Bowl Season - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 4, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Note: Remember to turn off your recruiting assists and to fix any cpu changed recruiting boards!

We have advanced to Bowl Season!

Weave got shafted and Houston went to the C-USA conference champ game instead of UTEP. Not sure what the tiebreaker was.

In addition, conf champ week was a recruiting dead period so no recruiting to be done.
    (which SCREWED me! as I lost a week of recruiting and have like 7 3-stars still with me at the top but uncommitted....sigh). Oh well...

onto the show!...

The Bowl Snubs
    Mormon, Wyoming, 6-6 in the MWC with a win over #23 Nebraska!
    Note: stop playing 2 FCS teams and losing to crappy UNLV squads... terrible.

Mullen, Bowling Green, 6-6 in the MAC with a win over BCS-bound #20 West Virginia
    Note: did the committees want to avoid controversy by avoiding this shady program and coach?

Tanner, Tulane, 7-5 in C-USA... biggest win over CUSA champ Houston
    Note: Committee wasn't willing to take 7 CUSA teams. Clearly how one finishes matters.

The Bowl Invitees
    North Texas (Plague) vs. Western Michigan - Godaddy.com Bowl (or the Bore Me To Death Bowl)
    Note: 6-6 in the Sun Belt. 6 of last 7 wins. But did he beat anybody? Snubbed teams cry foul!

ULL (Bulldog) vs. Kent State - Little Caesars Pizza Bowl
    Note: 7-5 in the Sun Belt. Big final win over Arizona solidifies bowl-bid. But a rematch? Lame. Can he win?

UTEP (Weave) vs. Northern Illinois - TicketCity Bowl
    (or the Someone Is About to Get Their Ass Kicked.com Bowl)
    Note: Really? 10-2 gets you a snub in the conf champ game and now a bid to the TicketCity Bowl? Holy Hell! Will UTEP be pissed off? Me-thinks someone (NIU) is about to get their oil checked!

• Like Like x 1
  2. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

In regards to mormon's snub- you can only count one DVD win towards bowl eligibility. So he would have needed 7 wins.

And yes-Houston? How the he'll did that happen? I had the tiebreaker!!! Damn you EA!

3. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

North Damn Texas got to a bowl and i beat a BCS sqaud....horseshit...(congrats Plague)

4. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

From 12th on your list Mully all season to a bowl game. Damn that feels good

• Like Like x 3
  5. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

what sucks is I beat Colorado St to get to 6-6 and finished ahead of them in the MWC standings, but they went to a bowl. I guess next time I have two FCS teams on my schedule, ill have to change one of them.

6. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

stupid autcorrect - what the hell is a dvd win? I meant FCS win.

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

haha I thought you had inside lingo with DVD