Bowl Week 2 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Apr 15, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Bowl Week 2 Summaries

[​IMG]
    #13 Memphis vs. #19 Alabama

Liberty Bowl- Alabama was supposed to walk all over Memphis. The C-USA heard the reports all week leading up to this one.

"I made my team watch it. I wanted them to hear what the country was saying about 'em." Coach JerzeyReign said referring to all the doubts by the media and coaches around the nation of Memphis' success.

Memphis would come out rolling. On its' opening possession Memphis would drive flawlessly down the field and T.Bass would throw his first TD pass of the game to C.Johnson. After a Bama punt, T.Bass would again display his arm as he connected with C.Baker on a 21 yard pass to make it 14-0 in the first quarter.

"He played like he wanted it." Coach Jerzey said of T.Bass. T.Bass would throw for 409 yards and had 7 touchdown passes in the game.

Second quarter brought no relief for the Roll Tide as Memphis would continue to pass circles around the Bama defense. Memphis would make it 31-0 on two more T.Bass touchdown passes before the Roll Tide knew what hit 'em. The Roll Tide would eventually get on the score board as Julio Jones would break tackles and escaped with a 66 yard touchdown pass with 51 seconds left in the half. It was too much time for the Memphis offense. The air attack once again moved without resistance as T.Bass would throw his 5th touchdown pass of the half as Memphis jumped out to a 38-7 halftime lead.

"I wasn't calling the dogs off. Our team deserved this. We busted our ass all season. We weren't favored in any of the games we played. Maybe this will raise some eyebrows." Coach Jerzey said after the game.

Bama's defense would play better in the second half but Memphis would manage to score 16 points in the second half (including a safety) to a lone Bama touchdown to finish one of the most shocking blowouts in college football history. Final Score in this one: Memphis 54 Alabama 14

Passing:
    Memphis: T.Bass 24/45 409yds 7TD 3INT
    Alabama: G.McElroy 14/30 204yds 1TD 1INT

Rushing:
    Memphis: T.Bass 19att 101yds 0TD
    Alabama: T.Grant 27att 52yds 0TD

Recieving:
    Memphis: C.Baker 6rec 110yds 3TD
    Alabama: J.Jones 3rec 101yds 1TD

Defense:
    Memphis: J.Thompson 10tack 7TFL 1safety
    Alabama: R.Green 13tack

POTG:
    Mempis: T.Bass
    Alabama: D.Hightower

*That game was seriously the easiest game of the year. Bama couldn't stop anything I did. I will admit their defensive line was killing mine, I had a 100 yards on like 8 option plays. The rest of those carries was me trying to escape a sack. I think a stat overlay in the game said they had 23 hurries early in the 3rd quarter.

Great year hopefully we will carry this success over to next year.