Bowl Season

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Sep 20, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Bowl Season

Welcome to Bowl Season!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-12) ===============

[​IMG]

=============== Idaho Vandals (8-4) ===============
    Idaho will face Florida in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl.

[​IMG]

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (8-4) ===============
    Kent State will face #21 UCF in the New Orleans Bowl.

[​IMG]

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (8-4) ===============
    Western Kentucky will face USF in the St Petersburg Bowl.

[​IMG]

=============== UAB Blazers (7-5) ===============
    UAB will face Colorado State in the Armed Forces Bowl.

[​IMG]

=============== #2 Western Michigan Broncos (13-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 52-14 against Arkansas State (8-5).
    #2 Western Michigan will face #1 Texas in the BCS National Championship.

[​IMG]

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (8-5) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 52-14 against Western Michigan (13-0).
    Arkansas State will face Southern Miss in the Hawaii Bowl.

[​IMG]

=============== Utah State Aggies (7-5) ===============
    Utah State will face Minnesota in the Texas Bowl.

=============== Army Black Knights (3-9) ===============

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (2-9) ===============

[​IMG]

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (7-5) ===============
    UL Lafayette will face #23 TCU in the Poinsettia Bowl.

2. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Anyway we could wait longer than 12 hrs on this advance? I can play tomorrow night.

3. DirtycashDylan

Sure. 12 hours is more for the weeks no one has a game anyway.

4. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Barely beat Minnesota to win the Texas bowl. Had a 27-7 lead. Minnesota scored 3 Tds in a row but missed 2 extra points, then kicked a field goal to take a 29-27 lead. Managed to get into field goal range to win 30-29. Fischer had 400+ yards and 3 Tds.

5. DirtycashDylan

I got a little too smart for my own good last week and changed my offense from Multiple to Spread so I wouldn't have to take another FB walk-on in the offseason and it came back to bite me. I forgot about it and started my bowl using the Spread generic book as my default offense. I was just going to play it but there wasn't one formation under center other than goalline and I just can't do that shit. hence-restart. I could've easily flown under the radar and no one woulda noticed the restart but I wanted to be upfront with it.

[​IMG]

WKU-48
    USF-16

Western Kentucky got their first bowl victory in school history Tuesday night destroying the much more talented South Florida Bulls by 32. After studying tape from the Air Force Academy all Saturday and Sunday night, WKU coach DCD went to the option early and often. SR HB Bobby Rainey didn't disappoint in his finale rushing 20 times for 127 yards and a score, but the real story was Kawaun "JQwon" Jakes (12-14, 190 yards 1 TD 0 Int, 5 rush 127 yards 3 TDs) announcing to the world that he didn't need facial hair to be the 3rd best QB in the C-USA.

Western Kentucky's program is at an all time high as they look to parlay this bowl victory into even more future success.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2011 Armed Forces Bowl
    UAB Blazers - 27
    Colorado State Rams - 20​

Fort Worth, TX – The UAB Blazers capped off a successful 2011 season with a win in the Armed Forces Bowl, beating the Colorado State Rams 27-20.

The Blazers fell behind early 10-3 following the only turnover of the game, an interception thrown by Junior QB David Isabelle. But right before the half, UAB drove down the field and scored on a 15 yard TD pass from Isabelle to TE Sims to take the lead 13-10 at the half.

The Blazers never trailed again and held on in the 4th quarter as the Rams scored with just over a minute left. However, the Blazers were able to recover the Colorado State on-side kick attempt and ran out the clock.

Coach Recchem achieved all his goals this season, getting 8 wins, a bowl bid and beating Alabama. However, most of the offensive line will be gone in 2012 as well as some other key positions, mainly both starting HB’s, Fitzgerald and Barnett. Any success the Blazers are going to have is going to riding squarely on the shoulders of their QB David Isabelle. Freshman starters will play a key role in 2012!

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    1 2 3 4 F
    UAB 3 10 7 7 27
    Colorado State 10 0 3 7 20

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UAB CSU
    First Downs 19 16
    Total Yards 367 373
    Rushes-Yards-TD 33-127-0 33-108-0
    Comp-Att-TD 16-22-3 17-25-2
    Passing Yards 240 265
    Turnovers 1 0
    Fum 0 0
    Int 1 0
    T.O.P. 19:00 13:00

Passing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Name Rating Comp Att Yards TD Int
    David Isabelle, UAB 200.2 16 22 240 3 1
    Pete Thomas, CSU 183.4 17 25 265 2 0

