1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Bowl Season - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 4, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Note: Remember to turn off your recruiting assists and to fix any cpu changed recruiting boards!

We have advanced to Bowl Season!

Weave got shafted and Houston went to the C-USA conference champ game instead of UTEP. Not sure what the tiebreaker was.

In addition, conf champ week was a recruiting dead period so no recruiting to be done.
    (which SCREWED me! as I lost a week of recruiting and have like 7 3-stars still with me at the top but uncommitted....sigh). Oh well...

onto the show!...

The Bowl Snubs
    Mormon, Wyoming, 6-6 in the MWC with a win over #23 Nebraska!
    Note: stop playing 2 FCS teams and losing to crappy UNLV squads... terrible.

Mullen, Bowling Green, 6-6 in the MAC with a win over BCS-bound #20 West Virginia
    Note: did the committees want to avoid controversy by avoiding this shady program and coach?

Tanner, Tulane, 7-5 in C-USA... biggest win over CUSA champ Houston
    Note: Committee wasn't willing to take 7 CUSA teams. Clearly how one finishes matters.

The Bowl Invitees
    North Texas (Plague) vs. Western Michigan - Godaddy.com Bowl (or the Bore Me To Death Bowl)
    Note: 6-6 in the Sun Belt. 6 of last 7 wins. But did he beat anybody? Snubbed teams cry foul!

ULL (Bulldog) vs. Kent State - Little Caesars Pizza Bowl
    Note: 7-5 in the Sun Belt. Big final win over Arizona solidifies bowl-bid. But a rematch? Lame. Can he win?

UTEP (Weave) vs. Northern Illinois - TicketCity Bowl
    (or the Someone Is About to Get Their Ass Kicked.com Bowl)
    Note: Really? 10-2 gets you a snub in the conf champ game and now a bid to the TicketCity Bowl? Holy Hell! Will UTEP be pissed off? Me-thinks someone (NIU) is about to get their oil checked!

• Like Like x 1
  2. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

In regards to mormon's snub- you can only count one DVD win towards bowl eligibility. So he would have needed 7 wins.

And yes-Houston? How the he'll did that happen? I had the tiebreaker!!! Damn you EA!

3. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

North Damn Texas got to a bowl and i beat a BCS sqaud....horseshit...(congrats Plague)

4. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

From 12th on your list Mully all season to a bowl game. Damn that feels good

• Like Like x 3
  5. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

what sucks is I beat Colorado St to get to 6-6 and finished ahead of them in the MWC standings, but they went to a bowl. I guess next time I have two FCS teams on my schedule, ill have to change one of them.

6. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

stupid autcorrect - what the hell is a dvd win? I meant FCS win.

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

haha I thought you had inside lingo with DVD