Bowl Season | Season 2 Results

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by MartyWebb, Aug 13, 2012.

1. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

a

2. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

going to try and new style for this game, just to see how it looks. I like writing, but may switch to this for those quick turnaround weeks. Give me feedback, please!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Bowl Week - Season Two
    marcusriosint-bowlgame.jpg
    After a difficult year for both Boise State(7-5) and UCLA(6-6), both would take the field at AT&T Park to take out their aggression, and end their season with a positive. At quarterback, Boise State would be led by Joe Southwick, his UCLA counterpart being Brett Hundley. On this day they'd combine for 526 yards on 43 of 72 passing, but it'd be one incomplete pass that would determine the outcome of this game.​
    With 2 minutes remaining, and a 20-15 lead, UCLA would attempt to defend a comeback by the Broncos. A comeback that would serve to be potent, and all too real as the Broncos would enter the Bruins side of the field, and the redzone, with hardly any difficulty. That was when Freshman (RS) Marcus Rios would pick off a Southwick pass in the front of the endzone, returning it for a touchdown from 102 yards away. While it certainly earned him the game ball, it also serves as hope for the Bruins faithful that their season of horrid pass defense end with a defensive back making a huge play.​
    SCORING
    =======
    FIRST QUARTER
    4:49 - TD Boise : R. Ash, returned fumble 49 Yds (D. Goodale kick)
    SECOND QUARTER
    6:54 - TD UCLA : S. Evans, 40 Yd pass from B. Hundley (K. Fairbairn kick)
    2:27 - FG Boise : D. Goodale, 22 Yd FG
    0:51 - TD UCLA : B. Hundley, 45 Yd run (K. Fairbairn kick)
    0:00 - FG Boise : D. Goodale, 37 Yd FG
    THIRD QUARTER
    3:40 - FG UCLA : K. Fairbairn, 46 Yd FG
    FOURTH QUARTER
    1:52 - FG UCLA : K. Fairbairn, 46 Yd FG
    0:35 - TD UCLA : M. Rios, returned interception 102 Yds (K. Fairbairn kick)

Final Score :
    Boise State 15 - 27 UCLA

Player of the Game :
    UCLA CB Marcus Rios, 3 Tackles, 2 Interceptions, 1 Touchdown

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Utes Humiliate Horned Frogs in Alamo Bowl, 45-7
    Five Turnovers for Ute D contain potent TCU offense
    On paper, TCU had a ridiculous offense with a 98 ovr QB and WR, 94 ovr HB, a 93 ovr WR as their number 2, and a stout offensive line. But five turnovers (4 INTs, 2 of which in the redzone, and a fumble added on) will make any offense seem pedestrian. Utah's defense flew around all day against TCU, looking like the stout defense of last year instead of the battered unit of the 7-5 season.​
    The first quarter saw Senior signal caller Jordan Wynn lead a long opening drive, taking it in for himself from three yards out. After a touchdown saving INT by senior SS Brian Blechen, Utah would drive the length of the field but be stopped just short of the endzone and have to settle for a field goal. TCU's offense would find new life on their next drive, as on a 3rd 12, a slant play from QB Casey Paschall went to WR Josh Boyce for a 76 yard score, due to some "shoddy tackling" by the Utah defense.​
    But that 10-7 mark would be as close as things got between the two. Utah would go on to score 35 unanswered points: 4 passing TD's from Wynn to senior TE Kendrick Moaei (twice) and then one a piece to senior WR Dres Anderson and junior wideout, Quinton Pedroza. Senior RB Kelvin York would cap off the season for Utah with a 3 yard touchdown late.​
    York had himself a career day: rushing for over 114 yards and a score off 22 carries, but also added 86 yards off three screen plays. But the game ball went to Wynn, with his 322 yards and 4 scores off 16/21 passing as well as 44 yards on the ground.​
    Utah finishes the season 8-5 after starting the season off 1-4. A 7-1 record, (including a 4 game win streak to end the season) gives Utah some momentum going into next season.
    Alamo Bowl Ind Stats.JPG Alamo Bowl Team Stats.JPG
    Also, to those who might question the 45-7 win against the CPU during the bowl game: I say thus to you​

• Like Like x 1
  4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I reference this constantly. Bravo.

...but you're still a fucking knob.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

6. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

i honestly dont remember, i won though, i think it was 35-14?

8. Bulldog

Go to the archive section on the dynasty wire. I would but for some reason i can only see USC's game recaps on there.

9. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

38-10 Belk Bowl over Cincinatti

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bulldog

thanks man

11. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Enjoy! ​

• Like Like x 2