Rushing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Att Yards Avg TD
    Jae Fitzgerald, UAB 12 69 5.7 0
    Dexter Barnett, UAB 11 70 6.3 0
    Lou Greenwood, CSU 22 101 4.5 0

Receiving
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Rec Yds Avg Td
    Nick Adams, WR, UAB 4 60 15.0 2
    Marquise Law, WR, CSU 4 70 17.5 1

Defense
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Name Tks TFL SK Int FF FR TD
    Greg Irvin, OLB, UAB 8 2 2 0 0 0 0
    James Sketon, MLB, CSU 10 2 1 0 1 0 0

7. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

2011 Sheraton Hawaii Bowl
    Arkansas State 48, Southern Miss 35

The Red Wolves hold off Southern Miss, win shootout behind the arm of Aplin. In Arkansas State's best offensive performance of the year, yardage-wise (784 yards) Southern Miss didn't stand a chance. Ryan Aplin was 35-51 for 543 yards and 5TDs. Derek Lawson ran for 107 yards on 22 carries, and backup Frankie Jackson had 67 yards on 11 carries. The Red Wolves had 5 receivers with over 80 yards receiving: Stockemeyer (139, TD), Murray (93, 2TD), Frampton (90, 2TD), Harris (90), Lawson (84). All in all, the offense couldn't be stopped, and had the ball all day because Southern Miss didn't have one long drive all game, either punting quickly or scoring quickly. Their scores came on plays of 97 yards, 77 yards, and 57 yards until the 4th quarter, where they scored on a fumble return for a TD, and a 6 yard score after an INT left them a short field. 2 INTs by Aplin in the 4th let USM get within 41-35, but he turned around and led the Red Wolves on one final scoring drive to seal the deal, 48-35.

9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Kent State struggled to a 4-8 record last season and found little success offensively. This season was a different story as they rode JacQuise Terry and his 1,486 yards and 19 touchdowns to an 8-4 record.

Unfortunately despite him getting the Golden Flashes to a bowl game, they would have to play most of it, without him. Terry was knocked out of the game early and the Golden Flash offense would struggle to move the ball without him. UCF would capitalize on good field position and run the score up to 24-6 with only a few minutes left in the third quarter.

Kent State would then move the ball up the field before sputtering and facing a 4th-and-10 at the UCF 39-yard line. With their backs against the wall, the Golden Flashes would finally get something going as WR Tyshon Goode made the catch and then broke away for the touchdown. Kent State would follow up by running in the two-point conversion and cutting the lead to 24-14.

They would then force a 3 and out, and ram the ball right back down the field for another touchdown, cutting the lead to 24-21 to start the fourth. The defenses would step up but Kent St would drive late in the game down by 3. While the drive would stall, they would kick the tying field goal with 58 seconds to play. Then after a quick 3 and out, Kent St would get the ball back, complete a few quick passes and knock through the game winning field goal as time expired!

The scene of celebration quickly turned to panic as Kent State linebacker Adam Collins celebrated the bowl win by gunning down UCF quarterback Rob Calabrese. Calabrese was rushed to a nearby hospital but died en route. Collins was immediately taken into custody and was not available for comment.

10. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I nailed down coach of the year and Doug Wiggins got the Bednarik and Thorpe awards.

[​IMG] approves this post.

11. Full Moon Fever

I'd like to know how the F I draw the Florida Facking Gators, an A- overall team somehow getting the #9 SEC bowl slot. Good night that was awful. I started out well enough, taking a 10-0 lead early. Then Brantley went into God Mode. Then the rest of the team followed. The Florida Gators flexed their muscles and like Dylan at a male revue, all the Vandals could do was drop their jaws, stare, and take it all in. The Gators poured it on, earning a 58-27 victory in the Liberty Bowl. That's right, the Florida Gators beat the University of Idaho, and they celebrated like slaves reaching he north. After the game, Coach CenTech had some candid comments...

Well, it was a pretty good season. We certainly wish the seniors well and I thought they represented us well. There's just not a lot we could do against a bunch like that. Felt like Jqwon's mom. We just got reamed by 11 large athletic men for about 3 hours. We're gonna be sore tomorrow, that's for sure. Hell, we're gonna have to give our left tackle a pregnancy test the way they were doing him. Glad that shit is over. But hey, at least I signed a lot of fucked up recruits last year. Hopefully this year's crop will be a little better because our depth chart ain't looking too good.

12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I'm not sure how it's necessary to throw in an insult to my mother...but i like your style...

13. DirtycashDylan

lol Tech, nice.

14. Full Moon Fever

Yeah I guess it wasn't really necessary, I just don't know anybody else's mom.
    ;)