Bowl Season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Get er done gentlemen. I'd like one good final summary from everyone while I'm commish. And keeps the stats realistic please. Have fun in your bowls and it was great being commish but as of Players Leaving fuzzyl0gic will take over.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Rutgers misses out again - yeesh.

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

*shakes head*

[​IMG]

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Cmon I gotta break the NCAA career passing yards record

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Keller

lol

7. Keller

[​IMG]
    Maryland ACC Champs

Maryland played their best game of the season in the most important game of the season to this point - the ACC Championship game against the Miami Hurricanes.

The Maryland offense was efficient, balanced and most importantly, mistake free against a very fast Miami defense.

QB Devin Burns connected with 7 different receivers, going 18/28 for 247 yards, 3 touchdowns and no interceptions.

RB Caleb Porzel carried the ball 22 times for 152 yards but no touchdowns.

WR Brandon Edwards led in receiving, catching 4 balls for 107 yards and a touchdown.

The Terps prize - facing off against a super talented Florida Gators squad in the Orange Bowl.

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

National Title Game

Illinios 45
    Texas 7

The game is over and Illinois Dominated. Coach Hova has brought a title to the Illini as he promised 3 years ago. Our 3 year planned worked out beautifully and Steelballs led us to the promise land. This game was not even close as our defense shockingly played great and of course steelballs played the game of his life.

[​IMG]

Steelballs won FOUR awards this season along with the title and now is the NCAA Career Record holder for passing yards and passing TDs. He is the most illustrious and greatest college quarterback off ALL TIME.

Steelballs Career Stats:

175.4 Rating, 913/1562 17,080 Passing Yards, 149 TDs, 50 INTs, 58% Compl.

Coach Hova now steps down on top of the game and exits along with Nathan Steelballs.

9. Keller

You would blow out Texas - psh. And here I thought it might actually be a good game.

10. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

MUSIC CITY BOWL
    Kentucky - 24
    NC State - 17
    F-OT

Another OT loss for NC State, and this one ended the same as the other 2, with HB James Washington fumbling it as we go in to score. I pretty had Kentucky shut down for most of the game, they managed a field goal in the first half after a bad interception by Brosius, and I was up 17-3 when they came back in the 4th quarter to tie it and send it to OT, where they punched it in right away. After breaking a 10 yard run on the first play, Washington fumbled the second play inside the 10 yard line, and Kentucky fell on it, ending the game.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Capitol One Bowl

LSU - 47

Michigan State - 38

Our defense could not keep up with the SEC speed. I now hate the SEC lol. Boisture was able to make it a game late but on the very first play of the Tigers next possession they scored a TD, pretty much sealing the victory. We converted 3 2 point conversions in the 4th to even come this close, but it wasn't quite enough. The Spartans end this great season on a sour note and Boisture is pissed he has to end his career this way.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Is everyone done?

13. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I played my game last night, I need to fine time today to do the write up

14. gowazzucougs

according to the dynasty wire 6 people have played their bowl games

15. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I am done, I need to do a write-up.

16. gowazzucougs

Northwestern 39
    Oklahoma State 37

In the final game of Denard Robinson career, he went out on the highest of high notes. He threw for over 300 yards and three TDs including the game winner as time expired. In addition to Oklahoma State not stopping Denard Robinson throwing the ball, they definitely did not stop him from running the ball. Robinson ran for 217 yards and 2 TDs, his two rushing scores were 47 and 33 yards.

This game was a tight battle for over three quarters, but during the fourth quarter it appeared that the Pokies had seize control of the game as their lead went from 2 at of the three quarters to 12 with 2:37 remaining in the game. Then Denard Robinson took over. He lead the team down the field, and then avoided being sack and ran 33 yards for a touchdown. Then after forcing the Cowboys to punt the ball and 31 seconds remaining the Wildcats began their last drive. The Wildcats got the ball at or around the Cowboys 40 yard line with 16 seconds remaining, no time outs, disaster struck as Robinson got sacked, and the Wildcats had to hurry back to the line as time ticked down. Somehow Robinson got the snap off with 1 second remaining and heaved the bomb to end zone which came down in the hands of Rashard Lawerence winning the Insight Bowl.

Two side notes, Robinson set the school record for passing yards in a season. Additionally, 217 yards rushing with Robinson is quite a bit, but Oklahoma State was playing shitty defense in terms of containing Robinson. I would drop back to pass and OSU was daring me to run because there was huge gaps between the tackles, how was I not suppose to run with one of the fastest qbs in the game? I posted on the dynasty wire the two touchdown runs, the first run if you remove the center I could have driven a MAC truck through the hole, on the other Robinson is almost sacked, is lucky to get out of the pocket, then runs by a defensive back who should have made the tackle, and then he just runs into the end zone. When you have those opportunities to run all day and you have a fast quarterback he is going to gain 200 yards rushing.

17. Lobster Killah

Lobster Killah Custom Title!?

Playing my game now.

18. Lobster Killah

Lobster Killah Custom Title!?

Got my ass kicked... terrible game guess that's what happens when you don't have a game for 2 or 3 weeks.. I'm too pissed to do a write up right now and I have to play games for other leagues, I'll try to do one later.

19. Keller

Maryland beats Florida 13-10 - phew, what a nightmare. Ready to roll Mas/Fuzzy