dorsey
    :RS:Jr RT Adam Johnson
    Sr RE Marcus Bray
    :RS:Sr MLB Adrian Smith
    :RS:Sr CB CJ Bobo

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Brut Sun Bowl

Washington 27
    Notre Dame 13

The Huskies dominant on offense, gaining over 430 total yards. A couple of missed field goals and a fumble on the goalline by WR Hubbard keeps this game close. QB Mike Pearson threw for over 300 and the run game scored the 3 touchdowns. Great way to close out the season, getting a big win over a more talented team like Notre Dame. UW is really looking forward to next season, and this win gives them a lot of momentum.

6. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Iowa 38, LSU 20

Iowa Downs LSU in the "What's In Your Wallet?" Bowl
    [​IMG]

Iowa finished their remarkable season with a victory over #11 LSU on a rainy night in Orlando. The Tigers hung tough for a while, but turnovers, a missed FG, and Iowa's first KO return for TD of the season finally put this one away. Pete Martin, Iowa's backup running back, found the endzone 4 times and will be an important leader of this team next season.

Speaking of next season, there is going to be a lot of turnover. Most importantly, 3 of the starting linebackers from this year's bloodthirsty 3-4 defense are graduating seniors, perhaps necessitating a change in defensive philosophy.

A general observation: The Big East is putrid. The conference winner is unranked USF? How is this possible?

7. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Will play when I get home this afternoon. Put the house on the market officially yesterday and its being shown already today, good, but will not get my hopes anywhere near up.

8. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG] vs[​IMG]
    AT&T COTTON BOWL

University of Alabama VS University of Colorado

The University of Colorado ended the 2014 season on a high note as they defeated the University of Alabama 34-24 in the 2014 AT&T Cotton Bowl. The team ended the season 8-6 won the Big 12 North for the 2nd season in a row and exceeded many expectations. "This team was not supposed to go to a bowl we were ranked 3rd in the North coming into the season and were very young in both the OL and secondary. We had a RS SR QB who had never thrown a TD pass in college we lost our All American RB to a off campus incident. It just goes to show you the heart of this team." said Coach York after the game. "We had some kids step up and take over the leadership roles on the team. We had 3 AA on this team. SR RB Willie Babcock did today (27 att 174 yards 5 TD's total which won him the Cotton Bowl MVP) what he has been doing all year. SO MLB Brad Carter (7 Tackles on the day) was a beast all year long. This team lost 6 games but I felt that we had a chance in all of those games if the ball bounced our way we could have won. Believe me I am not making any excuses we got some bad breaks but for me this team didn't let those things set them back and that makes me the proudest." said the 2nd year coach. SR QB Kelly Cunningham went 15-19 in the game for 182 yards and 1 TD he finished the year with the most TD passes in Buff history. FR TE Kelvin Hawkins a back up for most of the year came into the game when an injury occured to starting TE Bill Prater and caught 4 passes for 60 yards. 4 of 5 members of the Offensive Line will return next year as will suspended RB John Harris and a WR corp that is young and talented. The Defense will be a year older and battle tested as several FR and SO saw major playing time. The Recruiting class is solid and filled with talented kids. "This will be my 1st class here that I can red shirt a majority of the players. We have talent coming back and they can sit a year and learn in practice instead of thrown to the fire." said coach York. 2015 will be a interesting year in the Big 12 north as they welcome Tulsa to the fold and Nebraska brings back a very talented team. The Big 12 South looks deep as they have two teams Texas Tech and Texas A&M who should be in the mix for the MNC either way it will be fun.

9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

all games have been played... advance us to the Natl Title game where A&M should be playing

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

A&M finishes off the year as Fiesta Bowl Champions

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th F
    A&M 14 7 14 0 35
    USF 7 0 0 0 7

The first play from scrimmage resulted in a pick 6 for the Aggies to go up 7-0 and they never looked back. They went up 14-0 and USF would score their only TD of the game to make it 14-7 in which the Aggies scored 21 straight points to put the game away.

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    A&M USF
    Score 35 7
    First Downs 20 11
    Total Offense 476 261
    Rushes-Yards-TD 39-223-3 23-52-0
    Comp-Att-TD 13-26-1 16-34-1
    Passing Yards 253 209
    3rd Down 6-12 (50) 5-14 (35)
    4th Down 0-2 (0) 1-3 (33)
    Redzone-TD-FG 6-3-0 (50) 1-0-0 (0)
    Turnovers 2 4
    Fumble 1 1
    Interception 1 3
    Total Yards 13 17
    Punts-Avg 3-41.3 6-37.5
    Pen-Yards 4-25 0-0
    TOP 19:41 10:59

11. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

yep lets roll.............

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

No one on your team scares me Murk!

When do you want to play this?

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'll be on ...

we can play from 7-11pm Central

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Alright...

we've got a couple days to get this in, but let's try tomorrow..
    I PM'd you my cell