Bowl Season!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AJ Hart MN, Jan 10, 2011.

1. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Well, the Gators are the National Champion again.. Playing against Central Michigan was not the ideal team to play after we just beat an excellent Alabama team. We came out a bit flat but ended up destroying the C overall team.

There really is not much to say here. My Gators are just way too good for the MAC squad. It's sad that I had to play them as it now seems I didn't earn the championship but oh well, what are we gonna do??

The steak is now at 29 games and counting. Who will be the team that's gonna end this sucker?? The Gators seem to be just getting better now as seasons go by. Can LSU step up and knock down the mighty Gators? Will South Carolina play a flawless game and topple their bitter rivals?? or will it be a non-conference foe that challenges this juggernaut or the pesky CPU?? All great questions for 2015.

It will surely be an interesting year as there will be some changes in the Hurt Locker.

My favorites for 2015:

1-Florida
    2-BC
    3-OU

2. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Oregon is NASTY. TCU WAS NOT READY for the way Oregon came in to play the "frogs." Oregon rolls in Vegas. Next season is coach Joe's first full season.

@AJ Hart MN, these guys are faster than my Bama squad. Haven't looked at who I lose yet, but if they come back...lookout.

3. Lobster Killah

Lobster Killah Custom Title!?

Postin this right now to avoid any issues. I'm restarted my game, I havn't even kicked off yet, but I kept the blue home unis so I can't see my players names. I gotta restart and use the greens. Screws me all up when I can't see my players names lol :(

4. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Just to give everyone a heads up, I have having some work done on the house so I may have to let mexirican play the CPU. Depending on what I can get done right after work, I may be able to play but it is either the Sugar Bowl for sure, or the off season for sure and I will be taking the off season on this one.

At worst, see you all at 7 CST.

5. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

NP, thx for the heads up.

6. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Isn't it funny that I ended up playing Tennessee in my bowl game this year?

Of all the teams I could play, I had to play the team that I could have quite possibly been coaching. Small World or something like that.

7. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Texas and LSU play a classic in the Big Easy for some of that sugar. Texas started off the game with some good ol thunder and lightning, as Lightning (Shead) ripped open a 29 yard score, breaking off a tackle in which the defender ran into his own teammate, and diving for the score. LSU would try to respond, as QB Boone would throw a 47 yard bomb to WR Scott. "From that moment on, we knew we would have to key on Scott the entire game" Coach Mexi quoted. But back to back sacks would put back LSU to attempt a 46 yard fg, but that fell short. Texas went right back to running it and got a Lightning strike from 4 yards out. Then, with 2 minutes left in the half, Texas would try to get a quick score, but Wood would be picked off by Calhoun. But then a sack by DE Jeffcoat would cause a fumble, given Texas the ball at the 50. Which only lead to another interception by Calhoun once again. LSU was then able to take advantage of this, as Boone hit Simon from 8 yards out to give the Tigers some momentum going into the half, only being down 14-7. The second half would lead to even more sacks for the Texas d-line, as they were constantly in the backfield creating pressure on Boone. LSU would have trouble sustaining drives due to this. Texas would score once again, as Wood would hit Richardson from 7 yards out on third down against an all out blitz. He took the hit, shrugged it off, and celebrated with his receiver. LSU would then drive to Texas's 26 yard line, but once again stalled, setting up for a FG. But Coach Huskie called a fake. Coach Mexi knew that a fake could be considered here, and called for a safe man. The holder had no where to throw the ball, and was sacked by Jeffcoat. Texas was unable to take advantage, and LSU would answer. On a third down play, the line was able to hold up on a blitz just long enough for Boone to hit TE Dickerson who broke a tackle and took it 75 yards all the way to the one, which was followed by a Richard score. At this point, its 21-14. With 5 minutes left, Texas could only run off 2 minutes off the clock. LSU would then knot things up with a Richard 1 yard run. "Their receivers are the best corp that we played against all season. Not only were they fast, but they were catching everything. Even in the tightest man to man coverage we could muster, they still got up and made some terrific grabs." With only a minute left in the game, Coach Mexi would have to make a decision. His qb had already thrown 2 picks, so should they go for the win, or take it to ot? Wood wanted they ball in his hands, so I said "Let it rip". Wood would then find an open White, who hauled in a 25 yarder. After a Whaley run to the middle of the field, it was all in the hands of a freshman kicker. LSU would call TO to attempt to freeze him, but it would matter. He showed guts by nailing a 34 yarder right down the middle true the entire way. "What a great game. Give credit to the d-line. They wrecked havoc in getting 10 sacks on the day." Texas ends its year with a 12-1 record and makes a statement on who the best conference in college football is.

#6 Texas 24 - #9 LSU 21