Bowl Season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shnoogans10, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Shnoogans10

Shnoogans10 Walk On

Okay guys we are in bowl season now. Not sure what the BCS is thinking but I got a bid for the NC against Boil. Once we get are games in we will advance to players leaving and I guess try to get in a morning on the weekend to advance through the offseason. If you guys would rather advance a day throughout the week instead let me know.
    Daplaymaker
    Crumbler81
    boil16
    Fred Limbo
    fpuent
    Nautica
    the_rhinoceros
    cyhiphopp

2. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Looks like my Tar Heels got an invite to face #9 Ohio State in the Orange Bowl. Is the_rhinoceros still away?

3. Shnoogans10

Shnoogans10 Walk On

I will send him a message and see. Can you give him some time before playing

4. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Sure thing

5. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Are there any other user vs user bowl games? I am away from my console right now.

6. boil16

boil16 Walk On

I think I'm full up on recruits for the season anyways so I'm good with whatever. Just need to do cuts and position changes.

7. boil16

boil16 Walk On

Crumbler81 and the_rhinoceros play. That's the only other one.

8. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Nope, just the Orange Bowl and BCS National Championship.

9. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

I think I'm in about the same boat as boil with recruiting. Only 1 recruit left to sign and I'm 1st in interest with a big lead on 2nd place.

10. boil16

boil16 Walk On

BCS National Championship Game
    Nebraska 41 - Texas A&M 14
    It started out as a hard fought battle, Nebraska taking the opening kickoff with a methodical 4 min drive to open up the scoring 7-0 with a Rex Burkhead 2 yard TD plunge. However on A&M's first play from scrimmage, Johnny Manziel took off up the middle for a 13 yard gain but was upended by Daimion Stafford and fumbled the ball. The Huskers recovered and a little over a min later, Taylor Martinez scored on a 6 yd TD run. Early in the second quarter, Manziel hit Swope for an 8 yd td to pull within 7 points. The Huskers went on another long drive ending with a 1 yd Burkhead TD run. Then on the first play for A&M after the kickoff, Manziel threw the first of 3 interceptions in the game. The Huskers took it down inside the 10 but had to settle for a FG right before half. The third quarter featured the defenses, each getting a stop on the first possesions. Then late in the third with the Aggies driving deep in Husker territory, Alonzo Moore picked off Manziel and took it the distance for the 84 yd TD return. The Huskers never looked back. Burkhead added another TD run early in the fourth quarter, and after the last Manziel pick, the 'skers added another FG to finish their scoring. A&M got a late TD and Martinez kneeled to cap an incredible season.
    Good game Shnoogans10

• Like Like x 1
  11. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

As an Iowa State fan and alumni I can't believe I am saying this...

Go Big Red! Congrats on the championship!

12. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Looks like we advanced into the offseason...

Kinda wish I could have gotten a heads up so I could have played the Orange Bowl instead of having it simmed.

13. Shnoogans10

Shnoogans10 Walk On

Hey guys as Crumbler noticed we have advanced to the offseason. Sucks about simming some of the games but there has been some weeks that have drug out do and I can't even tell who is autopiloted anymore and who is playing. So I apologize to everyone. Right now we are at the coaching carousel, Everyone take a chance to look around. I am going to post a thread to try to keep everyone involved and advance through the recruiting as fast as possible.

14. boil16

boil16 Walk On

Like I said before, I don't need to recruit, I just want to do cuts and position changes.